Returned To The Game After Several Years And A Bunch Of My Mechs Are Missing.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:48 PM

I haven't played this game for a long, at least 4 years I think.
But when I reinstalled it and logged in to my old account a bunch of mechs were missing.
At least 6 is gone but it might be more since I can't really remember which ones I actually had.

(And I've already checked filters and rebooted the game. They are really missing even from my profile)

I only noticed because my Griffins were missing, which is my favourite mech so I would never get rid of them. This along with only having two Uziel when I knew I bought a preorder pack of 3 when it was released (and I would never get rid of a mech I paid real money for).

By my reckoning I'm missing at least the following mechs.

grf-1n
grf-1s
ctpl-1a
shd-2d2
shd-5m
uzl-? (can't remember the version)

However, I think it might be even more mechs missing.

Partly, because I have these faint recollections of owning a bunch of other mechs, like Commando light mechs, a single Crab, and a bunch of other mechs such as hunchbacks and victors, along with several other of the griffin variants.

Partly, because it used to be you always bought mechs in bundles of three variants. And I got a lot of twos.

And partly because the skill refund ledger on the profile list a bunch of mechs that they've refunded skillpoints for but which are missing from my inventory. (Like the shadowhawks which I had completely forgotten I had owned until I checked the refund ledger.)

Thing is I also only have 1 extra, unoccupied mechbay so I'm missing mechbays too.

So what is going on?

Is it possible to put mechs and mechbays in some sort of storage?

Have there been some sort of massive recall/refund of mechs and mechbays due to game changes during the time I was gone? (Though I must say the amount of c-bills/MCs I have seems kind of low for something like that.)

Figured I asked here if anyone know what's going on, before I bother the support guys?

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:41 PM

Never heard of anything like it, but I too just returned from a long break (I haven't any missing mech afaik). I don't think we can do anything for you, contact accounts@mwomercs.com so you hopefully can recover your mechs.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:57 AM

1. Is it possible you have some filters set in your inventory? Double-check that, you want the filter settings to look like this: Posted Image

2. You can examine the list of your currently owned variants through your profile page: https://mwomercs.com/profile

3. A few times I've ran into a situation where the backend only returned some of my mechs. Loading into a map - any map, even Training Grounds - and back reloads your mech list.

Is it possible to put mechs and mechbays in some sort of storage?
No.

Have there been some sort of massive recall/refund of mechs and mechbays due to game changes during the time I was gone?
No.

Edited by Horseman, 03 June 2023 - 02:02 AM.

#4 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 02:47 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 June 2023 - 01:57 AM, said:

1. Is it possible you have some filters set in your inventory? Double-check that, you want the filter settings to look like this: Posted Image

2. You can examine the list of your currently owned variants through your profile page: https://mwomercs.com/profile

3. A few times I've ran into a situation where the backend only returned some of my mechs. Loading into a map - any map, even Training Grounds - and back reloads your mech list.

No.
No.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Guess, I'll have to mail the support.

Is there anyway to see old purchases you have made? Both with real money and with c-bills in the ingame store?

#5 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 02:59 AM

View PostChryckan, on 03 June 2023 - 02:47 AM, said:

Is there anyway to see old purchases you have made? Both with real money and with c-bills in the ingame store?

Your profile is supposed to shows all your mechs, have a look in case your missing mechs are there.
Also, the "preorder" tab shows all the mechs you bought on the site. This page shows your MC purchase, though non-specific.
But as far as I know, no history of ingame cbill purchases

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 June 2023 - 12:42 AM

View PostChryckan, on 03 June 2023 - 02:47 AM, said:

In addition to what Epikt said, the mech stats tab will list every mech variant you've played at least one match in: https://mwomercs.com...stats?type=mech

#7 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 06:40 PM

Do you recall having more than 1 account? It isnt unusual to for returning players think they are missing mechs, but then remember they had more than one account (different email address) with their missing mechs.

#8 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 05:57 AM

Is it possible to have 2 same mechs? I had two TDR-5SS, can't remeber did I sold the 2nd, or it vanished (now I have one).

Except the case above, I did not lose any mech on several accounts for 10 years.

#9 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 07:08 AM

View PostStorky, on 08 June 2023 - 05:57 AM, said:

Is it possible to have 2 same mechs?

Yes.
(for example I have two Hunchback-IIC-A, among others)

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2023 - 02:21 AM

You can have as many duplicate mechs as you have bays for.
I have four each of standard Warhammer 6Rs, Orion VAs, KGC-000B's, three standard DWF-Cs (one from the booster, one from PGI's giveaway, one from an event) and Bushwacker X1's.

Edited by Horseman, 09 June 2023 - 02:22 AM.

#11 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 10:11 PM

This thread was moved to Workarounds.
Please contact accounts@mwomercs.com if the issue can't be solved by yourself.

#12 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 June 2023 - 01:16 PM

Do you maybe remember the "alpha" ?
There was hard reset between "alpha" and the rest of the oh so slow development that let untill now

#13 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 July 2023 - 12:30 PM

He's not thinking of Alpha when some of the 'mechs he's missing are from after the Clan Invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users