Current Favorite Black Lanner Build

2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt85

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 01:10 AM

This is my current favorite build for the Black Lanner: bkl-d

I find the micro pulse compliment the HMG's nicely and the single medium pulse gives me a little bit of range and a bit of alpha damage. I even had a game where both my arms were blown off and I ran around with just the medium pulse... got two more kills and survived the match! Another nice feature of this build is that it produces almost no heat and all weapons can be sustained while you circle a helpless assault or follow an unfortunate light.

Edited by Matt85, 05 June 2023 - 01:15 AM.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 01:56 AM

View PostMatt85, on 05 June 2023 - 01:10 AM, said:

Another nice feature of this build is that it produces almost no heat and all weapons can be sustained while you circle a helpless assault or follow an unfortunate light.

This is not a good idea, especially because you already have the machine guns for some no heat damage. And even if it was a pure laser boat, you'd better have less heat-sinks and more guns.
Also, there are more optimal torso onmipods - you don't need all the missile quirks.
That make this build, keeping the flavor of yours.

Personally, I'd change the MPLas for an heavy large.

#3 Matt85

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 10:55 AM

You are right on the torso's, this build originally used missiles and I forgot to change the ST's. Part of this build that I like so much is that it simply does not overheat and the lasers all have really fast burn times. My group often does "light mech hunts" and this is the mech I use. It was just recently discovered that it also "eats" assault mechs quite easily.

Both of your builds are a bit to hot for me. Something like this could work: bkl-d

But I'm not sure I want to give up the medium pulse, it has been too useful.

I changed the RT/LT to more useful ones and dropped a heat sink (I put 5 skill points in both cooling and max heat instead): bkl-d

Edited by Matt85, 05 June 2023 - 12:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users