#41 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 11 June 2023 - 04:49 AM

View PostTywren, on 11 June 2023 - 04:33 AM, said:

If I had to guess, they're collecting data for adding drop decks into QP in the future.

can be good, but it would be better to bring the faction points into the QP - then you can finally make progress with the ranks ... like now during the event

Edited by Al_Bundy, 11 June 2023 - 04:50 AM.

#42 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 June 2023 - 05:09 AM

Had a FP match on Friday where neither side were large groups. Kills remained close most of the match. With only 4 or 5 minutes left we were tied and then dropped down 5 kills, but with less than 2 minutes left, we managed to come back and secured the win in the final minute with +2 kills! Good match!

#43 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 07:35 AM

Thank´s for another FP event. I hope you get some good data from it for the future.

Keep up the good work Daeron.

#44 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 June 2023 - 10:46 AM

View PostTywren, on 11 June 2023 - 03:40 AM, said:

Let me sum up faction play...

"Faction Play: Less fun than repeatedly slamming your **** in a car door!"

The only thing that's going to change this is making it so that groups only face other groups, and solos face solos, full stop.

P.S. I'm far more interested in finding out what this month's "grind for it" mech is.

Hey FP is fun! Fun because of the challenge to defeat opponents you know far superior than you!
And this event were fun again (but only QP modes with decks?!).

+ note that most players think FP is like QP but it is NOT! They then wail like a banshee they were clubbed\farmed\touched by evil 36-men premade ultra-brutal meta-battalions...
Learn the difference in the first 2-3 matches then you would like FP to after have some rough clue what to do!
Like Siege maps with those choke-points! It's not magic just tricky and need some special approach (no, not Leeroy Jenkins)...

#45 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 11:44 AM

Hey, another FP Event, great, THX for that.
And then we have Gamemode Skirmish and Assault, no Siege??
FP Event with QP Gamemodes, is there something in the Water over there in Canada?

#46 Evvo

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 11:49 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 09 June 2023 - 03:58 PM, said:

Next weekend all cockpit items will be on sale.

Yes.

[color=#959595]Great! There's also people that would love patterns, colors, bolt-ons and warhorns and maybe even decals on sale. Can't remember the last time any of these has been on sale, and i hope they will be included more every now and then. :)[/color]

#47 -K H A N

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 01:12 PM

Total garbage event. No siege ? So FP is just 4 drop quick play. Its a stupid idea.Really really really dumb.

#48 Mkoll666

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 04:29 PM

faction play sucks *** but more importantly where is the freee mech of this month???? it is the 12th already!

Edited by Mkoll666, 12 June 2023 - 01:55 AM.

#49 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 08:34 PM

View PostMkoll666, on 11 June 2023 - 04:29 PM, said:

faction play sucks *** but more importantly where is the freee mech of this month???? it is the 132th already!

This! So much this!

I get that you're trying to unf**k FP (good luck with that, you're gonna need it), and one day you'll mine enough data to figure that out, but right now, today, I'm much more interested in the grind needed for the free mech of the month.

#50 oligodeoxyhexosulose

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 09:09 PM

Nice work PGI. This event is very appreciated and having faction drops during oceanic afternoons is awesome. Solo dropped about 7 matches and with a small group of 2-3 for another 5 matches. Mostly close games, some wins, some losses, some epic turnarounds only two stomps where the kill difference was larger than 16.

Not sure why people think having friends in the game grants automatic buffs to your mechs. As a solo dropper, on a side of mixed and untagged, we beat two different 8/9 man teams and they were very fun exciting matches.

Posted Image

As an aside. If you're going to LRM from spawn or snipe from spawn, the enemy is going to push into your spawn. Funny watching the LRM players complain that we're spawn camping. Yea, we'll totally wait outside within LRM range and not fight back against the LRMs at all. We're in your dropzone because we like getting killed by dropships every 30 seconds.

Edited by oligodeoxyhexosulose, 11 June 2023 - 09:17 PM.

#51 Mkoll666

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 02:01 AM

View PostTywren, on 11 June 2023 - 08:34 PM, said:

This! So much this!

I get that you're trying to unf**k FP (good luck with that, you're gonna need it), and one day you'll mine enough data to figure that out, but right now, today, I'm much more interested in the grind needed for the free mech of the month.

Jeah it is so tedious as well. game is over when the first team gets 12 kills basically after that it is basically already decided.
I won all my 5 needed matches for the rewards and the rewards are good (faction play rewards suck tho) and I still did not have fun. Even Scouting is more fun than this.

#52 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 06:09 AM

Played a dozen or so FP matches over the weekend and on the whole, it was a very enjoyable experience.

The first game I was grouped with the ROFL-stomp crew and, despite, the win, it was the least enjoyable by far.

Otherwise, I found the games to be balanced, well natured and a route to a few 'free' mech-bays through repeatedly shifting loyalty. Two of the games were 'tied' which I found strangely pleasing in that there were no losers in a tight and competitive match.

Event rewards were appreciated (though a little underwhelming if truth be told). Though being able to acheive them in a handful of games took away the feeling of needing to 'grind'.

All Systems Nominal......Over-ride engaged.

Z.

#53 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 07:19 AM

View PostEvvo, on 11 June 2023 - 11:49 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Great! There's also people that would love patterns, colors, bolt-ons and warhorns and maybe even decals on sale. Can't remember the last time any of these has been on sale, and i hope they will be included more every now and then. :)[/color]

Seriously, a pick-a-palette sale would be awesome. Bundle an unlockable pattern choice with a mech pack from complete collections sales. Decal/pattern packs. The spring packs for colors and the Halloween bundles that came with unlockable Phranken and some colors were great.

#54 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 June 2023 - 08:04 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 09 June 2023 - 03:58 PM, said:

Next weekend all cockpit items will be on sale.

That should come with an MC sale. Trust me on this. :D

#55 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 60 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 12 June 2023 - 07:04 PM

I have an idea for the coordinators, take or leave at your pleasure.

These events have sales on certain items.
Might the following, during a Faction Play event such as the current one, have a half-off the MC sale on faction-specific cockpit items and camo-spec items which are faction-related: faction flag bolt-ons, faction camo patterns, faction-specific colors & decals?

And maybe even quirks to c-bills, xp, loyalty points, etc, for mechs entering the faction play drops sporting warhorns specific to either their own faction if loyalist or that of the contesting faction if non-loyalist, and externally-visible items specific to loyalists' or contesting factions - bolt-on flags and decals.

For the objective of incentivizing mechwarriors to let their factional freak flags fly!Posted Image

Edited by Elfcat, 12 June 2023 - 07:04 PM.

#56 Vijon

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 02:29 AM

View PostP H O T O N, on 09 June 2023 - 10:22 AM, said:

No. No. And no. Just jump in and play! Have fun.

If fun is waiting so long for a game, then getting stomped and waiting to drop just to be instantly killed and not even getting credit for the event, yeah, jump in.

View Postoligodeoxyhexosulose, on 11 June 2023 - 09:09 PM, said:

Yea, we'll totally wait outside within LRM range and not fight back against the LRMs at all. We're in your dropzone because we like getting killed by dropships every 30 seconds.

No they don't, even a light can survive a dropship attack.

#57 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 08:38 AM

Can someone tell me where the red missiles come from? Or is this just some artsy fun?

#58 -Parrot Gaming-

Rookie

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the FP event! This was a fun time and I'm looking forward to the Devs planned FP adjustments.

#59 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 13 June 2023 - 06:39 PM

View PostMkoll666, on 11 June 2023 - 04:29 PM, said:

faction play sucks *** but more importantly where is the freee mech of this month???? it is the 12th already!

not to call people out but in my opinion this is a lackluster attitude that amounts to "thanx for trying but meh where is my free sh.t" and it doesn't offer much to work with.

i might remark as someone mentioned above that i missed siege this weekend but the full queues and many fresh faces i met in faction were easily compensation.
i imagine it was an excellent way to introduce many players to the ins and outs of loyalties to house or clan, the subtleties in differences in dropdecks between the two, the basic ebb and flow that comes as a result of needing to at least work as a team, if not a unit, the luxury of being able to choose your mechs after you have seen the map, and perhaps even notice some of the other benefits faction holds over quickplay.
i look forward to seeing more players more regularly in faction and i eagerly anticipate future events, thankyou PGI and MWO community.

*i wont cry about getting less free stuff than normal as i admit i haven't coined in over a month to support the game.

#60 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 13 June 2023 - 06:42 PM

View PostElfcat, on 12 June 2023 - 07:04 PM, said:

I have an idea for the coordinators, take or leave at your pleasure.

These events have sales on certain items.
Might the following, during a Faction Play event such as the current one, have a half-off the MC sale on faction-specific cockpit items and camo-spec items which are faction-related: faction flag bolt-ons, faction camo patterns, faction-specific colors & decals?

And maybe even quirks to c-bills, xp, loyalty points, etc, for mechs entering the faction play drops sporting warhorns specific to either their own faction if loyalist or that of the contesting faction if non-loyalist, and externally-visible items specific to loyalists' or contesting factions - bolt-on flags and decals.

For the objective of incentivizing mechwarriors to let their factional freak flags fly!Posted Image

maybe a weekend of x10,000% LP would do the trick...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users