Uacs Feel Way Too Punishing

46 replies to this topic

#1 Baron Kit

• PipPip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 03:47 AM

I find myself constantly frustrated with UAC (not really uac 2 or 20s) jamming and in general just losing out to laser vomit builds, I feel like they weigh too much and are way too hot, ammo weighs too much too. Where as lasers can pull out 70 point alphas pinpoint with long range and they weigh almost nothing.

IDK maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am because I rarely see UAC boats anymore.

Edited by Baron Kit, 15 June 2023 - 03:55 AM.

#2 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 June 2023 - 04:42 AM

yeah i feel you on that. i never use UACs unless the mech has a Jam Chance quirk. then again rn-jesus hates my *** so i get jammed up on the first trigger pull half the time. sadly i have never been "saved" by an enemy jamming up it seems. though its hard to tell in the heat of battle.

the pinpoint sniper meta has been a problem for a while now though and laser vomit especially clan is more cancerous than any LRM boat.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:07 AM

You need adr-cn or um-k9... fine dakka mechs both of them.

#4 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:16 AM

exactly, unless a mech has UAC jam quirks it isn't worth bringing them on a mech.

(as much as i love the Urbie, its the only light i play, i haven't been able to find a build for the K9 that works well for me)

#5 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:17 AM

View PostBaron Kit, on 15 June 2023 - 03:47 AM, said:

I find myself constantly frustrated with UAC (not really uac 2 or 20s) jamming and in general just losing out to laser vomit builds, I feel like they weigh too much and are way too hot, ammo weighs too much too. Where as lasers can pull out 70 point alphas pinpoint with long range and they weigh almost nothing.

IDK maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am because I rarely see UAC boats anymore.

My point is:
1 - UACs are good at pushing and a bit worse at poking compared to lasers. Since there is more poking than rotating, UACs lost in power
2 - Mechs became cooler. I dunno what exactly happened, was away for 2 years. 4 years ago I remeber a build from metamechs - 3*cERLL Stromcrow, it was pretty hot. Now I can run 4cERLL on Stromcrow and it is quite cold. Same with others, like HBR with 6*cMPL is stupidly cold now. Hence modern laserboats are more powerful.
3 - UACs are pretty hot and jam as hell. They require solid jam quirks. I can't say they were buffed in the past years.

However they are still not bad. Good range, nice burst and sustained DPS.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,992 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:36 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 15 June 2023 - 04:42 AM, said:

yeah i feel you on that. i never use UACs unless the mech has a Jam Chance quirk. then again rn-jesus hates my *** so i get jammed up on the first trigger pull half the time. sadly i have never been "saved" by an enemy jamming up it seems. though its hard to tell in the heat of battle.

the pinpoint sniper meta has been a problem for a while now though and laser vomit especially clan is more cancerous than any LRM boat.
yeah i tend to stick with the c-ac's which fire one less pellet I do wish the clan uac5 only fired one shot instead of burst.... the 10 and 20 are fine.... but yeah i don't use Uac's on mechs with no quirks for their jam unless i don't have the extra space to us C-ac's ,which are the same size as clan LBX.

Edited by KursedVixen, 15 June 2023 - 05:37 AM.

#7 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,128 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:07 AM

IS UACs aren't usually too bad aside from maybe the 20 class

CUACs above 5 absolutely suck eggs on jams

#8 Baron Kit

• PipPip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:23 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 June 2023 - 06:07 AM, said:

I do agree IS is relatively fine, it just feels so lame with how pinpoint all the dmg is and clan UACs have so much going against them.

#9 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,128 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:46 AM

View PostBaron Kit, on 15 June 2023 - 06:23 AM, said:

I do agree IS is relatively fine, it just feels so lame with how pinpoint all the dmg is and clan UACs have so much going against them.

IS UAC10 and 20 have multiple pellets as well, it's only 2 and 5 that are single pellets

#10 Matt85

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 03:40 PM

I haven't had any luck using them myself, but few things scare me more than a red team player who is skilled with UAC's! I've been up against players with a bunch of of UAC's that wouldn't jam and my screen was so full of explosions that I was completely completely blind!

#11 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 03:55 PM

UACs with quirks or when boated can do great DPS and will beat laservom when pushing and forcing a sustained fight. But yeah, laservom is much easier to play and generally outperforms since often you cannot get the opportunity to push well (and its harder to get a push working than to just poke with lasers.)

There are some UAC setups that are more about burst fire than dps which are comparable to laservom though. Like the 2UAC10+ERPPC Ebon Jag is doing 55dmg alpha. That's less than the ~63 it'll do with laservom, but then it can keep firing the UACs for more dps.

Or there's the 2UAC10+Lasers death strike which is similar but bigger.

But generally yeah, Laservom is very strong and easy. UACs are tougher to play for very little advantage.

#12 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,128 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 04:20 PM

Think I'm going to try Deathstrike with UAC20+10 and lazors

will probably be nuclear hot but dakka uber alles

#13 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 04:22 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 June 2023 - 04:20 PM, said:

Think I'm going to try Deathstrike with UAC20+10 and lazors

will probably be nuclear hot but dakka uber alles

Its already nuclear hot with the usual 2UAC10+2HLL+4ERML but good luck Posted Image

#14 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 04:48 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 June 2023 - 06:07 AM, said:

I mean, it sucks when you jam, yeah, but if cUACs weren't strictly worse than CACs for DPS there'd never be any reason at all to use the latter, since frontloading your damage is just way too powerful.

There's a bunch of solid cUAC machines out there. I think my personal fav is the Scorch, which I've got kitted out slightly unconventionally with twin UAC/10s instead of the more usual /20 fit. Prefer the reach.

#15 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,128 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 04:52 PM

the RNG factor with UACs is ****** tbh but all other proposals for reworking them into less RNG and more of a burst weapon have gotten nowhere

UAC20+10 with the HLLs is stupid hot, ERMLs is workable but why are these arms so far apart jfc

Edited by the check engine light, 15 June 2023 - 06:09 PM.

#16 Baron Kit

• PipPip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 10:49 PM

I think they need to weigh less and cause less heat and all above 2 need to give more ammo with the skills, MAYBE A SLIGHT BUMP to dmg ( not UAC 20s) as if you jam a laser can alpha twice which in most cases is the same as you Quad tapping,

MAYBE JUST MAYBE link their HSL with some sort of lasers so you are rewarded for boating them and not mixing. (IDK JUST KINDA THINKING)

#17 Baron Kit

• PipPip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 10:54 PM

Or just give the MCII-B and the Moonwalker jam chance and jam duration quriks :3

#18 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 11:14 PM

View PostBaron Kit, on 15 June 2023 - 10:54 PM, said:

Or just give the MCII-B and the Moonwalker jam chance and jam duration quriks :3

Both those mechs are already incredibly good and boat enough weapons that its very share to be fully jammed. They don't need anything extra in the UAC department.

#19 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 11:20 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 June 2023 - 04:52 PM, said:

the RNG factor with UACs is ****** tbh but all other proposals for reworking them into less RNG and more of a burst weapon have gotten nowhere

UAC20+10 with the HLLs is stupid hot, ERMLs is workable but why are these arms so far apart jfc

You talking about the Scorch here, or something else? 'cause the Scorch build I use is 4x SRM6A and 2x UAC/10s, no lasers.

cUAC10s with their 620m skilled range are a really useful tool to have in my view, even if you're trading off the raw brawl power of the LBX20 build.

#20 Baron Kit

• PipPip
  • The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 12:03 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 15 June 2023 - 11:14 PM, said:

Both those mechs are already incredibly good and boat enough weapons that its very share to be fully jammed. They don't need anything extra in the UAC department.

Imma be real I rarely see them and when I do they are dead so fast it doesnt matter, their arms fall off in two laser vomits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users