The New Lgd Mechs Are Doa!

25 replies to this topic

#21 FinalPandemic

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 02:09 PM

Really disappointed in the Howl, It's a bit of a dumpster fire. ATM's are pretty bad most of the time anyway thanks for ECM on everything and terrible indirect fire so they just don't work in higher tiers where your opponent knows how to avoid them. To me it's like the charger with the bonuses to small lasers, the quirks may as well be +3% reversing speed. Let's see that range bonus apply to SRM's so they work more like an MRM launcher and it would be fun to play without being over the top.

#22 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 02:14 PM

View PostFinalPandemic, on 24 June 2023 - 02:09 PM, said:

Really disappointed in the Howl, It's a bit of a dumpster fire. ATM's are pretty bad most of the time anyway thanks for ECM on everything and terrible indirect fire so they just don't work in higher tiers where your opponent knows how to avoid them. To me it's like the charger with the bonuses to small lasers, the quirks may as well be +3% reversing speed. Let's see that range bonus apply to SRM's so they work more like an MRM launcher and it would be fun to play without being over the top.

I honestly think this is a good reminder that ATMs need looking at. LRMs and Streaks too, possibly, they're all pretty miserable to play and it's largely because the lockon system has no middle ground between "oppressive ********" and "turbosuck". Not personally hugely invested in those weapons but my god they're dreadfully boring and unfun and they shouldn't be.

#23 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:29 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 June 2023 - 01:14 PM, said:

By the way, does anyone have a preview of the new warhorns from both of them?

Desperada Warhorn:

Absolutely DYING.

Also, after you get heatgen/coolrun and double coolshots Desperada's stock weapons really start to shine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The arm ballistic definitely takes getting used to, but with XL280+DHS, 2 JJ, 2t Gauss ammo it's very workable and fun.

Also, we srs bsns now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by the check engine light, 24 June 2023 - 07:09 PM.

#24 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:38 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 24 June 2023 - 04:29 PM, said:

Desperada Warhorn:

Absolutely DYING.

Also, after you get heatgen/coolrun and double coolshots Desperada's stock weapons really start to shine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The arm ballistic definitely takes getting used to, but with XL280+DHS, 2 JJ, 2t Gauss ammo it's very workable and fun.

Also, we srs bsns now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I

Absolutely love this. Yeah, this has to be on my list of mechs to get when I have $$$ again.

#25 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 06:03 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 25 June 2023 - 05:38 AM, said:

I

Absolutely love this. Yeah, this has to be on my list of mechs to get when I have $$$ again.

note that the flags are separate decals (currently available for Cbills).

(On a separate note it's mildly frustrating how so many chassis are so "busy" in design it's difficult to find good places for decals)

Edited by the check engine light, 25 June 2023 - 06:07 AM.

#26 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 26 June 2023 - 12:55 PM

Don't own either yet, but running into the on the battlefield.

The Desparada seems a versatile, effective fighter and I definitely am fighting lots of them around; I might bite on one.

The Howl seems awful and I have been hammering them in quckplay. I was "jumped" up close by a pair of fresh ones recently, when I was alone in a dual gauss Thanatos (a crap brawler itself) and I killed them both and was still in decent fighting order. The Howl's extra missile range in a game so weighted against missiles is basically a trap for their pilots, and up close, four machineguns isn't keeping anyone off their back, its just not enough firepower. This thing is absolutely crying out for four heavy medium lasers instead of machineguns. It's a shame, I love Timby's, but missiles and ballistics is an awful combination if you want to have anything significant in the missile hardpoints. This thing seems like a bigger, more expensive Huginn to me.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 26 June 2023 - 01:02 PM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users