Netbattletech Is Gone Forever

3 replies to this topic

#1 OldAspPlayerYouDontKnow

• 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:35 PM

This is to the MechWarrior OG's. People who have been AROUND since like Netmech DOS days. Yo, our favorite league is GONE. All the EPIC battles, GONE.

I'm not talking MWO. Sure some people play shiney mech and pew pew and check the score afterwards. Cool man, whatever floats your boat.

However, I am talking NBT is GONE. Like, the REAL epic battles that occured 20 years ago, the raids for PLANETS, the IS factions and CLANS that formed, all that HISTORY is GONE. They even had STREAMS still up.

We LIVED it YO. We didn't climb into an arena and look for a HIGH SCORE. We took PLANETS and RAIDED other players. We studied maps and strategies. We FOUGHT the virtual Battletech battles. It wasn't about the high score at the end of a game, it was about the PLANET and the GLORY. It was about those epic matches that clutched a system.

NetBattleTech is GONE. TRAVESTY. Any old time player know what happened? The golden age has ended and this was like robbing a golden trophy.

It was up for like 20 years. Still had streams even. Anybody know what happened?

Edited by OldAspPlayerYouDontKnow, 28 June 2023 - 11:31 PM.

#2 OldAspPlayerYouDontKnow

• 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:52 PM

NBT is GONE!

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 June 2023 - 03:40 AM

sorry I don't know I wish I did

I purposely avoided online games back in those days

I even stopped playing PC games back in the 90's when my $65 Strike Eagle III game sucked

funny DCS just came out with the Strike Eagle 31 years after Strike Eagle III for $64

Edited by Davegt27, 29 June 2023 - 03:57 AM.

#4 OldAspPlayerYouDontKnow

• 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2023 - 08:07 AM

I mentioned NBT a few weeks ago on Discord. Went to the website for some nostalgia. Even watched a stream. Now POOF, it's GONE FOREVER. Something real fishy about this and I need some answers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users