Hero Mech Review --> Which Ones To Choose!

59 replies to this topic

#41 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:54 PM

that was a typo sorry about that. what i meant was more that 2 MRM-30 have no ghost heat unlike 2 MRM-40 (though you could do 2 MRM-40 i think on it you just have to worry about that ghost heat)

i edited the post for future reference

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 01 August 2023 - 03:54 PM.

#42 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:55 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 01 August 2023 - 03:54 PM, said:

that was a typo sorry about that. what i meant was more that 2 MRM-30 have no ghost heat unlike 2 MRM-40 (though you could do 2 MRM-40 i think on it you just have to worry about that ghost heat)

i edited the post for future reference

Oh. Okay.

#43 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:25 PM

Think I'd run that butterbee something like this - https://mwo.nav-alph...81b8a0b_CPLT-BB

Probably does run better with mrm's for most people, but I do run quite a lot of srm6(and artemis) on my builds so I'm pretty solid with that ranging and leading.

Like that Frenzy, even with out artemis has enough oomp to make guys think twice about poking back out or even staying put when you duck them around a corner.

#44 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:46 PM

yeah i don't like the short range play style myself. i like a bit of range to play with. i mean there are a few builds where i use say ER SLs as backups and MLs are a sort of go to backup weapon (i go with ERs if i have the heat to spare) the Snubs you have on that can at least still do some OK damage farther out than their max effective at least. never really used Artemis at all ever since they nerfed the absolute hell out of it a few years back (i used to use it a LOT on my LRM boats)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 01 August 2023 - 06:47 PM.

#45 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 03:13 AM

View PostKen Harkin, on 27 July 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

Yep, Marauder Bounty Hunter 2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I love my Marauders and the BH2 is a beast. Common builds are:

3ERLL, 3ERML, 1LG
6MPL, 1AC20, 1ERSL
2SPPC, 4ML, 1AC20

I'm very fond of the RAC5 with 6 MPL. It annoys me that I can't use one of the energy spots but the heat management is rough enough as it is.

#46 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 03:18 AM

View PostRockmachinE, on 29 July 2023 - 03:59 PM, said:

We all know that the only Sleipnir build is the Quad LB10X build. Honestly though that thing packs a punch.

I picked up the Slepnir but the LB10X build forces you to choose between speed and ammo. I think I'm going to have to go gauss.

#47 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 04:17 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 01 August 2023 - 06:46 PM, said:

yeah i don't like the short range play style myself. i like a bit of range to play with. i mean there are a few builds where i use say ER SLs as backups and MLs are a sort of go to backup weapon (i go with ERs if i have the heat to spare) the Snubs you have on that can at least still do some OK damage farther out than their max effective at least. never really used Artemis at all ever since they nerfed the absolute hell out of it a few years back (i used to use it a LOT on my LRM boats)

From my experience with SRMs, artemis still does noticeably better in probably 80-85% of your salvos, seems like they took the grouping off if you are leading targets so you miss a few missiles when popping jumping mechs or running lights.

Setting/maintaining good range still makes the most difference. I run both with and without, just depends on slot space and tonnage available.

#48 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:20 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 02 August 2023 - 03:18 AM, said:

I picked up the Slepnir but the LB10X build forces you to choose between speed and ammo. I think I'm going to have to go gauss.

I've run the Sleipnir with 3xLB10 and 3xML. You can then run a larger engine and have a little more firepower.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#49 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 02:22 PM

Well, the SNS Ambush is pretty handy with 4xC-LPL. Closest I ever got to Ace of Spades.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#50 Star Lit Night

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 04:58 PM

I mostly went with chassis I didn't already have examples of, i.e. got my first Cataphract and Shadowhawk! And/Or mechs with insane buffs.

I almost got La Machina for the insane buffs, but went with Wrath instead b/c ECM with same brawl build but slightly less dps, willing to trade a little DPS for the protection ECM gives while trying to get close enough... (2xSNPPC/AC20/MRM60) And Wrath has slightly better profile for hill peaking.

I'm definitely going to pick up La Machina next...

#51 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:00 AM

Gonna finish off my Catapult collection with a Butterbee. Undecided on the others, though I'm leaning towards the K9 for the light category.

#52 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 09:29 PM

The NSR Wolf Phoenix is a pretty good farmer with MRMs.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#53 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 12:23 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 03 August 2023 - 09:29 PM, said:

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Why no endo Posted Image

#54 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 02:11 PM

Curccu said:

1691180582[/url]' post='6504694']
Why no endo Posted Image

Don’t really need it for the build. I suppose adding it might get that fourth MRM 30 in there, plus a heat sink or two, might try it out but the mech is effective as is.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 04 August 2023 - 02:14 PM.

#55 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 04:32 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 04 August 2023 - 02:11 PM, said:

Don’t really need it for the build. I suppose adding it might get that fourth MRM 30 in there, plus a heat sink or two, might try it out but the mech is effective as is.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

nsr-wp Same as your original build but just better...
better alpha, dps and sustained dps with small extra price of CB.
Or nsr-wp again bit better.

#56 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:30 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 03 August 2023 - 09:29 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

LRM70, LPPC (&Tag) is also a good load. Use the LPPC knock out ECM, then make it rain. Easy to get 500+dmg nearly every match.

#57 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 August 2023 - 12:14 AM

View Postfoamyesque, on 03 August 2023 - 02:00 AM, said:

Gonna finish off my Catapult collection with a Butterbee. Undecided on the others, though I'm leaning towards the K9 for the light category.

the K-9 is an excellent choice, you can never go wrong with an Urbie. i run mine currently with 1 RAC/5 and 2 ER SLs (if i went with an XL engine i might be able to cram a few more ER SLs in there but i like it how it is.)

#58 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 736 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 01:31 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 05 August 2023 - 12:14 AM, said:

the K-9 is an excellent choice, you can never go wrong with an Urbie. i run mine currently with 1 RAC/5 and 2 ER SLs (if i went with an XL engine i might be able to cram a few more ER SLs in there but i like it how it is.)

I went with the K9, yeah. RAC5, 5x standard small lasers, XL180 engine. Bit shy on ammo -- I've thought about chopping a small for an extra half-ton -- but otherwise it works really effectively. Best performer of the heroes I've picked up in the event thus far, the others have been a Ghillie and the Butterbee. Still grinding for the assault, not sure what I'll pick for that b/c there's lots of interesting choices.

Edited by foamyesque, 05 August 2023 - 01:41 PM.

#59 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 09:22 PM

View PostCurccu, on 04 August 2023 - 04:32 PM, said:

nsr-wp Same as your original build but just better...
better alpha, dps and sustained dps with small extra price of CB.
Or nsr-wp again bit better.

Thanks Curccu, I’ll try those.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#60 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 05:02 AM

Think I'd run the wolf pheonix like this - https://mwo.nav-alph...85a54e66_NSR-WP

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users