3x CBill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

#2 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:04 PM

Waited a month and a half for event queue to come back for it to be only 2 days of class restricted cheese modes. What a waste.

#3 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:11 PM

View PostNyandere, on 12 July 2023 - 04:04 PM, said:

Waited a month and a half for event queue to come back for it to be only 2 days of class restricted cheese modes. What a waste.

Elaborate a little. There will be another 2-day Event Queue next midweek in between the this weekend's Faction Play event, and next weekend's Event Queue Solaris mode. Most Event Queue events are restricted.

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:12 PM

This could be a fun break from the usual grind.

I don't see a problem with a one-off event? There are others slated with more normal restricted setups. Weight class restrictions might make the Lights and Mediums events pretty fun, honestly. Lot of variation in Mediums.

Sometimes it's fun to just do crazy stuff.

Edited by the check engine light, 12 July 2023 - 04:14 PM.

#5 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:16 PM

Can we get an engine sale with this.

#6 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:18 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Elaborate a little...Most Event Queue events are restricted.

You have successfully identified why they suck.

#7 F i s s i o n

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the event. Please consider opening it up to allow for small groups of 2. Really fun to play these with a buddy if possible

#8 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:22 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 12 July 2023 - 04:16 PM, said:

Can we get an engine sale with this.

Added engines, weapons, and more.

#9 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:22 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Elaborate a little. There will be another 2-day Event Queue next midweek in between the this weekend's Faction Play event, and next weekend's Event Queue Solaris mode. Most Event Queue events are restricted.

Just having vanilla dropdecks is the most fun this game can be in my opinon, much more enjoyable than QP or FP. I'm just sad it's been so long since the last time we had that because it's so much fun. I'm just sad I waited so long for the next event queue only for it to be a game mode where people cheese and fly above the fog clouds and you can't bring a well rounded dropdeck.

Hearing there will be another one next week is really good news though. Sorry for complaining, I just waited so long and then saw it would be something I wouldn't enjoy much.

#10 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:28 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 July 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

That tends to be what makes them different from Quick Play and Faction Play. That being said, I do Event Queue events that are open to both factions and all weight classes, and that don't have "extreme" mutators. But when I do those events, I get asked by a people to do more events with those mutators. Then when I do that, I get people asking them to do them without. See where I'm going? Result is, I do both, and this time it's with.

View PostNyandere, on 12 July 2023 - 04:22 PM, said:

Just having vanilla dropdecks is the most fun this game can be in my opinon, much more enjoyable than QP or FP. I'm just sad it's been so long since the last time we had that because it's so much fun. I'm just sad I waited so long for the next event queue only for it to be a game mode where people cheese and fly above the fog clouds and you can't bring a well rounded dropdeck.

Hearing there will be another one next week is really good news though. Sorry for complaining, I just waited so long and then saw it would be something I wouldn't enjoy much.

I'll keep that in mind for next week's Event Queue.

#11 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:34 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:28 PM, said:

That tends to be what makes them different from Quick Play and Faction Play. That being said, I do Event Queue events that are open to both factions and all weight classes, and that don't have "extreme" mutators. But when I do those events, I get asked by a people to do more events with those mutators.

Exactly. And I'm one of those people who ask for special mutators. If you just do "quick play but with a different launch button" then there is no point to doing event queue at all. You guys said it yourselves, the point of EQ was to have a tool for these outlandish events. Keep it like it is, it's fine for the majority of players who want something different. Of course that won't get rid of the whining because the community is full of people like that. They play skirmish in every game mode and then they cry when they lose to the gamemode rules...

Edited by PraetorGix, 12 July 2023 - 04:35 PM.

#12 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:34 PM

That tends to be what makes them different from Quick Play and Faction Play. That being said, I do Event Queue events that are open to both factions and all weight classes, and that don't have "extreme" mutators. But when I do those events, I get asked by a people to do more events with those mutators. Then when I do that, I get people asking them to do them without. See where I'm going? Result is, I do both, and this time it's with.

It's nice to have both.

Ideal world would be 2 event queues a month, one fp event, one solaris. I think that's what Magic Pain Glove has been asking for. The event queues could alternate between gimmick and standard back and forth and let people focus on what they enjoy most and put their time into the ones that sound most fun to them, or you could have one more gimmicks and one more standard.

#13 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:37 PM

View PostNyandere, on 12 July 2023 - 04:34 PM, said:

It's nice to have both.

Ideal world would be 2 event queues a month, one fp event, one solaris. I think that's what Magic Pain Glove has been asking for. The event queues could alternate between gimmick and standard back and forth and let people focus on what they enjoy most and put their time into the ones that sound most fun to them, or you could have one more gimmicks and one more standard.

I will endeavor to make this happen each month.

#14 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 12 July 2023 - 04:41 PM

Very nice! Thanks Daeron. By any chance could we get the Camo Patterns on sale again…maybe not just One Shots but Unlocks too?

Edited by W A R L O R D, 12 July 2023 - 04:42 PM.

#15 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 05:04 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 12 July 2023 - 04:37 PM, said:

I will endeavor to make this happen each month.

That would be amazing

#16 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 05:08 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 July 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

All the things you say make it suck, truly makes it great. Have fun with cheese, or don't. There's always QP.

#17 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 05:12 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 12 July 2023 - 05:08 PM, said:

All the things you say make it suck, truly makes it great. Have fun with cheese, or don't. There's always QP.

With things like the Stone Rhino drop and the LGD stuff, lots of EQ stuff catering to various tastes could be a good shot in the arm for player numbers.

#18 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 12 July 2023 - 05:23 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 12 July 2023 - 05:08 PM, said:

I stay out of the toxic cesspool of quick play as much as possible. Community Warfare for the win.

#19 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2023 - 06:41 PM

Sweet. Was wondering what event or queue might pop. Great move, but unfortunately no groups so I won't play it. Love that you guys keep it going and going and haven't stopped, but at least allow groups of 2 or 3 or something. The events, the rewards, the loot bags, the legends with the battlepass, all makes that same old grind have new life in it though so hard to complain. Thank you!

Edited by CwStrife, 12 July 2023 - 07:43 PM.

#20 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:43 PM

From experience the forum is a very different beast to the game population.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users