6 replies to this topic

#1 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 20 July 2023 - 01:23 PM

Lately I have had a issue were sometimes as I load into the server the screen goes black and nothing happens - eventually I am dumped back into the lobby and I get a message Disconnected from server. Nothing I try will let me back in but I can take another mech into a different server. Any ideas?

#2 Super Waffle House

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 01:56 PM

Getting the same thing. Really sucks as I just got a new Cinder from the beach party, and in 3 of 5 matches with it so far I've been disconnected.

#3 Havsra

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 01:57 PM

I am having this same exact problem, it happened a couple times now (i haven't had this issue until it started happening about a week ago or so) And of course I am getting penalized. No matter how many times i try to rejoin, I am booted back to the mechlab

#4 Cold Soul

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustralia [East coast]

Posted 22 July 2023 - 12:44 AM

If you are on the American server de select oceanic and you will be good, this has been going on for over a week now, what is going on PGI?

#5 Circadian Skates

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 06:43 AM

Just started having this problem over last few days. I do see that I recently downloaded an update - wondering if it could be linked to this.

Have been playing MWO for several years and it is usually a very stable platform - I have never encountered this problem previously. It is currently happening several times a day (and is killing my skill and generating matchmaking time penalties!).

Would appreciate any and all assistance on how best to resolve.

#6 Bremman

Rookie

• The Pirate
  • The Pirate
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 11:18 PM

I recently started replaying and I am having this issue on a fresh install. I also have a friend that is having this issue. My friend cannot even play, they get disconnected on every match. I am maybe 1/4 matches disconnected on map load.

Any advice would be mucho appreciated.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,737 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 August 2023 - 09:13 AM

Depending on several factors, one can be disconnected from either the game server itself, and/or from the authentication server (constant connection)
  • Are either of you installed 3rd party sound mods?
  • Check if you had any recent Windows updates, which has the potential of causing issues. Might test by performing a rollback.
  • Power Options - Set to High Performance
  • Wired or Wireless or a combination?
  • Make/Model of Router and Modem/Gateway?
  • Review the software security setup of the above. Test by turning off the SPI setup, which can be called several different things nowadays (not hardware NAT), could turn temporarily close a port cause it believes it is under DNS attack due to packets being held up then released at once.
  • General location (state/country)?
  • ISP? And does it include telephony?
  • Change your DNS server from your ISP to Google or such - ISP-supplied DNS servers can be slow, or not properly configured for caching, thus effectively slow your connection enough that MWO servers registers as a disconnect
  • Perform a DNS Flush https://mwomercs.com...ectivity-issue/
  • Unplug Modem and Router for approx 30 secs before plugging them back in
  • If all wired, double check that the coaxial cable is tighten firmly at all points of contact
  • Utilize a VPN to test. The pathway from your ISP to the authentication and/or game servers may have problematic router servers along the way. A VPN can help by rerouting that pathway.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users