#21 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 26 July 2023 - 11:14 AM

I've Wishlisted on Steam already, and now also wishlisted on Epic! <3

As mentioned above, I'm also interested in knowing how AI will be improved, without the help of Mods,
And the additionnal mechs, missions, etc.

Thanks and looking forward to the eventual Clans introduction Posted Image

Cheers,

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 10 September 2023 - 11:38 AM.

#22 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 05:21 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 26 July 2023 - 10:46 AM, said:

I am a bit confused with wording in this announcement . Mentioning that friendly fire is enabled of all things , and that would only matter if you were fighting other players ( and not NPCs?) + mixed teams ? So is this PVP or ?

I believe it's phrased this way because it's a free-for-all mode with single unit teams. So your coop friends would be on other teams, hence no friendly fire and why it's in instant action only. The other version is multiple teams, but more than one unit per team.

#23 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 05:58 AM

I think I'll pass on this one, nothing too exciting. One mech and more RNG generated missions, nah...

To be honest, I found that at least 30% of MW5 was done by modders, not by devs. Decent AI, good music, nice-looking effects, better lighting, better Mechlab and better balance, alongside many weapons and equipment missing in the original, infrared vision and a decent night vision, the whole VR support...

The vanilla game is barely playable without the mods. The AI is still on the dumb side, visuals are underwhelming (especially after degrading them for the sake of the console port), music is so cringeworthy it sounds like it was done by a teenager banging on an electric guitar for the first time, weapon velocities are so low by default it reminds you of flying bullets in Mario games, Mechlab is bare even when compared to other Battletech games, and many game elements are repeating ad nauseam (seriously, is there a mod to permanently make Rihanna shut up?). Even the supposedly hand-crafted missions from DLCs are not really different to the generated ones, and those are not really engaging.

Having said that, the core of the Battletech is there, lying under all those issues. It could have been a great game...

#24 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 01:22 PM

View Postnopempele, on 29 July 2023 - 05:58 AM, said:

and many game elements are repeating ad nauseam (seriously, is there a mod to permanently make Rihanna shut up?).

Wait...

WHUT ?!?! Posted ImagePosted Image

What the hell is she doing in a MechWarrior related game ?!?! Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:50 PM

Wow Guys for having the guts - you really release the DLC in the same month that Starfield is said to release?

Well, it is late enough in the month that discretionry money may be replenished by then to buy the DLC. but man, what a bold move!

Still not on GOG?

#26 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 08:38 AM

Wow, didn't expect another one. I will definitely get this DLC too.
There is never too much BattleTech or Masters of the Universe! :-)

Longbow looks deadly. As always, great design!

#27 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:53 PM

The problem with Ryana is just ...her in mission dialogue for nonscripted missions is so repetitive. Her dialogue elsewhere is fine.

#28 scortha

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:26 PM

wishlisted on steam

#29 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:13 PM

Wow, Phantom Liberty releases 2 days b4 Dragons Gambit, man my Backlog grows again...

#30 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 October 2023 - 05:30 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 03 August 2023 - 03:53 PM, said:

The problem with Ryana is just ...her in mission dialogue for nonscripted missions is so repetitive. Her dialogue elsewhere is fine.

And just as mind numbingly useless as Darius?

#31 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 11:51 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 October 2023 - 05:30 PM, said:

And just as mind numbingly useless as Darius?

I don't think I have experienced him but I doubt he would be as irritating as Fahad. I'm sorry but everything Fahad says or does is nails on chalkboard. Fahad sounds like the relative MW3's Alan Mattila refuses to talk about.

Contrast to the MFB commander from MW3 or Castle from MW4M. I really liked them.

#32 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2023 - 06:12 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 16 October 2023 - 11:51 AM, said:

I don't think I have experienced him but I doubt he would be as irritating as Fahad. I'm sorry but everything Fahad says or does is nails on chalkboard. Fahad sounds like the relative MW3's Alan Mattila refuses to talk about.

Contrast to the MFB commander from MW3 or Castle from MW4M. I really liked them.

He performs the same role as Ryana, except in HBS Battletech. He has some classic lines such as "I've picked up some reinforcements on sensors", AFTER you get shot by them (never before, only after), or the ever-popular "this looks like a good place for an ambush. Watch out, commander".

Oh, the MFB commander from MW3 is hands-down the best mission commander I've ever run across in a battletech game, and probably one of the best voice actors they've ever hired.

I'll agree, though: the MW4: Mercs cast was really good, too. The MW4: Vengeance cast felt a little bit forced, though. They needed a couple more acting lessons before re-recording their lines. Maybe something about being on video messed up their presentation.

Come to think of it: Vengeance was the only MechWarrior game with live-action video, so yeah: I'm thinking that live-action vs mere voice-acting is a large part of the lackluster performance. (The MechCommander acting wasn't bad, though. Just Vengeance).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 16 October 2023 - 06:13 PM.

#33 Svarog_

• Pip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSiberia

Posted 22 October 2023 - 04:48 AM

Has anyone faced with such problem: Mech UNDER concrete in 1st mission of gambit.. Couple of reloads isn't solve this problem - wh still under concrete anytime Posted Image
bugs right in 1st mission - cool!

Edited by Svarog_, 22 October 2023 - 04:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users