120 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 08:01 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 27 July 2023 - 05:50 PM, said:

Its scale is very fucky and it really should be revisited, possibly clean up that goofy "mech pinball" crap and if a JJ mech being up so damn high is that much of a problem just wall off the highest crap I guess. (I'd rather you didn't, it's nice to have a good reason to take a full complement of JJs, but ERLL MLX ******** comes to mind.)

already created a post in map feedback.

#42 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 27 July 2023 - 10:19 PM

Too many walking assaults with high alfa, without AMS.

By the way, thats why LRM were need in this game - to support balance.
And dont forget lights too.

Posted Image

#43 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 July 2023 - 06:21 AM

I am not complaining its glorious atm.

#44 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 28 July 2023 - 06:42 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 July 2023 - 06:20 PM, said:

You wanted assaults you got assaults.Light mech "_____" OP! Must nerf light mech "___!" I've been campaigning for more/better lights since beta but now you can keep adding more assaults and power creep. How many years did I have to beg for the kgc to fire both ac 20s with no ghost heat while the dhgy fnr ruled?

Since 2016 I've called for all 35ts to go back to their original size before and after the 20ts came in and took over the weight class. One light mech pilot can't fix the whole dam class when all you want are "moar assults! Nerf lights!"

I do really hate how big 30, 35, 40 and 45 tonners are.

Hell the 45 ton Pheonix Hawk is taller than the King Crab vertically.

How the Hell does that make any sense? And the Shadow Hawk is mistakable for a Grasshopper and is as tall as a Mauler.

#45 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 08:41 AM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 28 July 2023 - 06:42 AM, said:

How the Hell does that make any sense? And the Shadow Hawk is mistakable for a Grasshopper and is as tall as a Mauler.

What kills me about the SHD is how its high mount in LT is theoretically awesome for hill peeking except it needs a bloody mountain to do it. Griffin and Wolvie are even worse off.

Edited by the check engine light, 28 July 2023 - 08:43 AM.

#46 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 08:45 AM

Definitely a different feel with so many expensive assaults on the field.

Nice to see guys enjoying their purchases but I do hope the defensive play goes away soon.

Dropping on quickplay teams spend most of their time trying to hide behind each other in some kind of reverse-deathball situation is not cool; watching five Stone Rhino's do it with each other is just sad....

Edited by An6ryMan69, 28 July 2023 - 08:46 AM.

#47 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 08:50 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 28 July 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

Definitely a different feel with so many expensive assaults on the field.

Nice to see guys enjoying their purchases but I do hope the defensive play goes away soon.

Dropping on quickplay teams spend most of their time trying to hide behind each other in some kind of reverse-deathball situation is not cool; watching five Stone Rhino's do it with each other is just sad....

Seriously it's like every one of them that isn't a Koloss is trying to hide under each others' skirts. Koloss drivers just tend to say "**** it, I'll charge you and I will absolutely win that fight" because all that SRM and ballistics tends to scrub things off the field.

#48 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 10:22 AM

The one thing I'm worried about is that this might drive away players who haven't bought these packs and non assault and lower tier players also. Short term it might be "glorious", but this might hurt MWO in the long term and hemorrhage the playerbase even more.

Sh*it I've been at it for 10 years, I can build assaults that keep up with this situation, but its already very unattractive to play and frustrating. I haven't played since I got my beach party award mechs, this was my only incentive to play during the freaking Rhynocalypse.

We can't afford to do the standard: release super op mech -> nerf super op mech procedure any more. I'm not saying this will happen, but it might hurt MWO and that's sad enough.

#49 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 28 July 2023 - 10:38 AM

i am suprised i am not seeing more Heavy mg craels out there those things should be ripping the back out of them rhinos (of couse if they can get close enough)

#50 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 10:44 AM

View PostSafeScanner, on 28 July 2023 - 10:38 AM, said:

i am suprised i am not seeing more Heavy mg craels out there those things should be ripping the back out of them rhinos (of couse if they can get close enough)

Yeah that's the important part and getting close to a Koloss is suicidal, you may or may not be able to get the jump on the others. Quad LB20X GZ, you better not get in that frontal arc.

Edited by the check engine light, 28 July 2023 - 10:46 AM.

#51 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 28 July 2023 - 11:01 AM

Its the masc making it suicidal too much agility for 100T

#52 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 July 2023 - 08:10 AM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 28 July 2023 - 06:42 AM, said:

Glad you agree that Lights should not be bigger. PGI really ***** up when they **** up. It's their proven track record of "balance" in the game. When I was active in comp play the unit and I always joked on patch day it wasn't what pgi fixed but how much and what they broke on patch day. We called it "breaking mwo day." We'd always have quite a few members unable to play due to issues that day. The unit went from around 60 down to just the core group of six then we disbanded over time. 2012-2016 were the golden years for the game before pgi gave up active development and trying to give a dam about the game.

I was right the 35ts were made bigger mostly to sell the 20ts and pgi hasn't done a dam thing about it for almost seven years now so them ever reverting the size is just a myth.

#53 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 08:38 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 30 July 2023 - 08:10 AM, said:

Glad you agree that Lights should not be bigger. PGI really ***** up when they **** up. It's their proven track record of "balance" in the game. When I was active in comp play the unit and I always joked on patch day it wasn't what pgi fixed but how much and what they broke on patch day. We called it "breaking mwo day." We'd always have quite a few members unable to play due to issues that day. The unit went from around 60 down to just the core group of six then we disbanded over time. 2012-2016 were the golden years for the game before pgi gave up active development and trying to give a dam about the game.

I was right the 35ts were made bigger mostly to sell the 20ts and pgi hasn't done a dam thing about it for almost seven years now so them ever reverting the size is just a myth.

You really have three options: go balls to the wall on mastering these things and accept that you could probably do even better with another mech, stop playing them entirely, or just continue with them as is and hope the metrics for the chasses prompt changes.

#54 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 30 July 2023 - 09:29 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 July 2023 - 05:14 PM, said:

I basically feel like I'm sandbagging if I run Med or Light.

Good, that's the way you should feel.

#55 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:01 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 30 July 2023 - 08:38 AM, said:

You really have three options: go balls to the wall on mastering these things and accept that you could probably do even better with another mech, stop playing them entirely, or just continue with them as is and hope the metrics for the chasses prompt changes.

Why the **** should I stop using a class I like? The assault class can go suck it and get better at killing lights. All the fire power but no balls or brains to go with it. I can do more with a light than the vast majority of assault pilots can and I don't even have a third of the fire power. Such a pitty this game only rewards the damage as its only winning metric. Guess I need a three digit damage mutipile kill score screen shot to make sense to these fools.

PGI can't even put out one one new light mech yet here comes new assaults and heavies with more power creep and pay to win bs. Too dam busy with their "development" of more dlc for mw5 to do anything here but keep using it to pay for more mw5 dlc. They should being back transverse while they're at it.

#56 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:02 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 30 July 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Good, that's the way you should feel.

This is not tabletop or a novel a MMO needs at least a semblance of balance.

Edited by RockmachinE, 30 July 2023 - 11:02 AM.

#57 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:05 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 30 July 2023 - 11:01 AM, said:

Why the **** should I stop using a class I like? The assault class can go suck it and get better at killing lights. All the fire power but no balls or brains to go with it. I can do more with a light than the vast majority of assault pilots can and I don't even have a third of the fire power. Such a pitty this game only rewards the damage as its only winning metric. Guess I need a three digit damage mutipile kill score screen shot to make sense to these fools.

PGI can't even put out one one new light mech yet here comes new assaults and heavies with more power creep and pay to win bs. Too dam busy with their "development" of more dlc for mw5 to do anything here but keep using it to pay for more mw5 dlc. They should being back transverse while they're at it.

K so you are happy with your choices.

#58 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm lots and lots big slowing targets with zero ams.
My Awesome 8R approves.Posted Image

#59 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 31 July 2023 - 07:59 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 30 July 2023 - 08:38 AM, said:

I personally don't pick a mech that is good.

I pick the mech because its fun to win with a mech I enjoy piloting, even know I know its a bad pick. If I can overcome the challenge of making a good build with a bad chasis, overcoming that challenge feels much better than playing a meta heavy ecm clan laser vomit or assault long range gun boat.

#60 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 09:03 AM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 31 July 2023 - 07:59 AM, said:

I personally don't pick a mech that is good.

I pick the mech because its fun to win with a mech I enjoy piloting, even know I know its a bad pick. If I can overcome the challenge of making a good build with a bad chasis, overcoming that challenge feels much better than playing a meta heavy ecm clan laser vomit or assault long range gun boat.

That is the first option and it's part of why I picked up the Ballistic Panther, the Cicadas pre-buff, recently the Orion hero (I almost NEVER see these), and the Warhammer 4L (rarest Whammy to see for a while)

70 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 70 guests, 0 anonymous users