Predictable Result From Releasing A Ton Of Assaults:

120 replies to this topic

#61 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 July 2023 - 10:45 AM

If they upgrade BAP etc that it could target mechs under ECM cover even around 1200m (current build max target range) + LONGBOW, then walking behemoths and snipers could be suppressed. Still they could easily find cover or call 4 ams buddy, but at least it ll be some balance.

I see TTB walking and klling one to one, then somebody trying to LRM him, he is angry.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 31 July 2023 - 10:46 AM.

#62 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 10:49 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 31 July 2023 - 10:45 AM, said:

If they upgrade BAP etc that it could target mechs under ECM cover even around 1200m (current build max target range) + LONGBOW, then walking behemoths and snipers could be suppressed. Still they could easily find cover or call 4 ams buddy, but at least it ll be some balance.

I see TTB walking and klling one to one, then somebody trying to LRM him, he is angry.

BAP doesn't need range, it needs "negate all ECM in range, no fuzzing from stealth".

#63 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:08 AM

I understand, but LRM need something to counter ECM, because its unable to target and shoot even with full vision of enemy.
LRM is just a support weapon and its just for such case to stop behemoths free walk.

#64 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:15 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 31 July 2023 - 11:08 AM, said:

I understand, but LRM need something to counter ECM, because its unable to target and shoot even with full vision of enemy.
LRM is just a support weapon and its just for such case to stop behemoths free walk.

It's called TAG, NARC Ravens, and good UAV position

#65 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 09:20 AM

if we're still on the subject the OP had:

to me, it is EXACTLY the opposite:
saw 75% assaults yesterday, and when in drop, (in 9of10games) they ALL hide and are scared to get their paintjob ruined;
in a hvy or assault, I then go on to put in some work - only to get seen & focused by 8-10 opposing guys, as I'm the ONLY target and my assault"buddies" are twiddling their thumbs behind me somewhere in a ditch.

--> assaults and hvys are unbelievably frustrating to play for me at the moment. hiding it out for 10+minutes with the rest just isn't my thing.

--> so my trusty wolfhound gets to run some miles and shoot some lasers. yes, a flea or peanutbutter would maybe outperform it right now, but I like the wolfy. yes, I tank psr and have to work 3x as much to get a decent damage-number and kills (compared to dakka-ing myself to the 1000+dmg in assaults, which you can get regular and often), but otoh at least I CAN DO SOMETHING from minute1, instead of hiding it out along with the rest of the herd.

the game is called Mech_Warrior online - I seriously wonder why people play this game, when they don't WANT to shoot other guys in mechs. QP can be so frustrating.
*those 1/10 games where everything is active, open and exciting.. totally worth my time. just wish it was more than 10% ;-)

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 01 August 2023 - 09:23 AM.

#66 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 09:53 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 01 August 2023 - 09:20 AM, said:

saw 75% assaults yesterday, and when in drop, (in 9of10games) they ALL hide and are scared to get their paintjob ruined;
in a hvy or assault, I then go on to put in some work - only to get seen & focused by 8-10 opposing guys, as I'm the ONLY target and my assault"buddies" are twiddling their thumbs behind me somewhere in a ditch.

Dude, same.

#67 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 August 2023 - 10:07 AM

There is no need to go somewhere in assault. Look DATA, he is starting to shoot almost from starting point.

#68 Kamiko Kross

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 10:49 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 30 July 2023 - 09:29 AM, said:

Good, that's the way you should feel.

Are you serious?

#69 Kamiko Kross

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 10:53 AM

--> assaults and hvys are unbelievably frustrating to play for me at the moment. hiding it out for 10+minutes with the rest just isn't my thing.

--> so my trusty wolfhound gets to run some miles and shoot some lasers. yes, a flea or peanutbutter would maybe outperform it right now, but I like the wolfy. yes, I tank psr and have to work 3x as much to get a decent damage-number and kills (compared to dakka-ing myself to the 1000+dmg in assaults, which you can get regular and often), but otoh at least I CAN DO SOMETHING from minute1, instead of hiding it out along with the rest of the herd.

the game is called Mech_Warrior online - I seriously wonder why people play this game, when they don't WANT to shoot other guys in mechs. QP can be so frustrating.
*those 1/10 games where everything is active, open and exciting.. totally worth my time. just wish it was more than 10% ;-)

My mate has returned to the game recently, we have dropped quitre a bit this last month. His number one frustration is the blatant cowardice of the VAST majority of players. MWO players seem to lack ANY aggression unless they have a complete advantage. They want to execute the enemy-not fight them.
The amount of players that hang back trying to be "snipers" using their team as a meat shield, or those that run keeping you between them, and the enemy...
They know they are doing it, you say something to them-call them out on it and the get all butthurt and report you for "harassment."
They are being SUPER toxic but are allowed to get away with it.....

Edited by Kamiko Kross, 01 August 2023 - 10:54 AM.

#70 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:17 PM

the game is called Mech_Warrior online

Are you sure? I thought it was Artillery Warrior Online...

#71 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:23 PM

View PostHaipyng, on 01 August 2023 - 12:17 PM, said:

Are you sure? I thought it was Artillery Warrior Online...

It's funny that if there was a sharp uptick in arty spam after Dreadnought, I didn't really notice it. Was ANTICIPATING it but it didn't really seem to materialize noticeably - possibly because it's already kind of rampant.

#72 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:34 PM

View PostKamiko Kross, on 01 August 2023 - 10:53 AM, said:

My mate has returned to the game recently, we have dropped quitre a bit this last month. His number one frustration is the blatant cowardice of the VAST majority of players. MWO players seem to lack ANY aggression unless they have a complete advantage. They want to execute the enemy-not fight them.
The amount of players that hang back trying to be "snipers" using their team as a meat shield, or those that run keeping you between them, and the enemy...

Alas, the play style you describe is pretty much a description of how the game should be played according to some of the folks in charge (some members of the Cauldron) as well as other "high skill" players. May as well get used to it. Between the latest SR's running gauss vomit, ERLL vomit, and similar ilk, not to mention straight up gauss builds (wave at the nice Gauzzilla!) it isn't going away.

#73 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 01 August 2023 - 02:22 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 31 July 2023 - 11:15 AM, said:

It's called TAG, NARC Ravens, and good UAV position

I haven't been able to play recently. Is narc still the longest cool down "weapon" in the game? I'd be better off using just the usual 3x ermls,srm2s and ams 3L build from the sound of all these uber assults doing nothing. Not going to run my mech's *** around "scouting" and get it shot off while half the team plays sniper warrior online. Hell I bet the er ll still hits 1850m.

#74 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 02:36 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 01 August 2023 - 02:22 PM, said:

I haven't been able to play recently. Is narc still the longest cool down "weapon" in the game? I'd be better off using just the usual 3x ermls,srm2s and ams 3L build from the sound of all these uber assults doing nothing. Not going to run my mech's *** around "scouting" and get it shot off while half the team plays sniper warrior online. Hell I bet the er ll still hits 1850m.

You probably would be unless you were dropping with a dedicated LRM lance.

It was asked how LRMs could counter ECM prevalence. That's how. I'm not saying those are good options, I'm saying those are pretty much the only options. If you've got PPCs, that can work but at that point why not just go all in on PPCs? That and PPCs will only neuter ONE ECM when they hit. Overlapping ECM bubbles make that much less viable for an LRM carrier. TAG itself becomes useless with overlapping ECM. NARC becomes useless with overlapping ECM. Combine this with narrow windows to get lock and fire. Longer range on BAP won't help with it only countering 1 ECM in range. Longer range and counter all makes ECM potentially nearly useless.

Chalk it up to extremely poor design choices with EW and infowar, a glut of ECM options via Omnipods and just general marching in of new ECM capable chassis, and a long standing hatred of the lockon system by a not-insubstantial portion of the playerbase... which is frankly understandable.

Edited by the check engine light, 01 August 2023 - 02:40 PM.

#75 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:27 PM

honestly i wouldn't mind if BAP counter all ECM in its range as long as it did so for only the mech carrying the BAP itself. give us a reason to use the damn thing. even TAG only barely worth taking on an LRM boat as its range is pretty short. i would say allow it to counter all ECM (again only for itself, within say 350- 400m). this way it is worth carrying for the mech its on but doesn't make it overpowered as it doesn't help anyone else other than the improved max general sensor range letting you spot things for your team further out. that or let it cancel all ECM on a mech you Press R on. over the years it seems they have done everything they can to nerf locking weapons into the ground (well other than ATM no one seems to want to nerf those). when they are not nerfing the weapon system itself they are hitting the equipment that makes it usable.

(as for those that get made when hit by LRM, carry some AMS you would be surprised how much even one AMS can stunt damage especially if there are multiple mechs carrying one)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 01 August 2023 - 03:31 PM.

#76 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:30 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 01 August 2023 - 03:27 PM, said:

honestly i wouldn't mind if BAP counter all ECM in its range as long as it did so for only the mech carrying the BAP itself. give us a reason to use the damn thing. even TAG only barely worth taking on an LRM boat as its range is pretty short. over the years it seems they have done everything they can to nerf locking weapons into the ground (well other than ATM no one seems to want to nerf those). when they are not nerfing the weapon system itself they are hitting the equipment that makes it usable.

(as for those that get made when hit by LRM, carry some AMS you would be surprised how much even one AMS can stunt damage especially if there are multiple mechs carrying one)

BAP only countering for the mech carrying is fine. That ALONE would make Streaks less terrible. It could lead to a countermeta of BAP over ECM, because you can mount BAP on ANYTHING.

#77 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:34 PM

exactly like ECM it still takes up weight and slots. how often do you see builds suggested that even use things like BAP or TCs. though i think i might start a thread discussing this topic.

#78 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:51 PM

Ok PGI my dudes DIAL THIS **** THE **** DOWN. Alphas are out of ******* control.

Edited by the check engine light, 01 August 2023 - 03:52 PM.

#79 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:53 PM

good, people are having fun

#80 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:43 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 01 August 2023 - 03:51 PM, said:

Ok PGI my dudes DIAL THIS **** THE **** DOWN. Alphas are out of ******* control.

They are? Huh. PGI doesn't give a **** as long as you buy the newest ALPHA-META-instawin mech or just do this type of builds.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users