Predictable Result From Releasing A Ton Of Assaults:

120 replies to this topic

#81 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:03 PM

View PostKamiko Kross, on 01 August 2023 - 10:53 AM, said:

My mate has returned to the game recently, we have dropped quitre a bit this last month. His number one frustration is the blatant cowardice of the VAST majority of players. MWO players seem to lack ANY aggression unless they have a complete advantage. They want to execute the enemy-not fight them.
The amount of players that hang back trying to be "snipers" using their team as a meat shield, or those that run keeping you between them, and the enemy...
They know they are doing it, you say something to them-call them out on it and the get all butthurt and report you for "harassment."
They are being SUPER toxic but are allowed to get away with it.....

I actually feel a bit of glee when I see an assault on my team trying to play this game get rolled up by a NASCAR or similar now.

I don't care how important you think your tonnage makes you. I know what you're doing and I find it funny when it backfires on you. And no, I'm not coming back to help you.

#82 Kamiko Kross

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 06:55 PM

View PostD A T A, on 01 August 2023 - 05:53 PM, said:

good, people are having fun

"Some" people are having fun.

#83 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:06 PM

ive had fun with my new toys. but that feeling wears off and you realize that the game gets even more and more shallow as the game turns into a soulless, depthless, fatmech pixel aligning contest.

#84 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:08 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 August 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

ive had fun with my new toys. but that feeling wears off and you realize that the game gets even more and more shallow as the game turns into a soulless, depthless, fatmech pixel aligning contest.

And there's really no dialing it back now, they can't remove hardpoints. They KNEW it was going to happen, too.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 August 2023 - 08:09 PM.

#85 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:16 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 August 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

And there's really no dialing it back now, they can't remove hardpoints. They KNEW it was going to happen, too.

oh theres something they can do, give more lights and mediums the same treatment.

#86 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:18 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 August 2023 - 08:16 PM, said:

oh theres something they can do, give more lights and mediums the same treatment.

They're not going to go back and make people's existing stables like that. They might roll out more legendaries to that effect.

When a dev paints themselves into a corner this hard it's because the exit door is right behind them.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 August 2023 - 08:19 PM.

#87 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:22 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 August 2023 - 08:18 PM, said:

They're not going to go back and make people's existing stables like that. They might roll out more legendaries to that effect.

When a dev paints themselves into a corner this hard it's because the exit door is right behind them.

shut up and take my money. they release a light legendary il get it even if i have to rent out parts of my body to the gentlemen at the fishing boat dock.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 August 2023 - 08:22 PM.

#88 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:28 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 August 2023 - 08:22 PM, said:

shut up and take my money. they release a light legendary il get it even if i have to rent out parts of my body to the gentlemen at the fishing boat dock.

I'm not giving them more money to play the FOMO game.

They better make bank on everyone else, I'm not putting up with that. This is bad behavior and I won't reward it.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 August 2023 - 08:28 PM.

#89 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:48 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 August 2023 - 08:28 PM, said:

I'm not giving them more money to play the FOMO game.

They better make bank on everyone else, I'm not putting up with that. This is bad behavior and I won't reward it.

the goodies that come with the legendaries are also helping me win the pokemechs game. its actually kind of an exisitential crisis for me. i figure i need to pick up 50 mechs, 20 standard and 30 heroes, and i will have effectively caught them all. there will be a number of c, s, and p variants i dont have, but i will have the std variant. special bonuses become pointless because there are no longer cbill sinks, and c mechs are pointless because everything is mastered. only thing i can do at that point is chase numbers and shoot for the skill ceiling. since i really dont enjoy the stress of that kind of play, i will probibly just get bored and go elsewhere.

for me at least, the end times are nigh. unless they do something to mix up the stagnant game.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 August 2023 - 09:49 PM.

#90 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:24 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 01 August 2023 - 07:43 PM, said:

They are? Huh. PGI doesn't give a **** as long as you buy the newest ALPHA-META-instawin mech or just do this type of builds.

The 4HP has been able to do that build for ages. The stock build in the store is already 3/4s the way there. Swap the ERPPCs and MLas for snubs, trade the SHS for DHS, chop a JJ.

#91 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 07:50 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 August 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

they can always add 'negative' quirks if things get out of hand.
or buff their 'worse competition mechs'.

not saying they will, but they could. in the end I trust the cauldron to balance things out. they've done a good job on that on most things, no need to claim that the sky is falling right now.*

*Still, my Spirit-bear looks in envy at those brawling stonerhinos and wants some goodies, too ;)

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 03 August 2023 - 07:51 AM.

#92 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 08:05 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 03 August 2023 - 07:50 AM, said:

they can always add 'negative' quirks if things get out of hand.
or buff their 'worse competition mechs'.

not saying they will, but they could. in the end I trust the cauldron to balance things out. they've done a good job on that on most things, no need to claim that the sky is falling right now.*

*Still, my Spirit-bear looks in envy at those brawling stonerhinos and wants some goodies, too ;)

I appreciated that they ratcheted Scattershot and Moonwalker down at all and paid mind to Juggie being kind of meh. I have no idea what they could even do with the latest round but I guess we will see.

#93 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 05:48 PM

I've been seeing games with 50% assaults, but numerous pre-existing mechs can pack AC20/2*SNPPC/MRM30 (or mrm40)

I've been using that loadout to good effect recently, it deletes assaults effectively.

#94 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 03:59 AM

As far as I've seen the queue has been roughly normal - 20,25, 30, 25.

Drops haven't been out of control, but I don't drop into many/any t4/5 matches, you get further up and more people have realized that mobile mechs with slightly smaller alphas are better than plodding statues.

#95 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 08:27 AM

View Postsycocys, on 04 August 2023 - 03:59 AM, said:

As far as I've seen the queue has been roughly normal - 20,25, 30, 25.

Drops haven't been out of control, but I don't drop into many/any t4/5 matches, you get further up and more people have realized that mobile mechs with slightly smaller alphas are better than plodding statues.

Has not been my experience, have seen plenty of drops with people identified as T1 where half our team were assaults and 4 of those were SRs, queue was anywhere from 33 to 55 percent assault

#96 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 09:02 AM

View Postsycocys, on 04 August 2023 - 03:59 AM, said:

you get further up and more people have realized that mobile mechs with slightly smaller alphas are better than plodding statues.

This is incorrect. T1 players will play anything that's meta, more than any other Tier...that's a part of the reason they're top Tier.

T1 is chock full of assaults even a couple of weeks after the release. Just checked, played 1 match, was 40-50% assaults, disconnected. This is the meta now. Its more of a "hard" meta as its not the result of weapon balance, but the result of pure hardpoint and pure DPS bloat.

#97 Chloe Cole Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:29 AM

View PostRockmachinE, on 04 August 2023 - 09:02 AM, said:

This is incorrect. T1 players will play anything that's meta, more than any other Tier...that's a part of the reason they're top Tier.

T1 is chock full of assaults even a couple of weeks after the release. Just checked, played 1 match, was 40-50% assaults, disconnected. This is the meta now. Its more of a "hard" meta as its not the result of weapon balance, but the result of pure hardpoint and pure DPS bloat.

Lots of people playing their new Legendary assaults, and the Stone Rhino is a new Chassis, (still has that new mech smell) and lots of people playing their old assaults in order to teach those new assaults a lesson in low center of gravity.

It'll go back to normal eventually, especially if PGI releases some light or medium Legendaries some day, eventually, maybe...

:::holds breath:::

#98 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 10:44 AM

View PostRockmachinE, on 04 August 2023 - 09:02 AM, said:

When both teams are stuffed to the gills with fatties it becomes a mad race as a heavy or med to keep up on damage (be aggressive) while also babysitting them against backstabbers and avoiding "THERE'S ONE" scenarios (be close to the fatties). The course of the match is effectively determined by what Fatty McFatfat and his fat friends feel like doing.

#99 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 04 August 2023 - 11:32 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 26 July 2023 - 03:59 AM, said:

The GZ is pretty pants-shittingly scary with quad LB20X if you get caught on a blind corner, the Gauss/AC10 hybrid is overall much nastier. Stone Crusher is racking up fairly obscene numbers most of the time but it gives off less of a ******** vibe. Possibly because lasers don't sound like a freight train slamming into your mech.

Koloss is bugfuck nuts if you can't keep it nice and far away. Insane levels of laservomit on some other variants, the only SR I'm not overly concerned about is the one people keep turning into an ATM/LRM boat.

GZ and Koloss both capitalize HARD on the new map.

LOVE my GZ

#100 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 12:04 PM

Also every match where a group of lights tried to wolfpack was a fairly disastrous loss barring one where an Urbie lance derped out, got scrubbed while everyone else did pretty alright and secured a win.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users