Linebacker Assessment

No replies to this topic

#1 Vaeltava Mieli

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been playing MWO for about a decade at this point, off and on, but I wouldn't count myself a veteran. It's something I deep-dive into every other year or so, then off to other things. Lately though, I've been finding MWO occupying more and more of my imagination, so the time has come to participate in the community.

To that end, please permit me to ask for input on the mech I've been tooling around with for a few days. I've tried it a few different ways, but I can't play matches as quickly or consistently as I'd like to figure out which is going to give me the best advantage for my situation and playstyle:

This variation on the LBK-B includes pulse lasers and a UAC-5 with the ER-Large
https://mech.nav-alp...#24b7c99e_LBK-B

This variation removes the pulses and swaps for a UAC-10. I've also played with swapping the Heavy Medium for another ER-Medium.
https://mech.nav-alp...#d4922def_LBK-B

I spent a lot of my time the past few months, and last year, playing the FLE-20 and FLE-17 and got used to being fast across the battlefield and rapidly repositioning as situations change. I'm not satisfied with my ability to predict the battlefield to play anything as slow and stompy as an Atlas or Dire Wolf anymore, but I missed the ability to take hits and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with my team. As much fun as the Flea has been, I wanted something with more bulk.

The Linebacker has given me a well-rounded experience on both points, its great speed for a Heavy permitting me to put myself where I'm needed most and the good CT armor letting me make a couple of mistakes without putting me out of the match entirely. My difficulty is figuring out if the UAC-10 or the UAC-5 would be a greater advantage for the kind of playstyle I've described, or what setup of lasers would be most useful. I spend part of my time poking with the team, part of my time flanking with the lights and faster mediums, but inevitably get into a brawl where I feel unbalanced in one way or the other.

I look forward to your input, thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users