Scrapmetal Map

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mal Bolge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:07 PM

I was dumb enough to actually try out the event again, and guess what? The new map has hip high ridges that is impossible to scale. That means that if your enemy is lucky enough to be on the ridge they can shoot you with all of their weapons while, if yours are arm mounted, you can not hit them, like at all, unless you rotate the entire map to find a place where you can ascend to their level.

It's great fun to have a map that forces you to get shredded without the ability to retaliate. Perfectly follows the trend to empower long range weapons so that it is impossible to retaliate against them before you are destroyed.

Defenders of this trend posting as follows...

Edited by Mal Bolge, 27 July 2023 - 01:12 PM.

#2 D Sync

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:13 PM

View PostMal Bolge, on 27 July 2023 - 01:07 PM, said:

I was dumb enough to actually try our the event again, and guess what? The new map has hip high ridges that is impossible to scale. That means that if your enemy is lucky enough to be on the ridge they can shoot you with all of their weapons while, if yours are arm mounted, you can not hit them, like at all, unless you rotate the entire map to find a place where you can ascend to their level.

It's great fun to have a map that forces you to get shredded without the ability to retaliate. Perfectly follows the trend to empower long range weapons so that it is impossible to retaliate against them before you are destroyed.

Defenders against this trend posting as follows...

Have you tried flanking behind?

I've killed three mechs before anyone even noticed me today on that map, although, it needs a TON of work.

For instance, if you don't have JJ's you will march around the map for 5 minutes before you see anyone.

#3 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:59 PM

If they plan on continuing to use this map, I demand a spotlight that will illuminant the 50 meters to my front. Cause you can't see jack squat on this map.

Edited by FatManBlue, 27 July 2023 - 02:00 PM.

#4 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 July 2023 - 02:20 PM

View PostD Sync, on 27 July 2023 - 01:13 PM, said:

Have you tried flanking behind?

I've killed three mechs before anyone even noticed me today on that map, although, it needs a TON of work.

For instance, if you don't have JJ's you will march around the map for 5 minutes before you see anyone.

I got completely dicked down by a Commando and Jenner SRM boat in all black, it was rough!... Still love having a dark map though, nice change. If anything OP proves it forces you to plan and play differently, as any map should, to account for its unique challenges.

View PostFatManBlue, on 27 July 2023 - 01:59 PM, said:

If they plan on continuing to use this map, I demand a spotlight that will illuminant the 50 meters to my front. Cause you can't see jack squat on this map.

YES!!!! Ive said it before and will say it again, I LOVE the Metro series for needing a light. Having floodlights around the map or on the mechs would be killer!!!

#5 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 July 2023 - 08:09 PM

i think there is a light on mechs. its the L key i think (though on the K-9 it turns on and off you flashing police lights.). though this would also make you an easy target. though it would be very atmospheric to see all the mechs running around with their lights on.

as for the map itself i like it. feels new and different. its nice to have to rethink how one plays a map instead of the same old same old. would love to see a little more variety in maps chosen but thats a player thing not a game thing.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 29 July 2023 - 08:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users