Scrapmetal Map Lighting

7 replies to this topic

#1 TriggerHappyPacifist

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle Eastside

Posted 30 July 2023 - 04:00 PM

AMD Graphics Card bug aside, the lighting on this map is dreadful. Nothing seems to work. Heat vision, night vision, regular vision. It really benefits the folks that use the graphics card tweaks to make the rest of us easy meat.

#2 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 30 July 2023 - 05:50 PM

I dont know what your on about, the blasted map has the Victric bug for me - everything is retina blasting ultra violet pinky purple. There are no colours, its like a black and white drawing except its corona burning pinky-purple and black.

#3 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 05:26 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 30 July 2023 - 05:50 PM, said:

I dont know what your on about, the blasted map has the Victric bug for me - everything is retina blasting ultra violet pinky purple. There are no colours, its like a black and white drawing except its corona burning pinky-purple and black.

This has been known since release, it depends on your graphics cards, some see the map as it should be, so completely dark, and some have a pink violet bug which I have no idea how it looks like as I belong to the former group.

I'd love to see a screen shot of the pink lighting bug.

Trust me though when people say the map is dark, the map is really dark.

Edited by RockmachinE, 31 July 2023 - 05:27 AM.

#4 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 05:38 AM

View PostTriggerHappyPacifist, on 30 July 2023 - 04:00 PM, said:

It really benefits the folks that use the graphics card tweaks to make the rest of us easy meat.

There's really no complicated tweaking involved. Everyone can do this. Its literally as simple as alt tab out of game, move one slider, alt tab back into the game.

Alt+tab to desktop.

Find your cards control panel, usually an NVIDIA or similar icon on the bottom right of your desktop, right click and find "adjust desktop color settings" option or similar, details depends on the card/driver.

Gamma is the main slider you're looking for, crank it up, it will make things bright. Contrast and brightness might fix the washed out look you get from gamma only. I don't bother with those though.

Alt+tab back into the game.

After Ceres is finished alt tab again and just set the slider back to its default position because you value your eyesight.

#5 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 338 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 31 July 2023 - 05:41 AM

If you have the hot pink bug it is only for your first drop in a session on the map, after that it goes to its near pitch black.

The funny thing is, as retina searing as it may be the hot pink is far better visibility than normal lighting, night vision, or thermal.

#6 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I'd rather see pink than sudden, incoming muzzle flash from right in my face.

Honestly, this game has the oldest average aged players of any game I know. The developers should take into account that fifty year old eyes literally cannot see what twenty year old eyes see under the same conditions, and make adjustments; if that means sacrificing a little environmental flavor so people can actually see, that should be a a no-brainer.

#7 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 08:37 AM

Put your readers on, Boomers.

#8 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:02 PM

As its a pretty short range map its not that bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users