Do Not Miss Out On Baldurs Gate 3 !

16 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 05:55 PM

I bought Baldurs Gate 3 yesterday after avoiding all early access gameplay and YT Videos and i am having such a blast i had not in many years.

After 11+ Hours of playing BG3 i say it is a true RPG, with an engaging story, a really good implemented superb turn based combat system and superb graphics (i am playing on 4k - only caveat so far is that the mouse cursor in 4k becomes micro diminutive).

It seems the game is fully voiced and imho has 2x4 considereate choices of voices for each possible player avatar.

Character creation is mainly revlving around facial features on 2x2 body types that offer enough room for individualizing your avatar to your hearts content.

Good i love the dice checks - imho they are visualized so well that even i like them!

If you like RPGs take your chance to play this gem of a game as it is one of its kind in a century!

Why Baldur's Gate 3 Will Be The Best RPG Ever & The Anomaly Drama - YouTube

Internet Celebrate Baldur's Gate 3/Larian Studios Success & Their Based Take On Microtransactions - YouTube

Edited by Thorqemada, 05 August 2023 - 05:56 PM.

#2 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 06:48 PM

And it seems you can play COOP on ******* splitscreen guys - SPLITSCREEN!!! - how ******* awesome is that???

How to Play Baldur's Gate 3 Couch Co-op (Full split screen guide) - YouTube

Baldur's Gate 3 Split Screen CO-OP Review (All your questions answered) - YouTube

Edited by Thorqemada, 05 August 2023 - 09:53 PM.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 07:05 PM

BG3 Class Overview:
Baldur's Gate 3 - An Overview Of All Classes (Supercut) - YouTube

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 12:46 PM

Worth a Buy reviews BG3:
Baldur's Gate 3 - Is it Worthabuy? - YouTube

I play it on my RX6700XT 12GB ak 4k with all settings maxed (no FSR) in Dx11.

Vulkan at this point in time is deemed experimental and to be used on own risk with a tendency to crash - i can not run Vulkan in 4k as it ends on a frozen white screen.

Aside of the Vulkan issue which is easily avoided by using Dx11 so i had in 15h+ of Gameplay not a single crash and the game runs utmost smooth me using a SATA EVO 870 SSD.
(with the newest Firmware bcs all SSDs these days seem to need new Firmware as they otherwise produce errors and what i read the new faster SSDs have it even worse with their launch firmware and outright crash without Firmwsre updates - ridiculous what the SSD industry offers to its customers)

Otherwise i hope those who play the game enjoy it as much as it seems everybody else does who plays it Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 06 August 2023 - 12:48 PM.

#5 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 August 2023 - 02:09 PM

Lmao I still have never finished the original baldurs gate or icewind dale or several hundred other games I bought for 90%+ off on some random steam sale..

I'll do what I always do and wait till its on sale with all dlc for super cheap and add it to the steam wallet.

**** at this point I don't think I will live long enough to fully play each and every game in my library... Posted Image

But it looks like its a fantastic addition to the series. Enjoy!

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 04:25 AM

I never played Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 aside of a few hours bcs my father occupied the games for himself for such a long time i had forgotten about it by then and i am also not very fond of the way D&D does things but in BG3 these odd things and inconveniences i feel dwarf in regard to what the game offers and i am at 32+ hours of gameplay right now and i have not a gotten near of a glimpse of the full scope of the game yet.

I think it is the first game in years i payed full price for and feel it is worth it - it is that fantastic!

Edited by Thorqemada, 07 August 2023 - 04:26 AM.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 12:06 AM

Funny old Asmongold:
I Might Play Baldur's Gate 3 After All - YouTube

The game is that good!

#8 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 09:21 PM

Some helpful hints about UI and stuff:
Baldur's Gate 3 Guide to Reactions & UI - Must Know Tips For All Players - YouTube

#9 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 August 2023 - 12:02 PM

I loved the original BGs. I may try this third episode to once...
Wonder if I could start a drow? Play as evil were always fun in BG :)

#10 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 12:31 AM

If you mean the race "Drow" it is a race option to chose from.

Baldur's Gate 3: Playable Races Guide - YouTube

Edited by Thorqemada, 13 August 2023 - 01:07 AM.

#11 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 August 2023 - 11:48 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 13 August 2023 - 12:31 AM, said:

If you mean the race "Drow" it is a race option to chose from.

Baldur's Gate 3: Playable Races Guide - YouTube

I see there is even Drider in the game! Marvellous!
I now hope in a mod what let us start monster-characters (obviously I want to try once a drider ranger :) )...

#12 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 05:20 PM

The game got again higher peak player numbers this weekend and sits now at 875k.
Baldur's Gate 3 Breaks Its Steam Peak Players Record Yet Again & Does So Completely DRM Free - YouTube

And it is available on GOG.com and Steam...

Well, its hard to predict what mods will be avialable, the game runs on a "homebrew" Engine it is said that drives the latest Divinity games but improved so if there are mods for that BG3 will receive mods also i guess.

Edited by Thorqemada, 13 August 2023 - 05:59 PM.

#13 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 15 August 2023 - 03:57 AM

I agree, very good game. Lots of content, lots of replayability. Hard to believe its only 60€.

I used to watch my brother play BG 1/2 along with Icewind dale when i was little. I played Icewind dale last year, and almost finished it, but my old PC died on me, and i lost all the saves upon reinstalling on new rig. I don't think i will ever get myself to play them, but BG 3 is an absolute recommendation.

#14 Nix Axer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationMariupol

Posted 15 September 2023 - 03:56 PM

Why promote this shiт?!

Edited by Nix Axer, 15 September 2023 - 03:56 PM.

#15 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:06 PM

View PostNix Axer, on 15 September 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why promote this shiт?!

Because AD&D is as cool as BattleTech.
And becasue Baldur's Gate series is just 99% perfect.

And mostly because there are some of us who love it, the world, the series, the games.
Better promote this than WoT or CoD what are two vastly overrated piece of ****.

Personal opinions, personal tastes, you know...

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 September 2023 - 01:57 PM

Only thing I don't like about is ONE of the rule changes... they broke the action economy. Normal DnD, it takes part of your turn to stand up from prone. BG3, it takes ALL of your turn to stand up from prone.

So with one low level wizard, I can spend time dropping grease and freezing it to deprive multiple enemies of the ability to do anything to me, and shoving a mage hand spell or other summon in their faces so they're tempted to target IT instead when they do eventually recover their footing and try to swing at me. And half of THAT is cantrips, unlimited uses.

Don't get me wrong, the story is great, but the munchkin in me is doing a serious facepalm here.

#17 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 20 September 2023 - 03:17 AM

Well, I have to pass Baldur's Gate 3 without remorse for a simple reason:

It's based on DnD, which is set in fantasy genre. And I seriously dislike fantasy genre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users