Every Mechwarrior Game In History Ahs Had A Mechlab...

5 replies to this topic

#1 CherokeeRose187

• PipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 09:41 AM

Then someone decides to not have one in MW5, forcing us to rely on modders to make mods.

No problem...

Except the mods ALL break every time there is an update, for some mysterious reason.

These are the type of brilliant tactical strategic choices that has brought PGI to it's current state.

#2 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 10:48 AM

2011 account, checking in, OP is not wrong.

It's not just that an update breaks all mods, but that updates are DEMANDED, to the order of magnitude of mandatory.

If you happen to log in "online" to your gaming service (I use Steam) It will auto-update, there is no way to stop it unless you immediately go to check if there is an update scheduled for each game you own, and manually stop it, every time you log in.

Of course "everybody" has unlimited broadband internet... NOT! But nobody cares about the "have nots".

This is typical of the insanity of the modern world, putting your toaster oven on the internet, so you can check to see if your toast is burning from the next room. Internet of things, Trans-humanist insanity of our modern world.

Now you have everything hooked to a fragile internet just to make the world work, and one little EMP/virus and the whole thing collapses.

http://www.empcommission.org/

90% dead within a year if the grid crashes, and it is set up to crash.

Coincidence?

Depopulation agenda?

I guess it's asking too much to have a game that doesn't demand 50gb/month maintenance, when your geosynchronous satellite only allows 20gb/month.

But Pluck the people living in rural areas, growing food for the city folk, nobody cares about the 10% of the population who keep the 90% alive, so the 90% with good internet can hunt for meat (not with a bow, but in the frozen section).

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 12:11 PM

Mechwarrior 1 had no Mechlab and Crescent Hawks Inception had field modification packs which are pre defined modifications and also not a free for all Mechlab.
Cescent Hawks Revenge had not such a Mechlab either, albeit i never played that game as it was a bad prototpe of real time strategy by Westwood (yep, the guys who later made Command and Conquer).
The Arcade Mechwarrior games also had no Mechlab at all.

So its factually not a correct statement in the headline of this thread.

#4 CherokeeRose187

• PipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 02:01 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 06 August 2023 - 12:11 PM, said:

Mechwarrior 1 had no Mechlab and Crescent Hawks Inception had field modification packs which are pre defined modifications and also not a free for all Mechlab.
Cescent Hawks Revenge had not such a Mechlab either, albeit i never played that game as it was a bad prototpe of real time strategy by Westwood (yep, the guys who later made Command and Conquer).
The Arcade Mechwarrior games also had no Mechlab at all.

So its factually not a correct statement in the headline of this thread.

I knew someone would bring up MW1.

Posted Image

Every REAL Mechwarrior FPS in History has had a mechlab.

ETA: Do you also believe "Top Gun" for NES is considered a "flight simulator"?

Edited by CherokeeRose187, 06 August 2023 - 02:01 PM.

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 03:41 PM

Depends, Sims range from Arcade/Action Sims to Hardcore Realism Sims so its up to you...

#6 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 March 2024 - 08:02 AM

Yes, I had to turn to Mods for Mechlab when the limited Mech modding that MW5 supports says a Gauss Rifle will not fit a location that an AC10 fits. That is not even cannon. That's a Dev design decision. The Gauss Rifle requires the same number of critical slots that an AC10 does and there is a balancing reason behind this allowing many more mechs to fit a Gauss Rifle if they can handle the tonnage.

Anyway, if PGI will not even follow cannon design of weaponry I have no reason to play an un-modded game for cannon/vanilla reasons because MW5 is not following cannon anyway.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users