Is The Vapor Eagle Hero The Lowest Skilled Mech To Play Ever?

26 replies to this topic

#21 Oh My God Chandler Bing

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 07:31 PM

It's not low skill; Protecting the arm, favouring corner peaking, utilizing MASC effectively and fighting the urge to poptart (low arm slung weapons mean too much exposure) are all requirements to do well in the 'Mech.

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:53 AM

View Postsycocys, on 13 August 2023 - 03:58 PM, said:

That's not surprising, the Deathwish is quite a bit better.

The Frenzy is probably a better low skill entry medium hero for lower tiers and still quite a solid higher skill mech for those that spend time learning and getting good with srm grouping ranging and cycle timing. Being able to put down a near 90 point cycle followed by mixed time cds to sustain when you find a position to punish. Only real issue is lack of ability to get uavs down - which isn't even a thing most people do anyhow.

oh the frenzy was beastly.

#23 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 12:15 PM

There are simpler PPC mechs. 3 X cERPPC summoner, or torso mounted 2 X ERPPC veagle are both easier to manage.

Rival needs a little more dexterity to manage MASC and protect the weapon arm.

The simplest thing I've got is a 4xLL Quickdraw-5K. One jump jet, decent speed, lots of armour, very simple hitscan weapon with great heat management. It's hard to mess up.

#24 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 August 2023 - 01:36 PM

I mean if I was going to recommend an entry level sniping ppc mech to a newer player I'd probably go with this.

kfx-p

Ecm for no red shoot me dorito and high mounts for poptarting or ridge poking pleasure.

Heat management will be a little tight until the skill nodes are populated but after that its fine.

#25 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 02:54 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 August 2023 - 03:53 AM, said:

oh the frenzy was beastly.

Only mech I even cared about getting from the event and was going to use the random MC to get it either way. If it had slightly better structure or armor it would give the 4SP some competition for drop count.

Still waiting for the 4SP-2 with 4 missile slots and only 2 or 3 energy - or with the recent hardpoint inflation 8 missile slots and 6 energy would be about on par.

#26 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:50 PM

View Postsycocys, on 14 August 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

Only mech I even cared about getting from the event and was going to use the random MC to get it either way. If it had slightly better structure or armor it would give the 4SP some competition for drop count.

Still waiting for the 4SP-2 with 4 missile slots and only 2 or 3 energy - or with the recent hardpoint inflation 8 missile slots and 6 energy would be about on par.

8SRM2 6SPL rapid-fire hate-******* the new assaults from behind would be funny. Make it a IIC with IS armor/structure levels if we're just no longer pretending we care really.

Edited by the check engine light, 14 August 2023 - 03:51 PM.

#27 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 04:42 AM

You haven't quite invented the wheel here.

Vapes in general always were good chassis and PPC on Vapes was always deadly combo. I wouldn't say it takes much skill to play, but its not the simplest mech either. You need good timing and heat management.

The Rival has tradeoffs like arm mounted weaponry. There are much better Vapes builds out there that play virtually the same.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users