Hero Lrm Boats?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Geirling

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 12:30 PM

The current even that gives 4 free Hero mechs is coming to an end and I want an LRM boat, I have yet to claim my Heavy or Assault mech, are there any LRM boats in the Heavy or Assault class I could pick?

#2 Capellan Shenanigans

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 21 August 2023 - 04:32 PM

Heavy: Can't go wrong with the Archer Tempest, the Archer was the original LRM boat.

Assault; No comment.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 August 2023 - 05:02 PM

View PostCommander Geirling, on 14 August 2023 - 12:30 PM, said:

The current even that gives 4 free Hero mechs is coming to an end and I want an LRM boat, I have yet to claim my Heavy or Assault mech, are there any LRM boats in the Heavy or Assault class I could pick?

the revenant is a mad dog that can be an LRM boat.

the vanguard sunspider can fit a few missiles and comes with extras.. though not purley an LRm boat.

the cobra cat has alot more energy points but has 4 missile slots. and it's an omni so if you don't want to buy a B model well yeah.

Warrent is a timberwolf which i guess could be a lrm boat but almost all timbers have missile slots..

As for assault the Rancor comes with a few missile hard points

The spirit bear has 4 missile slots full of srms but i suppose if you waned you could turn it into an lrm boat with extras...

The keeper has 4 missile slots as well highlander IIC

Though not built for it the dire wolf Ultra violet wiht some omnipod swaps can be an LRM boat at stock it's a better ac-2 boat but if you outfit it right it can make a lrm boat with a staggering amount of LRMs. it's as slow as an annihilator though

https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/ <---- you can go here and it will show you all the mechs so you can pick what you like you can even build it here and copy paste the build code to put right into MWO> incredibly helpful website i reccomend it for anyone playing MWO especially new players who don't know what to get next or simply to pre-build mechs before buying them...

Edited by KursedVixen, 21 August 2023 - 05:12 PM.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 August 2023 - 12:58 AM

You could take the Nova Cat and put NCT-B arms on it.

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:36 AM

View PostHorseman, on 23 August 2023 - 12:58 AM, said:

You could take the Nova Cat and put NCT-B arms on it.
yeah but i think the b might have good set of 8 quirks i could be wrong.

i looked and eh other than -10% energy cooldown not really. Just don't go all missles and 2 tags... at least get one offensive laser. trust me you probably won't live but I find it fustrating when i can't shoot at something standing right in front of me.

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 August 2023 - 08:38 AM.

#6 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 August 2023 - 12:29 PM

Try Rancor. My version brings LRM110 and two er-med lazorz. Bit hot but farms like a dream!

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:57 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 August 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

yeah but i think the b might have good set of 8 quirks i could be wrong.

i looked and eh other than -10% energy cooldown not really. Just don't go all missles and 2 tags... at least get one offensive laser. trust me you probably won't live but I find it fustrating when i can't shoot at something standing right in front of me.

Don't stop at just one laser. Take four. Or six. Treat LRM's like they're some kind of direct fire LBX weapon that sometimes fires indirect. Play under 500m, get your own locks, skip the TAG and blast em. You'll find scoring the target with laser fire is a great way to lock up your missiles.

https://mwo.nav-alph...=9e993d63_ARC-T

#8 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:30 PM

Don't skip TAG; it cuts through ECM just as well at 300m as it does at 700m.

But yes, play LRMS like Heavy Gaussvomit at moderate ranges and they'll work better.

#9 Nevermore223

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:42 PM

Tag should be effective beyond maximum range limits.

#10 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,764 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 September 2023 - 07:25 PM

If you get the blood asp rancor you can do this. Team dependent but when the map and mode align you can mine mountains of salt.

bas-a

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users