• 715 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 03:10 PM

Should be a thing in this game.

https://www.sarna.ne...nferno_(Missile)

#2 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 11:11 PM

Considering plasma cannon got added for clans, IS should get a range heat option too.

#3 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 July 2024 - 02:43 PM

View PostSockSlayer, on 22 July 2024 - 11:11 PM, said:

Considering plasma cannon got added for clans, IS should get a range heat option too.

Has to be lore friendly though.

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 July 2024 - 10:22 PM

if inferno missiles do more than 0.25 heat combined they'd have to change the plasma cannon heat too

#5 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 July 2024 - 07:52 PM

Though the missiles do have the ams weakness, and generally the projectile moves slower. It only ruins chances for the foe on open field, poptarting won't work as well with missiles. It is something to look at for sure.

Edited by SockSlayer, 29 July 2024 - 07:53 PM.

#6 D V Devnull

• 4,299 posts

Posted 01 August 2024 - 02:58 PM

Hello, everyone... consider me a SUPPORT on this one! :D

That said, a few of your thoughts to address... maybe all of them?
(Also just noticed I have to skip a lot of Emoji because otherwise the Forums would hate on me!)

View Postsimon1812, on 15 August 2023 - 03:10 PM, said:

Should be a thing in this game.

https://www.sarna.ne...nferno_(Missile)

Agreed. But you might want to fix your link up, something like...

"https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Inferno_(Missile)"

...so that it actually works to go where the link was intended for.

I sense however that I should ask... Were you aiming for a Heat Damage SRM or something much greater-ranged with this suggestion?

That's only fair. Helps maintain balance for all, and yet provides something different!

View Postsimon1812, on 26 July 2024 - 02:43 PM, said:

Has to be lore friendly though.

No arguments here, even though a couple of weapons are currently in the apocryphal stack right now. That and I remember hearing something about The Cauldron trying to keep such a rule themselves.

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 July 2024 - 10:22 PM, said:

if inferno missiles do more than 0.25 heat combined they'd have to change the plasma cannon heat too

Not really... The primary form of those Inferno Missiles is a rather short-ranged SRM which does no Physical Damage at all, only Heat Damage instead. That's extremely unlike the Plasma Cannon which deals Physical Damage alongside any Heat Damage to an opponent. It's therefore alright to let the Inferno Missile actually generate more Heat Damage as a compensation for players, otherwise that weapon would be easily devalued. Even if one turns that into a Lock-On Missile of any kind for use, there is still the need for separate Ammo & Launcher systems to be equipped. As a reminder, our beloved MWO lacks any kind of ammo-switching system capability, unlike that MW:LL community-based game which will never have certain things happening to exist here.

View PostSockSlayer, on 29 July 2024 - 07:52 PM, said:

Though the missiles do have the ams weakness, and generally the projectile moves slower. It only ruins chances for the foe on open field, poptarting won't work as well with missiles. It is something to look at for sure.

And even if it became a Lock-On MIssile for players to use instead of a short-ranged SRM which could be too situational, there would still be the chance of an attack missing completely or being blocked entirely. It could certainly balance reasonably in MWO's environment against those poptarters, making it a near-perfect addition.

...and now I'm outta here for the moment. Hopefully that darned MatchMaker will be nice to me now after what it did earlier! B)

~D. V. "pitching in their Support and thoughts about the Inferno Missile from Aug. 2024 forward" Devnull

[Edit by the post's author for a formatting flub-up...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 01 August 2024 - 03:01 PM.

#7 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 01 August 2024 - 08:39 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 August 2024 - 02:58 PM, said:

That's only fair. Helps maintain balance for all, and yet provides something different!

[Edit by the post's author for a formatting flub-up...]
I'm still waiting on Clan Racs, clan small beam laser and clan medium beam laser.

Clan beam laser family in addition to large beam laser

Edited by KursedVixen, 01 August 2024 - 08:40 PM.

#8 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 August 2024 - 10:19 PM

In Mw4: Mercenaries, there was also inferno AGL and Inferno Rocket Launchers. Inferno AGL would probably have to be a consumable since long tom was never truly added, and inferno rocket launcher did only one damage, and
[color=#0693f4]D V Devnull[/color] would be right, inferno missles were not heavy damage dealers, inferno lrm 20 did 8 damage instead of 20, so not a true plasma cannon equivalent, although you can lock unto foes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users