Light/medium Mech Persistant Balance Issue

7 replies to this topic

#1 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 16 August 2023 - 02:08 PM

The game did have knock down physics it was buggy and trollish so you have what you got now

also you "Big boys" got a new line of clan assualts, legendary's and another potential assualt after new mw5 dlc still feeling ignored? (because us light mech users get nothing because we don't sell very well)

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:31 PM

View Postsund0g, on 16 August 2023 - 01:56 PM, said:

Any plans to reign in the obnoxious light mech meta play thats been going on for a while now and has been putting players off for an equally long time?

Light Mechs can hardly be called "meta", since they have the worst W/L ratio, the worst K/D ratio and the lowest match score of all 'Mech classes in MWO.

You know the cheap tactic gangband bullying that makes playing assaults and heavies pointless

Do you wander around the map alone?

Because otherwise I do not know how light 'Mechs could keep "gangband bullying" you, if you are surrounded by other friendly 'Mechs.

as the med and lights have pretty much the same firepower and armour as the bigger mechs and twice the speed and maneuverabilty.

Absolute nonsense.

Show me any light 'Mech in MWO that could be armed with a pair of Heavy Gauss Rifles and the protection of 600 points of armour.

Its really sucking the fun out of the game for me and others also who have left permanently to play newer games with actual physics and modern graphics.

MechWarrior Online (as any other BattleTech / MechWarrior / MechCommander game) is a science-fiction-themed game. It is not a real physics simulator

I propose an idea that would solve the problem overnight....add the aforementioned Physics to the game like WoT did, even a simple system of heavier mech ramming damage that knocks the small mechs down for a time, so larger mechs can actually melee the smaller ones and make them think twice and back off a little.

Because such nerfs would probably push the number of light 'Mechs pilots in MWO towards zero.

Also, as mentioned above, knockdowns were a part of MWO a few years ago. They created more problems than they solved and so they were removed from the game.

Right now the game is HEAVILY weighted in light and mediums favour

The actual game stats say something else. Light 'Mechs are the worst performing game class in MWO. See above.

and its not fun to play large mechs anymore atleast imho, it is BEYOND ridiculous that a Flea can stop an Atlas in its tracks, even briefly, if it bumps into it and take barely any damage whilst doing so...

If a light 'Mech is so close, just use your Atlases guns to hit him. Light 'Mechs are typically very fragile.

Us big boys deserve better guys this has been going on for a longggg time now and is just being flatly ignored by the devs I feel.

Ignored? Assault 'Mechs have been boosted repeatedly.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 August 2023 - 12:57 AM

View PostSafeScanner, on 16 August 2023 - 02:08 PM, said:

The game did have knock down physics it was buggy and trollish so you have what you got now

also you "Big boys" got a new line of clan assualts, legendary's and another potential assualt after new mw5 dlc still feeling ignored? (because us light mech users get nothing because we don't sell very well)
wish they added the locust IIC and urbanmeCH IIC

#4 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:05 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 17 August 2023 - 12:57 AM, said:

same but what can you do

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:47 AM

View PostSafeScanner, on 17 August 2023 - 01:05 AM, said:

same but what can you do
continue to wish for more IIC mechs.

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 02:08 AM

Light mechs and Mediums are totally OP in BT agreed.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 11:22 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 17 August 2023 - 12:57 AM, said:

It seems that PGI bets on assault Mechs, not on light Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users