Trying To Make Thanatos 4P Work

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nosmer

Rookie

• Menig
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 02:52 PM

So' I've been playing This guy for quite a bit, loving it really, the XL engine tickles me in all the right spots no complaints, however I was thinking on trying to improve it, and suddenly realised that having it built really close to Stock gives me more damage and tanking at the expense of some speed and a meager increase in heat efficiency.

So I'm thinking, is there a better way to build this model? Maybe even something like This? Would really love to have some discussion about it, the model, my builds, your builds, all of it really.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 August 2023 - 05:25 PM

I don't have the Thanatos myself - but what you have on that last link is almost exactly the build GrimMechs recommends for it. =) So you're going to have a hard time getting more optimized than that. Just make sure you don't fire all three of those snubs at once, or Bad Things are going to happen to your heat economy. =)

#3 Nosmer

Rookie

• Menig
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 05:37 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 August 2023 - 05:25 PM, said:

I don't have the Thanatos myself - but what you have on that last link is almost exactly the build GrimMechs recommends for it. =) So you're going to have a hard time getting more optimized than that. Just make sure you don't fire all three of those snubs at once, or Bad Things are going to happen to your heat economy. =)

What was different about their build? It seems like they have removed it from the site. Two snubs in the right ST instead of left one? Faster engine?
I heard that 4P is the most versatile model and you can build it almost however you want.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 August 2023 - 07:49 AM

Hardware Placement, and some armor allocation. The build is still there; the Thanatos is the last 'mech on the list of Inner Sphere heavies. If you're not seeing it, it's because your filters are omitting it, you're expecting it to be in alphabetical order (rather than by tonnage,) or you are seeing the 'mech, but don't know what people mean by "snacc" build. =)

#5 Nosmer

Rookie

• Menig
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2023 - 04:24 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 20 August 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

but don't know what people mean by "snacc" build. =)

Well it is Tomatos we are talking about. Sounds pretty tasty to me =D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users