Stupid Idea That Will Never Happen But I Want Feedback

3 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 August 2023 - 05:41 AM

Targeting computer double heat sinks, for the same size as a clan double heat sink and the same cooling you get the benifits of a tc MK 1 cumlative to how many external heat sinks you have... so 2 heat sinks equals the same benidits as 2 heat sinks and and a targetting computer MKII , III so forth.

I know this is totally Op which is why i'm joking.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2023 - 05:57 AM.

#2 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 August 2024 - 12:13 AM

Probably won't do that..., though I have a thought, since flamers are technically fired in a beam, they should get the range boost like the lasers do, plus it would make them more usable on assaults that often can't catch anything with them, without giving too much power to lights.

#3 IronJavelin

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2024 - 08:47 AM

View PostSockSlayer, on 12 August 2024 - 12:13 AM, said:

Probably won't do that..., though I have a thought, since flamers are technically fired in a beam, they should get the range boost like the lasers do, plus it would make them more usable on assaults that often can't catch anything with them, without giving too much power to lights.

Well if you look at how that would work i would say not to increase the range on flamers as a whole but only for the bigger mechs like heavy and assault exclusive quirks because keep in mind the lights will get the same range as well kinda defeats the purpose of increasing the range because lights can use er lasers and lmgs and longer ranged small weapons rather then force them to being closer with what you said in mind

Edited by IronJavelin, 19 September 2024 - 08:48 AM.

#4 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 September 2024 - 07:50 AM

I think there's room to argue this could work. This would follow the lines of the clans having superior technology in general: you can have just one double heat sink + TC2 combo, but nothing larger or smaller. Takes up 2 slots, weighs 3 tons, so the weight is the same but it's half the space.

OTOH it would be pretty broken, almost every single clan mech would carry this lol.

Edited by PHANT0M23, 22 September 2024 - 07:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users