Ppc Capacitors

5 replies to this topic

#1 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 05:00 AM

Dont understand how they are not a thing in this game.

https://www.sarna.ne...i/PPC_Capacitor

"Game Rules
The Capacitor must be located in the same location as the PPC to which it is mounted. The Capacitor is required to be charged before firing. So long as the capacitor is charged, the next shot fired by the associated PPC deals an additional five damage and increases the heat generated from firing that weapon by five points. If the associated PPC is not fired by the end of the firing phase, the energy may be permitted to dissipate, generating no heat, or else retain the charge, generating another five points of heat. The associated PPC may not be fired on the same turn that the capacitor is charged. An Attack roll of 2 with a capacitor-charged PPC burns out the system before it can fire, inflicting a critical hit on the capacitor slot as well as the first slot of the corresponding weapon (but does not explode), dealing no damage to the target.[6]

The PPC Capacitor is compatible with both standard and ER versions of the PPC, including Clan versions of the weapon.[7] The PPC Capacitor can be mounted on Combat Vehicles or other units which do not track heat (except for ProtoMechs) provided they carry enough heat sinks to compensate for what the PPC Capacitor produces when it is used, along with the heat produced by the PPC itself.[8]

Critical Hit effects: One critical hit to the Capacitor disables both the capacitor and the associated PPC, although the PPC is not considered damaged and may be rendered usable for combat with a five minute repair check at easy difficulty. Two critical hits to a PPC Capacitor renders it completely destroyed, and one hit causes a difficult repair job which costs 75% of the purchase price and takes three days of repair time."

The same rules can be applied to MWO successfully with just some minor tweaks, I imagine it could work just as if one was adding a targeting computer or a BAP to the mech.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 September 2023 - 06:58 PM

i dunno how'd they would impliment this.

#3 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 09 September 2023 - 01:22 AM

ayayaya Vapor Eagle Rival with 2 cERPPc 30 damage pinpoint go whooosh!

#4 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 04:52 AM

Should be implemented as such imo:

+7dmg for 2-3 tons, and decreases velocity and adds heat- less than ghost heat but considerable amount, with snub like dmg, matches cool down of equiped ppc

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 08 December 2023 - 04:53 AM.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 December 2023 - 08:39 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 08 September 2023 - 06:58 PM, said:

i dunno how'd they would impliment this.

Well you need one capacitor per PPC, and its mounted in the same location as the PPC... so... just make new kinds of PPC's. "ER PPC with Capacitor". The PPC is a ton heavier, a space larger, does more damage, uses more heat.

And if you want to simulate the charge time of the capacitor, then make these new PPCs fire exactly like Gauss weapons.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:02 AM

Another suggestion I heard was making the PPC Capacitors a part of the skill tree for extra damage or making it a charging weapon similar to Gauss Rifles:

View PostJumpingHunter, on 07 December 2023 - 02:21 AM, said:

PPC Capacitors i would really love to have, but i suppose just giving PPC +5 damage straight forward is not really that good. I think of two ways of implementing this: first way is to make CapPPCs become charge-based weapons, like Gauss Rifles, where if you just tap the fire button you fire normal PPC, and if you hold it you chagre the capacitor and then the PPC fires with +5 damage. Also this should give CapPPC a necessary jam chance, and relatively high one. The second way is to make PPC Capacitor into a skill tree, that would consist of, lets say, 15 nodes, each of which would increase PPC's damage and heat by, like, 0.333 units (not percents), so in total any PPC would get +5 damage and +5 heat. THOUGH, light PPCs should be either excluded from this or heavily nerfed, as they will be super OP because of lower weight. This could also add a progressively increasing jam chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users