Md5 Hash Mismatch

9 replies to this topic

#1 SKINkz

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:34 AM

Hi guys!

I've been trying to install the game all day now. Before this everything was fine, but after the last patch the game began to crash. After that, I decided to download everything again, but nothing worked. Every time I got an MD5 Hash error. I turned off my antivirus and firewall, but that's not the reason. As a result, the launcher prompted me to launch a repair. He scanned and fixed the client 3 times, but the game still does not start and suggests running a repair. I've been playing since 2018 and I really like the game.
Сould you guys post the full client somewhere for download?

Thank you in advance!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 10:06 AM

Use this e-mail to contact the MWO Tech Support service:
mwo@piranhagames.zendesk.com

#3 SKINkz

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 11:31 AM

Done. Will wait.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 08:25 PM

View PostSKINkz, on 11 September 2023 - 11:31 AM, said:

Done. Will wait.

If you get some useful advice, post it here, please. So other players would know what to do, should they encounter such problem too.

#5 CT Valiant

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:01 AM

patch won't install...file is not what it expects? b 4 everything fine...tried to uninstall and install 10 times or more...repair tool...nothing helps , keep getting same issue...buy new computer?... :(

#6 CT Valiant

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:18 AM

I sorta gave up, keep getting same message no matter what i trie.. :The MD% hash of the local file doesn't match that of the file on the server. this means thatthe file is either corrupt or simply not the file ythat was expected. would u like to retry?y/n....never had these issues b 4 , and no idea what to do. tried all of it, too often. :(

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:56 PM

View PostCT Valiant, on 13 December 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

I sorta gave up, keep getting same message no matter what i trie.. :The MD% hash of the local file doesn't match that of the file on the server. this means thatthe file is either corrupt or simply not the file ythat was expected. would u like to retry?y/n....never had these issues b 4 , and no idea what to do. tried all of it, too often. Posted Image

View PostCT Valiant, on 13 December 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

I sorta gave up, keep getting same message no matter what i trie.. :The MD% hash of the local file doesn't match that of the file on the server. this means thatthe file is either corrupt or simply not the file ythat was expected. would u like to retry?y/n....never had these issues b 4 , and no idea what to do. tried all of it, too often. Posted Image

Use this e-mail to contact the MWO Tech Support service:
mwo@piranhagames.zendesk.com

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 December 2023 - 08:24 PM

The issue is due to a few possible reason - harddrive, memory, connectivity, antivirus program.
  • Connectivity - are not all necessary packets being received or being altered by antivirus/firewall programs. This is the most common reason, not the only but the most common reason, said programs is interfering with the download/patching process.
  • From the download that is loaded into memory first. Faulty or unstable memory
  • From memory to harddrive, a failing or driver related issue with the HD not saving the information properly, or running out of harddrive space.
  • Then the patch checking, loading info back up into memory but bits are missing, thus tthe hash-tag issue.
And from MWO site.

https://mwomercs.com...h-error-message
Q: Why am I encountering an MD5 Hash Mismatch Error Message?

The most common cause for the MD5 error is a firewall or anti-virus software interfering with the download/patch process.
Please attempt a fresh install/rerun the patcher with any anti-virus software temporarily disabled as this should allow you to complete the download/patch process.

If the issue persists after running through these steps, please contact support at technical@mwomercs.com

#9 CT Valiant

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 10:44 AM

Thx for the e-mail, it was indeed avast breach guard and kamo from c-cleaner that where in the way, i installed them b 4 the last 2 patches cuz off leaked password at the darkweb (not mwo related) anyway, i was able to install after shuttin these programms of temporary. THX!!!!

#10 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:50 PM

View PostSKINkz, on 10 September 2023 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hi guys!

I've been trying to install the game all day now. Before this everything was fine, but after the last patch the game began to crash. After that, I decided to download everything again, but nothing worked. Every time I got an MD5 Hash error. I turned off my antivirus and firewall, but that's not the reason. As a result, the launcher prompted me to launch a repair. He scanned and fixed the client 3 times, but the game still does not start and suggests running a repair. I've been playing since 2018 and I really like the game.
Сould you guys post the full client somewhere for download?

Thank you in advance!
Have you tried reinstalling the entire client? I know it's a pain but there may not be much else to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users