Bring Back Knockdown

21 replies to this topic

#21 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 12:13 PM

To be honest, i would love to see knockback and some sort of melee too. People here keep saying that it was undeveloped and very broken, but it was in beta. If knockback system will get polished at least a bit, and will be applied appropriately to different weight classes, it would actually be fun. Of course weapons like RACs and LRMs will have to be nerfed a bit, but collision knockdown and knockdown when your light mech eats AC20 shell in Side Torso sound logical to me. I mean, if lighter mechs would be more vulnerable to knockdown then there won't be nearly as much complaints about their indestructablility, and it would make piloting them take more specific skills when we are talking about some mechs like piranhas.

#22 Nevermore223

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 12:51 PM

I rember back in the NBT days, dual AC20s or LBX20s would most likely 1 shot a mech lighter than 40 tons under 100 meters. If it was lucky enough to get back up, it was missing arms, a leg and a machinegun round away from exploding. Then there was the Hauptmann...3 LBX20s ... turned the deck into an instant "slip-n-slide" for anything 35T or under....and in some cases, a few lighter mediums. City brawls were a little more intense, to say the least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users