WAR EMU ON STEAM->

*REDEEM YOUR MINI BATTLE PASS ITEMS ON THE WEBSTORE PAGE

#2 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:01 AM

give event queue where we can play both of these (i'll buy both the legends if you do)

Edited by Nyandere, 22 August 2023 - 10:01 AM.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:12 AM

What quirks do those 'Mechs have?

#4 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:18 AM

View Postmartian, on 22 August 2023 - 10:12 AM, said:

What quirks do those 'Mechs have?

This, perks make or break mechs, we definitely need to know what the perk situation is.

If the War Emu has significant ballistic perks it may well be a great mech...if its just another assault with some vanilla structure and armor bonuses then not so much...

#5 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:24 AM

Screenshots with quirks were posted here, but I didn't watch the stream and I don't know if they're the same in-game.

https://www.reddit.c...tent=t1_jx601vs

-edit-

Screenshots added to the patch notes: https://mwomercs.com...10-22august2023

Edited by process, 22 August 2023 - 11:01 AM.

#6 RoyKilroy

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 10:35 AM

I bought the war emu, but I do not see any special quirks. Am I missing something?

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 11:14 AM

View Postprocess, on 22 August 2023 - 10:24 AM, said:

Screenshots with quirks were posted here, but I didn't watch the stream and I don't know if they're the same in-game.

https://www.reddit.c...tent=t1_jx601vs

-edit-

Screenshots added to the patch notes: https://mwomercs.com...10-22august2023

Thank you.

#8 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 11:40 AM

I love Stalkers and I've been eagerly waiting for the Stalker Legendary to appear. I think the War Emu looks great. I like the "character" of it, it doesn't take itself too seriously. The feathers look fun.The extra ballistic hardpoints will certainly make it unique among Stalkers.

But to give it NO quirks, beyond the bit of extra armor all Stalkers get? That feels disappointing
I get that there are only so many directions one can go with an "outlier quirk" without drifting into Play-To-Win territory, but still... an outlier quirk is part of the Legendary Mech deal, isn't it? It's part of what's being offered for sale.

Some extra mobility, or an extra-high heat cap, or Number-Seven-Style crit chance reduction- any of these would be a great fit with the War Emu character (ifthe mech is in fact referencing the 1932 Emu War) without unbalancing the game.

I am trying to stay positive and be a cheerleader for you guys, but I'm struggling to imagine the justification for the decision to not include an outlier quirk with the War Emu.
A little help?

#9 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 22 August 2023 - 12:08 PM

About all the War Emu seems to have going for it is the fact that it's the only 85 ton IS mech that can mount 4 ballistics on it.

It's hard to imagine what about that makes it "legendary".

#10 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 12:46 PM

I just finished playing some matches in the War Emu in quickplay. This mech is seriously underrated, the fact that it can carry 4 ballistic with the amazing hitboxes and mounts of a Stalker makes it legendary. If we gave it any meaningful offensive quirks, we'd be getting complaints of OP left and right!

The Viper Scaleshot is something else, playing that mech is so much fun. The ammo quirks make it possible to bring weapons that mech has no right carrying.

#11 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the insight behind the quirk decision, Frostbyte. I still plan to purchase the mech- it's a Stalker so I want one- and my hope was that the essential (yet often underrated) goodness of this chassis might make it pretty effective without any additional help. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.
That said, I still think the optics of offering a legendary mech with NO bonus quirks- not even something as innoculous as the Moonwalker's extra reverse speed- might hurt sales.
It will at least provoke complaint, though that's likely unavoidable.
Keep up the good work and thanks for the reply.

#12 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 02:58 PM

Not a complaint, just a bug catch: Rotary Autocannons appear as AC/5s in the War Emu arm mounts.

#13 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 69 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 22 August 2023 - 04:01 PM

Geez... War Emu?... Scaleshot?... Where do these terrible names come from?...

Enough of the terrible Legendary Mechs already... Dear Gods they're terrible... THIS is the great idea ye guys came up with? Sad. This game used to be so good. Ye could have done Victor Steiner-Davion's Dire Wolf, painted Blue and Yellow, big A for Archon on the leg... Ye know, something out of ACTUAL BattleTech? That Universe yer supposed to stick somewhat too? Remember?

Sad times for Mechwarrior...

#14 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 04:22 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 22 August 2023 - 04:01 PM, said:

Enough of the terrible Legendary Mechs already... Dear Gods they're terrible... THIS is the great idea ye guys came up with? Sad. This game used to be so good. Ye could have done Victor Steiner-Davion's Dire Wolf, painted Blue and Yellow, big A for Archon on the leg... Ye know, something out of ACTUAL BattleTech? That Universe yer supposed to stick somewhat too? Remember?

War Emu is probably the most legendary name they have come up with yet. Get over yourself and have some fun.

#15 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 05:51 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 22 August 2023 - 04:01 PM, said:

"Terrible name" Are you kidding me? War emu is amazing. Let's see you try to come up with a name

#16 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 07:47 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 22 August 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

"Terrible name" Are you kidding me? War emu is amazing. Let's see you try to come up with a name

Rinkhals would have been apropos for the Viper maybe. The Stalker... Staccato. Because AC5 spam.

Idk, I don't agree with him, but names are fun. I like the presence of a Medium there, a nimble jumpy one.

Mildly concerned about the Stalker but I can't imagine Scaleshot being a game breaker. Awoos don't destroy game balance.

Edited by the check engine light, 22 August 2023 - 07:55 PM.

#17 Zen Dragon

• PipPip
  • The Divine
  • The Divine
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:19 PM

Where can I see the quirks for all legendaries? I don't see the quirks listed on the store pages for them. Which seems silly since that's the whole point of a legendary: Outlier Quirks.

#18 Fuzzy Bunny Express

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 11:20 PM

I was surprised than when outlier quirks were a large part of you mentioning the legendary mechs in the promo, that the stalker had none, I would suggest instead of battle quirks, maybe higher engine/accel/decel ratios or maybe faster torso speed, pitch/yaw angles or something would be a bird like addition that's unique but not game breaking.

#19 Mustard Cream

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 03:58 AM

I need
Legend of the Catapult
from long ago...

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts