• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 11:26 PM

The Otomo variants,
plus custom difficulty settings details
for the Dragon's Gambit!
Greetings Mercenaries,
As we count down to the release of The Dragon's Gambit, the fifth DLC for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, there are a few more exciting things we'd like to share. Firstly, we're introducing an enhanced Difficulty Settings section, now accessible under the GAMEPLAY tab in the Options Menu. Here, you can choose from Easy, Normal, or Hard presets using a dropdown menu. These presets will adjust Enemy Accuracy, Enemy Lethality, Storage Costs, and 'Mech Upkeep. But that's not all! Opt for the Custom option, and you'll have the freedom to fine-tune these settings to align perfectly with your preferred playstyle. Additionally, you can modify Extra Heat Dissipation, Enemy Artillery Fire Rate, Repair Time, Repair Cost, Over Tonnage Salvage Penalty, Over Tonnage C-Bill Penalty, and even enable Unlimited Ammo.
Rest assured, tweaking difficulty settings won't impact your achievement progress.
In co-op mode, the Host's settings will take precedence.
Please be aware that some settings may impede your progress in the main campaign, such as prolonged repair times resulting in mission roadblocks.
To ensure a smooth experience, we recommend waiting until after Act One in the main campaign before making any adjustments.
Custom Difficulty Options:
  • Unlimited Ammo: "Shooting no longer consumes ammo. At least one ammo still required to shoot."
  • Extra Heat Dissipation: "Dramatically increases cooling for player and lancemate 'Mechs."
  • Enemy Accuracy: "Multiplier for enemy Accuracy. Stacks with co-op and skill bonuses. Values less than one reduce enemy accuracy."
  • Enemy Lethality: "Adjusts the frequency of enemies targeting weaker components. Values less than one reduce the chance."
  • Enemy Artillery Fire Rate: "Adjusts how frequently enemy artillery fires on the player. Higher values result in more frequent volleys."
  • Repair Time: "Multiplier for number of days required for repairs. Setting to zero makes repairs instant."
  • Repair Cost: "Multiplier for the C-bill cost of repairs. Values less than one reduce the cost."'
  • 'Mech Upkeep: "Multiplier for quarterly 'Mech upkeep costs. Values less than one reduce the cost."
  • Storage Cost: "Multiplier for quarterly storage cost of additional 'Mechbays. Values less than one reduce the cost."
  • Over Tonnage Salvage Penalty: "Multiplier for the salvage penalty for exceeding a mission's max tonnage. Setting to zero removes the penalty."
  • Over Tonnage C-Bill Penalty: "Multiplier for the C-bill penalty for exceeding a mission's max tonnage. Setting to zero removes the penalty."
We're also thrilled to offer you a sneak peek at the upcoming Otomo special variant 'Mechs, each boasting unique and exclusive load-outs, striking patterns, and visually captivating new geometry! Among the special variants are:
DRAGON - DRG-1G(S)
HATAMOTO - HTM-26T(S)
MAULER - MAL-MX90(S)
CATAPULT - CPLT-K2(S)
BATTLEMASTER - BLR-1G(S)
CHARGER - CGR-3K(S)
The Otomo represent an elite force comprising the very best 'Mechs the Draconis Combine has to offer. With their exceptional performance and iconic paint schemes, the Royal Guard serves as an emblem of power and battlefield supremacy. But why just take our word for it? Explore these remarkable 'Mechs for yourself!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:44 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 September 2023 - 11:26 PM, said:

We're also thrilled to offer you a sneak peek at the upcoming Otomo special variant 'Mechs, each boasting unique and exclusive load-outs, striking patterns, and visually captivating new geometry!

Since you have mentioned the special geometry ....

I would like to ask if the Longbow will come with the missile bay doors, as depicted on your preview image:
Posted Image

I am asking because such missile bay doors with the secondary protective function would be both cool and useful.

Something like this ...
Posted Image

... or this.
Posted Image

Such doors are nice and functional on the Archer or on the Dervish, so I hope that the Longbow will have them too.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 01:27 AM

Question about the difficulte setting. My guess is "normal" will then be what we currently have?

As for the Otomo. I like the little dragon teeth on the Dragon and the Back of the Battlemaster. That looks realy cool.

#4 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 September 2023 - 02:09 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 22 September 2023 - 01:27 AM, said:

Question about the difficulte setting. My guess is "normal" will then be what we currently have?

As for the Otomo. I like the little dragon teeth on the Dragon and the Back of the Battlemaster. That looks realy cool.

currently? Would say without mods : super easy peasy. Even with my right hand currently in a cast and the associated poor aim, it's too easy. A blind monkey would hit the Cokpits in MW5 .The Hitboxes in MW5 are big as a barn door and simply cannot be missed..
Only Yaml and coyotes mod makes it a bit better.
and icreases the difficulty a bit. Especially with the settings options that are already in and the same are that PGI now with the DLC brings.

So,difficulty settings. I bet this will broke the mod option mod and all the difficulty settings from the yaml.mod that comes with it. But okay nozthing new that PGI brakes with every new DLC the mods.
Ey pgi just f##k your "full mod suport" Going immediatly to switch auto updater off before i gorget it and wait with switching on till the modders updated their mods.

"The Otomo represent an elite force comprising the very best 'Mechs the Draconis Combine has to offer."

Aha ^^ seriously? A Elite Pilot fields 6MG´s in an asault?Hahaaaaahahaahaaaa. cant be that much Elite that Guy. Thats only a MWO thing

Edited by Mighty Spike, 22 September 2023 - 11:17 AM.

#5 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 05:27 AM

Super excited for the new DLC. What is technically the end of Act 1? is it after you get Freemen and the sandbox world opens up allowing free travel anywhere I'm guessing?

Also, Matt please please PLEASE can you put all the AWESOME artwork somewhere to download with high res versions of everything? All the artwork for DLC5 and MW5: Clans have been beautiful and I wish I could get high res copies for my desktop.

#6 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 05:55 AM

I like the special geometry for the Otomo mechs. Also like how the Battlemaster is coming with an lb10x.

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 22 September 2023 - 05:27 AM, said:

Super excited for the new DLC. What is technically the end of Act 1? is it after you get Freemen and the sandbox world opens up allowing free travel anywhere I'm guessing?

Also, Matt please please PLEASE can you put all the AWESOME artwork somewhere to download with high res versions of everything? All the artwork for DLC5 and MW5: Clans have been beautiful and I wish I could get high res copies for my desktop.

I agree, what is considered the end of act 1?

#7 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 06:27 AM

The end of Act 1 is when the starmap opens up and you have access to co-op. Basically, if you tinker with the repair time and various costs settings, it's easier to end up in a weird spot in Act 1. Especially since you only have the javelin while the centurion is getting repaired.

Of course, you can change the difficulty settings on the fly, so it's also possible to get back out of a weird situation most of the time.

#8 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 08:19 AM

Its good to see custom options that hit several of the areas that hobbled MW5 and had so many players using mods.

I may wait on an further add-on purchases however, as I'm pretty done with buying add-ons meaning major mod-related headaches that are usually only solved with a complete un-install and re-install of both the entire MW5 game and all mods, if they even work with the new add-on. Been there-done-that three sets of add-on purchases in a row, and in no rush to keep banging my head against the wall.

#9 HassonAssassin

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 09:24 AM

This is stellar!

Thank you for the sneak peak, and I hope in the future SLDF variants and other notable royal house battalions get the same custom treatment!

Happy Hunting.

#10 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:59 PM

Nice to see some unique options; I really hope their packing Endo/XL, cause Ballistics are HEAVY. Also, not seeing anything particularly unique about the K2 and 3K, except that they're slower than their base variants, so presumably smaller engines. Any details on the Longbow's hardpoints/Skill point cap? Still worried the Stalker-3H and Archer-2S is gonna mop the floor with every single Longbow as far as optimal configurations are concerned.

#11 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 02:13 PM

Please tell me we are getting that Catapult-K2 Geo in MWO!

#12 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 03:06 PM

Can we get a leak on the longbow variants? please?

#13 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 03:27 PM

And can that catapult have medium ballistic slots???

#14 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 04:14 PM

Did anyone found a way to get rid of this "grittiness" in MW5? It's even present on the screenshots.
Just feels like my eyes were scraped with sandpaper

#15 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 09:52 PM

Oh man so cool! Can't wait for the otomo to be added to MWO!!!

#16 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 24 September 2023 - 02:52 AM

Enemy Artillery Fire Rate: 0

Thank you.

Edited by Solomon Birch, 24 September 2023 - 02:52 AM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostSolomon Birch, on 24 September 2023 - 02:52 AM, said:

Enemy Artillery Fire Rate: 0

Thank you.

Any problem with Artillery? Posted Image

#18 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 September 2023 - 04:19 PM

A little something that I cooked up ...
Posted Image

#19 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 September 2023 - 09:46 AM

What is written on the Hatamoto-chi's pauldron?

I could read the "warrior" topmost clearly; the second from this angle I hardly know what could be; the third is "of \belong to" with hiragana; fourth hard to tell from this angle and fifth is also hiragana but depends on (seems so) to the fourth kanji...

EDIT
Ja, my reading kanjis is a bit rusty... Nevertheless these Otomo variants look cool, really Ryu-like!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 26 September 2023 - 09:47 AM.

#20 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 09:58 AM

Really looking forward for a Kurita themed DLC.

I wonder what the last DLC will be about. Marik? Liao?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users