How Is This Fair?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Rhino Ceros

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 08:54 PM

Matchmaking is really not OK.

I just joined the as 8th player in line. 7 other competitors waiting. Waited 5 min after which there were 11 players. Then suddenly, after I had waited 5 min the number of other competitors on my side jumped to 15 (or was it 14?). And guess what? I was not in the match. I was left waiting for the next match.

That is just not OK and frankly makes me angry. I do not like waiting for several minutes and then get kicked out because other people who joined 5 min later than me are prioritized.

Close to rage-uninstalling this. There are certainly better ways to manage matchmaking - much less unfair.

#2 panzerd18

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 09:06 PM

This and the ability to stack sides with premades is why faction is mostly dead. It's unfortunate as the gameplay is more enjoyable than quickplay.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:20 PM

When Pgi inventend the "mm" for fp they massively screwed up and overestimate the population.

Currently if there is a 12 man pre-made and 12 pugs on IS side and Clan has 12 pugs. Mm will throw the pre-made vs the 12 pugs instead of actually building the proper match up and let the pre-made wait for an real opfor.

#4 Tivian

• Pip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFair Grove Missouri

Posted 20 October 2023 - 07:21 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 01 October 2023 - 11:20 PM, said:

When Pgi inventend the "mm" for fp they massively screwed up and overestimate the population.

Currently if there is a 12 man pre-made and 12 pugs on IS side and Clan has 12 pugs. Mm will throw the pre-made vs the 12 pugs instead of actually building the proper match up and let the pre-made wait for an real opfor.

When the game was released you could get a match in FW with in 5 min or less. The game was heavily populated so the match maker was perfect then. It needs to be updated and fixed for sure. The events help but I believe more can and should be done.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 October 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostTivian, on 20 October 2023 - 07:21 AM, said:

When the game was released you could get a match in FW with in 5 min or less. The game was heavily populated so the match maker was perfect then. It needs to be updated and fixed for sure. The events help but I believe more can and should be done.

The FP (CW) didnt have an actual MM when it went live.. heck, the game itself didnt even have in-game VOIP. until a few months after CW/FP went live. Then by the time PGI attempted to add "MM" to FP, it was a useless gesture by itself. That is because PGI wanted waited too long to add FP to the game (this was its selling pitch), then (edited) essentially shelved for too long with lack of updates and moving forward to FP, and then when some updates were made, one was an interesting that turned into a disastrous update, Long Tom aka nukes, which ended up chasing away players/units before it was removed. FP never recovered.

As for FP itself, at this time the current incarnation is the one I prefer the most, the tug of war + 3 separate encounters. But without any attempts to draw players back to the game, the only time it is actually a little busy is during FP events.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 October 2023 - 12:25 PM.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 October 2023 - 06:24 PM

They didn't "wait." It just took much longer than anyone wanted it to, because they had to fix the netcode first - with... lackluster support from CryTek.

#7 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 23 October 2023 - 06:22 PM

Oh... I thought you meant the 180% MRM Velocity buff for the AWS-8V coming out....

This stupidity has a name. I'd love to learn you owns this one. Any takers?

#8 Asylum Choir

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 06:01 PM

View PostRhino Ceros, on 01 October 2023 - 08:54 PM, said:

Matchmaking is really not OK.

I just joined the as 8th player in line. 7 other competitors waiting. Waited 5 min after which there were 11 players. Then suddenly, after I had waited 5 min the number of other competitors on my side jumped to 15 (or was it 14?). And guess what? I was not in the match. I was left waiting for the next match.

That is just not OK and frankly makes me angry. I do not like waiting for several minutes and then get kicked out because other people who joined 5 min later than me are prioritized.

Close to rage-uninstalling this. There are certainly better ways to manage matchmaking - much less unfair.

The best solution to the problem is to group up with other players, not try to do a heavily team based mode solo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users