10 replies to this topic

#1 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 05 October 2023 - 02:58 PM

I saw this on Reddit so I thought I would post it here. I haven't seen a post so if I missed one, I'll delete.

This is just what I would like to see.

The game should be the reverse of MW3 where you were fighting as the IS against Clan Smoke Jaguar with one exception; there should be a clear buildup of the player's character from cadet to active warrior.

Chapter I - Introduction to Clan life.
Character Creation - Pick your bloodline for a Trial of Bloodright later on: I would think they would allow General (Furey & Kotare) & Mechwarrior (Osis, Showers, Wirth, Wimmer) Bloodnames. If they add Elementals to the game then of course Elemental Bloodnames (Perez, Moon & Nevversan).

OPTION: Maybe add in some extra Bloodnames for variety. I wouldn't mind seeing Corbett (because it's my Bloodname Posted Image & it would honor MW3), Stiles, Levi, McCaig, Hyon Suk & Yoshida.

Cadet Training - The Tutorial

Trial of Position - option for either: linear where you only get one kill and become a warrior OR leave it open ended where you can get 2 kills to become a Star Commander or 3 kills to become a Star Captain. Game adjusts based on how you perform.

This chapter ends with your character becoming a warrior and placed in the Touman just as the Go Vote for invasion is successful. You should get placed into one of the active units for the invasion which according to Era Report 3052 would be:

362nd Assault Cluster - (The Silver Jaguars) - Beta Galaxy

19th Striker Cluster - (The Razor's Edge) - Delta Galaxy

3rd Jaguar Cavaliers - (The Storm Riders) - Delta Galaxy

Jaguar Grenadiers - (Shadow Stalkers) - Alpha Galaxy

6th jaguar Dragoons - (Wolf Slayers) - Alpha Galaxy

OPTION: : You get to choose your unit.

Chapter II - Invasion Trials - You character should be involved in the fighting for Clan Smoke Jaguar to secure a place in the invasion.

During this chapter, your character has the potential to earn the respect of a warrior from your Bloodhouse to sponsor you for the Trial of Bloodright.

OPTION: No matter what you do, you don't earn sponsorship and MUST fight in the Grand Melee in order to compete in the Trial of Bloodright.

Chapter III - Invasion

As far as the invasion goes, it should be just like MW3 where there is a clear path based on the objectives. Clusters should be bidding against each other for the right to take priority targets based on the perceived importance.

I also want briefings like MW3:

MechWarrior 3 - Campaign Briefing

MechWarrior 3 - Mission 1 Overview Briefing

MechWarrior 3 - Mission 2 sub briefings

MechWarrior 3 - Mission 3 sub briefings

You get the idea. If I think of anything else I will edit.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 05 October 2023 - 08:31 PM.

#2 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 10:47 PM

Well done Jaroth the only thing that might not work well is sounds like it could take a while to get to the invasion might scare the impatient ones away.

#3 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 08:46 PM

Thanks. Well good things are worth the wait they say. Posted Image

#4 Frosted_Moontips

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:50 AM

I think a game set pre-Invasion would be far more interesting; at least then you would get a better sense of the Clans' way of life and how they interacted with one another.
That imo would also provide a perfect excuse for some of the older and more obscure Clan mechs (Like the Woodsman or Thresher) to share the spotlight alongside all the more well-known Clan tech Posted Image

#5 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:15 PM

I am sure it is probably too late for PGI to put it in, but allowing players to chose which Clan they would be a part of and tailoring the game to that would be cool. Like if you chose Smoke Jaguar you are facing mostly 'Mechs in Drac paint schemes, communications, and planet styles, while he Wolves and Ghost Bears face the FRR, and Jade Falcons would face the Lyrans. It would also make for some interesting replayability too, since the OpFor's equipment you face could be different depending on each what corridor you are in and the 'Mechs you have access to could change as well.

#6 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:33 PM

MW2 featured the Wolves & the Jade Falcons then there was the Ghost Bear Legacy expansion so it was time that the Jaguars got some attention.

#7 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:43 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 29 January 2024 - 03:33 PM, said:

MW2 featured the Wolves & the Jade Falcons then there was the Ghost Bear Legacy expansion so it was time that the Jaguars got some attention.

Smoke Jaguars were the focus of the MechCommander games, but as the villains. Which is kind of what they are, even by Clan terms. But I am fine with allowing players to get to play as Jaguars, I was just adding my wish to the list. It would be more fun for me to play Operation REVIVAL campaigns for each of the original four Clans with different scenarios depending on who you picked. You were able to chose what IS faction you supported in MW5, so why not here too?

#8 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 29 January 2024 - 05:02 PM

All I want in this iteration is these `Mechs:

Grendel (Mongrel)
Peregrine (Horned Owl)
Great Wyrm
Galahad (Glass Spider)

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:13 AM

For me it's simple. Give use a story that wraps up Clan Smoke Jaguar's fate. It should start off from 3052 and end in 3060. The past Mechwarrior games filled in parts that detailed each of the Jags fate:
Crescent Hawk's Revenge and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries focused on the initial invasion of Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3051 and 3052.
Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear Legacy focused on a weakened Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3057.
Mechwarrior 3 focused on Smoke Jaguar remnants trying to ressurrect their clan.

So I want MW5: Clans to go all in on Clan Smoke Jaguar from start to finish. Don't even stop at the Battle of Tukayyid. Stop at 3052 and I won't buy the game.

#10 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 05:15 PM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 29 January 2024 - 03:43 PM, said:

Smoke Jaguars were the focus of the MechCommander games, but as the villains. Which is kind of what they are, even by Clan terms. But I am fine with allowing players to get to play as Jaguars, I was just adding my wish to the list. It would be more fun for me to play Operation REVIVAL campaigns for each of the original four Clans with different scenarios depending on who you picked. You were able to chose what IS faction you supported in MW5, so why not here too?

No I get it's your wish, I was just pointing out that the other Clans were given their time in the sun for Mechwarrior campaigns (I never played MechCommander) so the devs just wanted to focus on the one Clan from the Big Four that didn't get it.

View PostWill9761, on 30 January 2024 - 11:13 AM, said:

For me it's simple. Give use a story that wraps up Clan Smoke Jaguar's fate. It should start off from 3052 and end in 3060. The past Mechwarrior games filled in parts that detailed each of the Jags fate:
Crescent Hawk's Revenge and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries focused on the initial invasion of Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3051 and 3052.
Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear Legacy focused on a weakened Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3057.
Mechwarrior 3 focused on Smoke Jaguar remnants trying to ressurrect their clan.

So I want MW5: Clans to go all in on Clan Smoke Jaguar from start to finish. Don't even stop at the Battle of Tukayyid. Stop at 3052 and I won't buy the game.

MW3 was my first online game & my first MW game. I was pissed I couldn't play as the Clans but that's actually where I got the inspiration to fight for the Corbett bloodname because of the main antagonist in the game Brendon Corbett. As far as I know, I'm the only Smoke Jag who rocks it.

Also you do know that the Jags are back right? They were resurrected in the ilClan saga. Posted Image

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 30 January 2024 - 05:18 PM.

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 08:00 PM

I'm well aware of their revival.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users