Ability To Switch Voices Of Your Commander Between Clan/inner Sphere In Quick Play

1 reply to this topic

#1 Vogel007

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKentares IV, Federated Suns

Posted 11 October 2023 - 01:30 PM

I enjoy piloting Clan 'Mechs in Quick Play but after almost five hundred hours of playing MechWarrior: Online, I honestly have to admit, I just find the voice of "Clan Command" annoying.

I have even heard some people say on the Steam forum that they do not want to pilot or buy Clan 'Mechs because they find the voice loud and annoying. I would not go that far, but I can understand where those comments are coming from.
I am sure some people like that voice acting and would like to hear it all the time. That's cool.

In the lore you can find examples of Inner Sphere MechWarriors using Clan 'Mechs, you can also find examples of Clan MechWarriors piloting Inner Sphere 'Mechs. (Victor Steiner-Davion's Dire Wolf named Prometheus for example) so I don't think this would go against BattleTech lore.
It would also help with immersion, since I know some players prefer the Inner Sphere and some players prefer the Clans. This way players can always feel like they are playing for the side that they prefer.

Edited by Vogel007, 12 October 2023 - 01:39 PM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 October 2023 - 04:09 AM

Regardless of Lore here, your idea gets my...

SUPPORT!!!

...because choice is better than not having such. All we need do now is be patient and wait for however long it would take to make this happen! :D

~D. V. "Choice of the Match Announcer Voice between I.S. and Clan? I'm in!!!" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users