Spooky Sales

54 replies to this topic

#41 TW-Luna

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:11 PM

I just noticed it's only Lights and Assaults on sale. Why?

#42 Raffen Volt

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:40 PM

View PostBetrax, on 18 October 2023 - 06:25 AM, said:

Nice More Pay-To-Win mechs....Posted Image

It's not pay to win. It's paying for a Mech with unique outlier quirks and a cool paintjob, and it's supporting the dev team so they can keep updating the game.

#43 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:37 PM

View PostBetrax, on 18 October 2023 - 06:25 AM, said:

Nice More Pay-To-Win mechs....Posted Image

You do realize, 6 months later you will have access to buy this with MC, right????

#44 Utsuho Reiuzi

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 07:21 PM

The Juggernaut and Moonwalker don't appear to be on sale, in spite of it saying all Assaults - are they supposed to be exempt?

#45 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 08:31 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 17 October 2023 - 05:34 PM, said:

And the next on Power-Crepe... a double high-mount marauder, will it have ECM or MASC as well? Only 15$. Can we get an Urbie with a Nuke now?

The best I can get with an LFE 295 is 2xUAC10 (3 tons ammo), 2xLPPC, and 2xLMG (1 ton ammo). That is with Endo and LFF Armor, and leaving zero crits unused. You would need an XL to add more equipment. And MASC would need to be in the Arms even in that case.

View PostTW-Luna, on 18 October 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

I just noticed it's only Lights and Assaults on sale. Why?
Undoubtedly for the event they will have inevitably this weekend....

#46 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 October 2023 - 12:39 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 October 2023 - 02:57 PM, said:

Fair. Can we also get highmounts and ECM on EVERY SODDING MECH IN THE GAME AS WELL?

Since you know, Thanos already has it.

One other chassis getting a variant that can do same but worse that an already existing one of same tonnageisn't power creep. From what we've been told, the Marauder won't have ECM, won't have jump jets and won't have MASC - all it will have are high ballistic mounts, and mechs which can do that are a dime a dozen.

Edited by Horseman, 19 October 2023 - 12:40 AM.

#47 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 19 October 2023 - 06:10 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 18 October 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

The best I can get with an LFE 295 is 2xUAC10 (3 tons ammo), 2xLPPC, and 2xLMG (1 ton ammo). That is with Endo and LFF Armor, and leaving zero crits unused. You would need an XL to add more equipment. And MASC would need to be in the Arms even in that case.

Undoubtedly for the event they will have inevitably this weekend....

I will have to play around but will probably go with a LFE280, 2LL, 2UAC10, 2LMG. LFF is rarely worth the space I find except for some special circumstances on heavies. While LPLs are great I am not as worried about the burn time with the LL as I will be facing down and double tapping the UACs. After putting out the 58 points of damage from the UACs and LLs it is time to twist away and let cooldown reset. The LMGs can be used later when something with open components is available.

View PostHorseman, on 19 October 2023 - 12:39 AM, said:

One other chassis getting a variant that can do same but worse that an already existing one of same tonnageisn't power creep. From what we've been told, the Marauder won't have ECM, won't have jump jets and won't have MASC - all it will have are high ballistic mounts, and mechs which can do that are a dime a dozen.

The marauder though has phenomenal geometry going for it when it comes to twisting and absorbing damage. Some things aren't reflected by the numbers on the paper and its performance stands out.

#48 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 19 October 2023 - 04:40 PM

Let's wait for the quirks shall we?

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 October 2023 - 10:23 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 19 October 2023 - 04:40 PM, said:

That sounds like a rather smart idea to me! Too many people being far beyond unnecessarily judgemental before the items are even out! ^_^

In the meantime, I'm wondering why the "Invasion Orange" & "PC Gamer Black" Colors failed to show up in-game as being available and On-Sale for purchase? Also, why the heck did they cancel the "Spooky Pumpkin" from being On-Sale for the Standing Cockpit Items when it originally showed they would make it possible to get at a discount? This is seriously confusing to me! :wacko:

~D. V. "new mechs need less pre-judgement... also, a Sale Rack missing items really sucks" Devnull

#50 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 20 October 2023 - 06:03 PM

Were we supposed to be able to buy Moonwalker from the in-game store?

#51 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 09:53 AM

The Blight almost makes consider buying a legendary....almost

#52 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 10:35 AM

View PostChiasson Brinker, on 20 October 2023 - 06:03 PM, said:

Were we supposed to be able to buy Moonwalker from the in-game store?

It was the other night, same MC as the Deathstrike

#53 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2023 - 04:36 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 19 October 2023 - 04:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 October 2023 - 10:23 AM, said:

In the meantime, I'm wondering why the "Invasion Orange" & "PC Gamer Black" Colors failed to show up in-game as being available and On-Sale for purchase? Also, why the heck did they cancel the "Spooky Pumpkin" from being On-Sale for the Standing Cockpit Items when it originally showed they would make it possible to get at a discount? This is seriously confusing to me! Posted Image
I don't think PC Gamer Black was ever available for MC before, only as a code redeem originally and more recently as an event reward.

#54 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 27 October 2023 - 05:19 PM

Why are not Scattershot and Dreadnought included in the 50% off assault and mediums sale? (and no forumwarriors, if it was because they were recently introduced to the in-game store then Moonwalker Juggernaut wouldn't be discounted)
Can we have those included please?

#55 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 09:35 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 27 October 2023 - 05:19 PM, said:

and no forumwarriors, if it was because they were recently introduced to the in-game store then Moonwalker Juggernaut wouldn't be discounted

That's exactly the reason. Addition of Moonwalker and Juggernaut were a mistake made by Frostbyte, which he confirmed on Cauldron discord server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users