Old Succession Wars-Era Event

2 replies to this topic

#1 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 October 2023 - 01:57 AM

I think it would really be interesting to see how the game would feel with no clantech or another hightech weapons, only with truly OG lowtech toys like Standard engines, Standard lasers and PPCs and some other stuff.

Basically event should only allow mechs without Double Heatsinks, ER weapons, XL or Light engines, X-Pulses and probably also Heavy and Light PPCs and Ultra ACs (im not sure about last 2). Also it should not allow Clantech and some newer mech chassis like Wolfhound and other mechs. And also PROBABLY no EndoSteel or FerroFibrous, but again i am not sure.

Obviously it's going to impact the overall diversion and variation of builds seen in this event, but and the current moment ALL occuring events devolve into meta MG boating Dlackjacks, SRM-boating Dervishes and laser and HAG boating Clan mechs not letting anyone play any other non-meta designs with at least decent success rate. Disabling these super powerful dominant builds by rolling back in time to Succession Wars era would fix that problem, as people would have to build some mechs with older standard IS tech, which IMO doesnt see almost any love nowadays (come on, how these folks will stuff 8xSRM6 in that dervish if they are not using XL and DHS?).

I just would love to see how older and less efficient mech designs would fight each other, as there is no reason other than pure masochism or supernatural dedication to bring a lowtech mech design in any MWO match right now.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 29 October 2023 - 12:45 AM

As long as it coincides with a clan invasion event or the event does not reward MC

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 03 November 2023 - 10:55 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 28 October 2023 - 01:57 AM, said:

Old Succession Wars-Era Event

I think it would really be interesting to see how the game would feel with no clantech or another hightech weapons, only with truly OG lowtech toys like Standard engines, Standard lasers and PPCs and some other stuff.
No problem.

View PostJumpingHunter, on 28 October 2023 - 01:57 AM, said:

I just would love to see how older and less efficient mech designs would fight each other, as there is no reason other than pure masochism or supernatural dedication to bring a lowtech mech design in any MWO match right now.
Players would simply resort to the 3025 meta - just like they do in the desktop BattleTech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users