Ai On Mwo

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nebuchadnezzar II

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:57 AM

Artificial Intelligence on Mechwarrior online.

Now i am pretty much bored so i was wondering if i could write down some thoughts about this game, improvements according to me and suggestions.

Now we have Units ingame. Their roles kinda useless mostly. Just an extra friendlist where you can see who was online.Nothing more nothing less.

Now why dont we improve that.Give the Unit a Huge Dropship where they can store mechs.Those mechs will be given by the units members to the dropship storehouse and will be piloting only from unit embers for unit missions..!!..

Unit missions i typed!!. Yes and here you can use AI.Co-op missions where you can fight on planets AI mechs doing unit merc missions!

So basically i suggest a new mode.A co-op mode where you can fight AI.The possibilities are almost endless.

The basic structure will be a Dropship that can have a certain amount of mechs slots for their members.You can customize it upgrade it with more slots extra ammo capacities or weapon storage.All at the cost of c-bills and for the more premium items even mc donated to the unit by its members.

It will be nice to build a dropship.

Now this could be implemented into faction play. Waiting hours not being able to play faction play could change playing versus AI. The missions could also have difficulties and for those lore lovers only specific lore based mechs on the faction planets.

The unit AI improvements could also be on planet side faction based.Lets say a unit through missions gets a planet.Planet X now is in possession of Unit Y.That doesnt mean much unless there is some bonus or gain so the Unit S will want to take that away from Unit Y.

The Unit Y by taking over a planet either fighting other players in pvp unit missions or AI mechs will get a certain amount of c-bills and or mc and or salvage (anything from weapons to mechs).

Now this will be mission complete but why keep the planet?

Keep the planet for some montly gains could be fun.Either c-bills or a bonus to unit missions.

You can build a base same way as your dropship.Giving the base mechs to defend it with AI that an enemy unit has to destroy in order to capture it or destroy it.

Upgrades can be made by trainning to the AI pilots.Possibilities a lot here.

Campaign mode could be introduced based on your dropship supplies.

Lets say you got 10 mechs with a certain amount of ammo and weapons and a certain amount of c-bills for repairs.You can then start a small campaign killling AI mechs on missions and gain for the campaign only rewards.All rewards will be given on the end of the campaign to your main account after the campaign it is finished.4-5 mission campaign you can stop and pick up where you left anytime.

Anyway that were some thought as how AI should help improve mechwarrior online.Get some AI pilots on the field.Customize Dropships and planet bases.Give new roles to Units and missions.

Take care all thanks for reading this.

#2 Imperial Mk 44

Rookie

• The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 07:51 AM

As if anyone is gonna read this mate.

This is a pure pvp game.If they want pve or co-op they can go play mechwarrior 5 or some DLC of 5

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:43 AM

View PostBad Guy Over Here, on 26 September 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

As if anyone is gonna read this mate.

They could if the thread was in the correct location... Like, you know, "Support & Feedback > Feature Suggestions" might have been the right place for this... Geez... -_-

~D. V. "Feature Suggestion for AI in MWO? It ain't so Off-Topic." Devnull

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,980 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 September 2023 - 07:53 PM

we where told MWO would get drop ships back in 2016 but we never got them

since we can form groups all modes are co-op

we do need Ideas since we lost two modes so keep the ideas coming maybe be someone will listen or even get some ideas

thanks Neb

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 September 2023 - 02:09 PM

As per a leaked company document there is an online coop pve mw title in the works. No details just that its online and coop pve.

#6 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:15 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 30 September 2023 - 02:09 PM, said:

As per a leaked company document there is an online coop pve mw title in the works. No details just that its online and coop pve.

https://store.steamp...arrior_5_Clans/

If you mean this, then there's lots of details.

#7 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:35 PM

The clans mw5 game was mentioned too. What I am talking about is a still to be announced game. There are three of them afaik.

#8 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 09:05 PM

This thread was moved to Feature Suggestions

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 04:06 AM

View PostNebuchadnezzar II, on 26 September 2023 - 12:57 AM, said:

Artificial Intelligence on Mechwarrior online.
Take care all thanks for reading this.

Sorry, but this would be endeavour far beyond the PGI's resources and capabilities.

#10 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 30 October 2023 - 06:07 PM

Yeah... I do not believe that such a feature would ever be added to MWO. MWO is supposed to be a PVP environment, and in such an environment, dropships are not needed (unless as a standing item - which are available). I would recommend instead requesting an expansion to the Co-op capabilities of MW5, or whatever may be its sequel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users