16 replies to this topic

#1 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 November 2023 - 02:27 PM

Battle of Tukayyid was a significant turning point favoring Inner Sphere defenders during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. After the Com Guards, which compose ComStar's military, defeated a combined force of the Clans, the Truce of Tukayyid forbade the Clans from advancing toward Terra past the planet Tukayyid for the next fifteen years. The battle began on 1 May 3052 and ended 21 May that same year.

the event I am proposing is a Tukayyid type event focusing on 1) Clan vs IS, 2) different maps, 3) 21 day event

win condition would be the side with the most wins is declared the winner

note: most battles revolve around a tipping point battle so we want to do away with tug of war but more of a one battle per day format

note: this post is directed toward PGI
I am not asking for opinions

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 November 2023 - 08:54 PM

We had like 3 because PGI didn't like that clan wolf won... And the inner sphere had absolutely nothing to do with the battle of Tukaayyid it was only after the Khan of clan Wolf Illkhan at the time told comstar that the clans wanted to take earth Aka Terra for thier own, before then Comstar didn't care and was even helping the clans..

Clan Wolf actually won on Tukayyid.
Ghost bear got a tie
Smoke jag was smoked
Jade Falcon also tied
all other clans lost.

Again the inner sphere had ZERO involvement in Tukayyid it was only clans and Com Star...

People like to brag that the clanners lost at tukayiid, they did but they forget one thing

COMSTAR SAVED YOUR ASSES AND THEN THEY BETRAYED YOU!!!!

https://www.sarna.ne...ration_SCORPION

Edited by KursedVixen, 10 November 2023 - 01:30 AM.

#3 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 November 2023 - 04:04 AM

I am learning

"Tukayyid type event"

key word being type

#4 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 05:49 AM

Still we already had 3 I think.... Sorry, I was very angry last night.

Edited by KursedVixen, 10 November 2023 - 06:14 AM.

#5 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 November 2023 - 11:22 AM

last time I brought up something like this (in the FP area) I got shouted down pretty hard

I even made a suggestion in this area once and the thread got removed (I just got in a big fight over a my suggestion to PGI)

another thought, who piloted the comstar mechs ? (IS pilots maybe)

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 04:25 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 November 2023 - 11:22 AM, said:

last time I brought up something like this (in the FP area) I got shouted down pretty hard

I even made a suggestion in this area once and the thread got removed (I just got in a big fight over a my suggestion to PGI)

another thought, who piloted the comstar mechs ? (IS pilots maybe)
Comguard So not exactly IS pilots... but IS pilots working for comstar as a career so. Not under the banner of any of the Great Houses. So yeah Comstar did all the fighting really and Comstar had all lost tech that they recovered preserved and such so they had an edge on the Great houses.

Edited by KursedVixen, 11 November 2023 - 04:28 AM.

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 10:15 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 09 November 2023 - 08:54 PM, said:

And the inner sphere had absolutely nothing to do with the battle of Tukaayyid

Again the inner sphere had ZERO involvement in Tukayyid it was only clans and Com Star...

ComStar is:

A) Inner Sphere faction

B) Clan faction

Pick one.

Edited by martian, 11 November 2023 - 10:16 AM.

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 04:16 PM

View Postmartian, on 11 November 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

ComStar is:

A ) Inner Sphere faction

B ) Clan faction

Pick one.
C Neither they are a totally separate faction with their own territory and army and run the HPG network to fund thier army and faction.... The Word of Blake sub-faction is proof of this that they don't care about clan or inner sphere.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/ComStar

Edited by KursedVixen, 11 November 2023 - 04:32 PM.

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 09:07 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 11 November 2023 - 04:16 PM, said:

C Neither they are a totally separate faction with their own territory and army and run the HPG network to fund thier army and faction....
Is ComStar a Clan faction, founded by NIcholas Kerensky?

The Word of Blake sub-faction is proof of this that they don't care about clan or inner sphere.
What do you mean?

Edited by martian, 11 November 2023 - 09:45 PM.

#10 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 November 2023 - 12:06 PM

View Postmartian, on 11 November 2023 - 09:07 PM, said:

Is ComStar a Clan faction, founded by NIcholas Kerensky?

What do you mean?

No they are not a clan faction and read the above link about ComStar on the BT Wiki.

Edited by Rondoe, 12 November 2023 - 12:08 PM.

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 12:31 PM

View PostRondoe, on 12 November 2023 - 12:06 PM, said:

No they are not a clan faction and read the above link about ComStar on the BT Wiki.

Since ComStar is not a Clan faction, then logically must be an Inner Sphere faction.

#12 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 November 2023 - 03:59 PM

View Postmartian, on 12 November 2023 - 12:31 PM, said:

Since ComStar is not a Clan faction, then logically must be an Inner Sphere faction.

No! Read the article ffs. It is seperate from the Inner Sphere and it's own entity.
Here, let me help.

ComStar[color=#000000], known also as the [/color]ComStar Order[color=#000000] or simply "[/color]the Order[color=#000000]," is an interstellar organization charged with maintaining the [/color]hyperpulse generator[color=#000000] network, the primary means by which interstellar communication is conducted in the [/color]BattleTech[color=#000000] universe. [/color]

[color=#000000]Beneath its benign, pacifistic façade though, ComStar itself was an antagonistic player in the Succession Wars, pitting the sides against each other for its own purposes. The shrouds of secrecy which had been necessary during ComStar's early years developed into a mystical religion, at the fore of which was the belief that ComStar had a holy duty to save humanity from itself by taking control of all knowledge and power.[/color]

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 09:29 PM

C Neither they are a totally separate faction with their own territory and army and run the HPG network to fund thier army and faction.... The Word of Blake sub-faction is proof of this that they don't care about clan or inner sphere.

View PostRondoe, on 12 November 2023 - 03:59 PM, said:

No! Read the article ffs. It is seperate from the Inner Sphere and it's own entity.
Here, let me help.

ComStar[color=#000000], known also as the [/color]ComStar Order[color=#000000] or simply "[/color]the Order[color=#000000]," is an interstellar organization charged with maintaining the [/color]hyperpulse generator[color=#000000] network, the primary means by which interstellar communication is conducted in the [/color]BattleTech[color=#000000] universe. [/color]

[color=#000000]Beneath its benign, pacifistic façade though, ComStar itself was an antagonistic player in the Succession Wars, pitting the sides against each other for its own purposes. The shrouds of secrecy which had been necessary during ComStar's early years developed into a mystical religion, at the fore of which was the belief that ComStar had a holy duty to save humanity from itself by taking control of all knowledge and power.[/color]

Where does the quoted text say that ComStar is not an Inner Sphere faction?

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:01 PM

to better clarify my suggestion and post

1) have a fun event that crosses all boarders (FP, quick play, event play)

2) key words fun and different

3) Tukayyid type event key word is type (or one side against another)

4) having one side against another (a pilot born or has allegiance to the IS is a IS pilot, same for the clan side

remember we are just trying to have some fun playing this game
(I speak as a veteran of the original Clan vs IS games we played in quick play)

HTH

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 08:26 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 November 2023 - 11:01 PM, said:

1) have a fun event that crosses all boarders (FP, quick play, event play)

3) Tukayyid type event key word is type (or one side against another)

4) having one side against another (a pilot born or has allegiance to the IS is a IS pilot, same for the clan side

remember we are just trying to have some fun playing this game
(I speak as a veteran of the original Clan vs IS games we played in quick play)

HTH

The problem is that if you lock a player to one side (or faction) for the duration of the event, you will almost certainly have to deal with the imbalance between both sides. See the first Tukayyid event.

On the other hand, allowing the players to switch the sides (factions) during the event would result in the players leaving the obviously defeated side and switching to the winning side, thus creating even greater imbalance amd rendering the event meaningless.

Also, do not forget about the premades farming casual solo players.

#16 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:30 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 09 November 2023 - 02:27 PM, said:

Battle of Tukayyid was a significant turning point favoring Inner Sphere defenders during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. After the Com Guards, which compose ComStar's military, defeated a combined force of the Clans, the Truce of Tukayyid forbade the Clans from advancing toward Terra past the planet Tukayyid for the next fifteen years. The battle began on 1 May 3052 and ended 21 May that same year.

the event I am proposing is a Tukayyid type event focusing on 1) Clan vs IS, 2) different maps, 3) 21 day event

win condition would be the side with the most wins is declared the winner

note: most battles revolve around a tipping point battle so we want to do away with tug of war but more of a one battle per day format

note: this post is directed toward PGI
I am not asking for opinions

We've had 3 Tukayyid events already and IIRC the Clans won all of them. Posted Image Also, if you don't want opinions then send an email directly to PGI. If you post on the forums, you're gonna get opinions.

We had like 3 because PGI didn't like that clan wolf won... And the inner sphere had absolutely nothing to do with the battle of Tukaayyid it was only after the Khan of clan Wolf Illkhan at the time told comstar that the clans wanted to take earth Aka Terra for thier own, before then Comstar didn't care and was even helping the clans..

Clan Wolf actually won on Tukayyid.
Ghost bear got a tie
Smoke jag was smoked
Jade Falcon also tied
all other clans lost.

Actually at least one sourcebook says the Ghost Bears got a marginal victory.

View PostRondoe, on 12 November 2023 - 03:59 PM, said:

Here, let me help.

ComStar[color=#000000], known also as the [/color]ComStar Order[color=#000000] or simply "[/color]the Order[color=#000000]," is an interstellar organization charged with maintaining the [/color]hyperpulse generator[color=#000000] network, the primary means by which interstellar communication is conducted in the [/color]BattleTech[color=#000000] universe.[/color]

ComStar IS an Inner Sphere faction. They are not associated with or beholden to, the Great Houses but they are Inner Sphere and I'm basing this off of the source material not Sarna which has proven to be erroneous in the past.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 07 December 2023 - 09:39 AM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:12 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 November 2023 - 11:01 PM, said:

What would you do differently?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users