Gameplay General

1 reply to this topic

#1 RagnarOdinson

Rookie

• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 01:29 PM

What if Faction Play was just replaced with Team Play? Have 4v4, 8v8, and 12v12 options? I’d love to play with more of my group at once and trying to make that happen in FP is frustrating. I know lobbies exist but it’s nice to play against different folks/styles also. Can also be used to build leaderboards for Comp also. Think NASCAR sprint cup chase lol. Idk, I’m just spitballing here

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 02:03 AM

I don't get your point. Why is hard to play with an bigger group in FP? In fact U get priority in mm over smaller teams and solo.
Introducing 4 vs 4 and 8vs 8 just results in more buckets. And Pgi is not capable to programm an adaptive size mm.

If they invest big money, they could get rid of phases. Attacker defender random. IS vs Clan as stock, but IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan as event or fall back if population is screwed. 12vs12 as stock and the smaller matches as fall back solution. For this to function properly there probably need to be an global timer, starting to matches every 15 mins (faster if good quality match building is possible). An global timer would allow u to even sign up for FP while u are still in qp matches or in qp mm. Since U will be back in time. Probably this even needs an replacement mechanism/ confirmation button to ensure players enlisted are rdy for the follow up fp match and not afk.
This would drastically reduce the no one wants to sit in dead que problems.
But sadly is probably totally outside of Pgi capabilities. Best we can hope for is attacker and defender random and deleting none sense phases and resulting downtime, def stacks etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users