Longbow Is Available Now! Plus Longbow Event!

28 replies to this topic

#21 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 07:51 AM

View Postcougurt, on 21 November 2023 - 08:34 PM, said:

with the exception of the hero, i'm not really seeing any hardpoint inflation here. it's very comparable to the stalker.

Double checked, yeah you're right. Barely play my Stalkers, I don't share JayZ's enthusiasm for things that walked (literally) out from behind the 18+ curtain at Spencer's, so I was remiss in my evaluation there.

LGB10C with RLs in arms for max shielding potential and BLCs in STs? Big STD engine, as many DHS as possible or SHS

Edited by the check engine light, 22 November 2023 - 07:55 AM.

#22 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:13 PM

The arms really are huge. When one of these big guys drops an arm in battle it looks like it could turn into an urbanmech and join the fight.

(That would be a hilarious loadout- couple of LRM 10s and medium lasers in the torsos, and a deployable urbanmech in each arm. Like an early Capellan attempt at elemental-style battle armor).

#23 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:17 PM

View Postambosen, on 21 November 2023 - 11:13 AM, said:

Releasing *the* iconic Inner Sphere LRM carrier mech with the current state of LRM's effectively being nerfed to the point of virtual uselessness in comparison to literally every other weapon in the game. That's a bold move Cotton. Will it work out?

Radar Dep OP. Even at 95% "max". It needs to be 1:1 countered by Target Decay, and not override that skill, entirely.

#24 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:50 PM

Only 6 IS Unseen left:

Valkyrie
Stinger
Wasp
Ostol
Ostroc
Ostscout

I hope they come out someday.

Edited by Will9761, 22 November 2023 - 11:25 PM.

#25 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 08:32 AM

BUG REPORT

When the LGBTQ+-12R(S) is equipped with 5 SRM6+ one of the launchers in the right torso launches after the others.

Please fix!

Build code.

A0i830Z1|ob|_O|_O|i^|i^p61|@@|@@|i^|MG|MG|MGq61|@@|i^|i^|i^rh0|@@sh0|@@t31|_O|[<2u31|_O|[<2v>0|_Ow202020

Edited by P H O T O N, 23 November 2023 - 08:32 AM.

#26 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 07:33 AM

I'm happy we have LGB here, but again same problem as with all mech packs - they all are pointless (in case of pre-order) except (S) variant - all other wariants are similar to those we will have in-game few month later and give nothing RLY unique and special. No uniqie and no special things = no reason to waste money. Sad but true Posted Image

Edited by Pz_DC, 25 November 2023 - 07:34 AM.

#27 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 63 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 26 November 2023 - 03:40 AM

I was advocating for Longbows, so on the whole you have one happy Elf here.

Two notes I do have are:
  • As mentioned by one other, the decals are not landing where they should, making for some freaky layouts.
  • There is one variant with ballistic HSLs, but not one single one with LRM HSLs?? Ghost heat for more than two launchers is the reason I have few rigs carrying more than two or three 15s or twin 20s. There should be at least some variants of all assault LRM mechs which can pack quad 15s or quad 20s without generating so much heat you wind up with a lower sustainable DPS. Hard enough getting locks without overheating all the time or risking the mother of all ammo explosions!

#28 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 04:54 AM

Why didn't you use the abbreviation LGB-TQIA+ for the Longbow hero? That was the chance of the year lol

#29 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:58 AM

Whenever I try to put decals onto the longbow, the decals will either shift downwards or disappear entirely.

From playing around with it, it seems like some decals move down farther than others. As for the disappearing decals, it seems like those are dependent on where on the mech you try to place them. They are still shown as equipped, but otherwise don't show on the mech.

This happens with every longbow variant I own (Don't own the hero or special variant). I get this isn't as prevalent as an issue as the server connectivity issue currently, but I just wanted to make sure this was known.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users