36 replies to this topic

#21 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2023 - 11:30 AM

Just played it the first time . Certainly looks interesting, and great attempt for a first .

F6 has a hole .

edit, forgot to put that in : Map def. needs work .

Edited by Besh, 24 November 2023 - 12:49 AM.

#22 Poonbahbah

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 02:11 PM

I've gotten stuck in e3 and don't doubt I'll get stuck in f6 and a few others places too

Enjoying the map but agree that more color would be nice

#23 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 02:56 PM

I also think it needs performance improvements. Having that many single objects make up the roof is probably not a good thing. I had a horrendous drop when the dropships flew off as well.

Visually I think it's unique. There was one ramped channel down into some turbines or something, and I didn't realize there was only one entrance/exit until I was there with a guy chasing me. Imo it should ramp in and out.

It might be interesting to add a swift icy river somewhere.

#24 Bl00dbeard

• PipPip
  • The Scattershot
  • The Scattershot
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 04:58 PM

Fell through the map at E6. Got stuck on the ramp at E3.

Map isn't even remotely ready for the public.

#25 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 07:19 PM

invisible walls around the fuel tanks.. you can't shoot between them.

#26 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 November 2023 - 08:20 PM

I found one problem - too dark. I tried heat and night, not good. Sometimes I cant see what I am shooting, mech or black object. So this map very good for brawl and lights. You tired from snipers? Then enjoy map.

#27 RabidBeagles

• PipPip
  • Heishi-ni
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 02:08 AM

maybe it's just the buildings that are too dark? i'm thinking it'd be better if they were a lighter shade of gray.

#28 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,894 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 November 2023 - 04:19 AM

Loving this map in the flea so far. A gazzillion poking spots to choose from and the reds can't cover them all. This is like a city map only everything is one or two stories tall. I imagine jj mechs are having poptart heaven too. Plus no strikes. Thats a nice change up since most matches are a strike fest.

#29 bilagaana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 08:24 AM

Fun map. I like it. The often-mentioned ledges need modification. Overall, it's good to see some imagination going into providing unique challenges to be thrown into the map mix. Not every map has to be watered down to be optimal for every play style. That's how we ended up for years with the stultifyingly dull nascaring-around-a-central feature theme.

Edited by bilagaana, 25 November 2023 - 08:43 AM.

#30 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2023 - 11:47 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 25 November 2023 - 04:19 AM, said:

Loving this map in the flea so far. A gazzillion poking spots to choose from and the reds can't cover them all. This is like a city map only everything is one or two stories tall. I imagine jj mechs are having poptart heaven too. Plus no strikes. Thats a nice change up since most matches are a strike fest.

Its what I like most about it : def. a Map that rewards Teams keeping their Heads on swivels and covering each others flanks and backs .

#31 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 12:04 PM

Definitely the most fun I've had on a new map for as long as I can remember.

A few points though-

-Raise the roof a tad so LRMs work better; there is massive LRM cover already so the roof shouldn't add more.

-Pretty cluttered - I'd lose a portion of the placed objects.

-People getting stuck on ramps.

-Placed objects invisible edges stopping quite a few shots in this cramped map, if the objects can't be cleaned up in terms of physics then that's another reason to just delete about a third of them.

-This map does make the game engine seem to cry out for an update - watching a 100 ton assault mech crash to a stop because it slightly clipped some spindly little object that happens to be indestructible is both hilarious and just awful. If players could at least clear the field of most placed objects by shooting them that would be so much better. I played a match there two assaults were playing peek-a-boo around an undestructable wind screen for gosh sakes! Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 25 November 2023 - 12:14 PM.

#32 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 02:46 PM

The top corners of many ramps has a clipping issue and it is easy to get stuck. Slow mechs without jump jets can get stuck in them indefinitely.

#33 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 08:48 AM

Since the current map is marked as "Early Access" ...

Posted Image

... do we know if the December game patch will offer some "more finite" version?

#34 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 10:50 PM

This thread was moved to the official feedback channel for Bearclaw II

#35 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 04:34 AM

I like it. I actually notice a lot less crowding of firing and movement paths on this map than I see on many others. I'm wondering if the spawn locations on Assault being farther away from blue cap actually improves things somehow.

#36 BigSpam

• PipPip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 02:06 PM

Beautiful map, but it's just too big.

#37 LesleySchultze

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUK, Devon

Posted 23 February 2024 - 05:23 PM

Hi, the map is just too big, the area around the outside is largely unused and wasted space.
Almost every match here plays out the same way as generally you end up fighting on 1 runway. Just my thoughts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users