5 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:39 PM

https://www.sarna.ne...ng_(BattleMech)

In lore the Partial Wing System was made in 3067 by Clan Jade Falcon. It would allow the using to glide 60 meters in the air. In the case of MWO however, all it would do is make you fall very slowly if you used jump jets and as a plus side, the Partial Wings would save you from fall damage. A Cougar XR inspired Legendary Mech would make an excellent testbed for the Partial Wing System.

Also PGI already has the assets from the Predator Booster Pack, so they reuse the wings:
Posted Image

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 November 2023 - 08:41 AM

I have to laugh at the physics of it. Those wings say "decoration", they don't say "glide path." Posted Image

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 11:10 AM

The same could be said about the Cougar XR. It's pretending to be a LAM, lol.
Posted Image
Still, I'd love to see how PGI would implement it in the game.

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 01:53 PM

More mobility yes please do want.

(I don't care if it looks silly. You have no idea how much I wish my Champion and Marauders could equip this. It'd be hilarious.)

#5 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 23 November 2023 - 10:31 PM

View PostWill9761, on 21 November 2023 - 09:39 PM, said:

https://www.sarna.ne...ng_(BattleMech)

In lore the Partial Wing System was made in 3067 by Clan Jade Falcon. It would allow the using to glide 60 meters in the air. In the case of MWO however, all it would do is make you fall very slowly if you used jump jets and as a plus side, the Partial Wings would save you from fall damage. A Cougar XR inspired Legendary Mech would make an excellent testbed for the Partial Wing System.

Also PGI already has the assets from the Predator Booster Pack, so they reuse the wings:
Posted Image

The partial wings were also used for heat dissipation, if I'm not mistaken. While I support this idea, it might be hard to implement in game. That's a lot of new coding! Getting the heat dissipation correct might not be too hard, but the gliding might be hard. I'm not a coder, so take everything I say here with a BIG grain of salt.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:07 PM

View Post1Exitar1, on 23 November 2023 - 10:31 PM, said:

The partial wings were also used for heat dissipation, if I'm not mistaken. While I support this idea, it might be hard to implement in game. That's a lot of new coding! Getting the heat dissipation correct might not be too hard, but the gliding might be hard. I'm not a coder, so take everything I say here with a BIG grain of salt.

Yes, you are correct on that part. I could definitely see the challenge of the gliding aspect, but the best case scenario, the gliding could be treated as a slow fall with the Partial Wing kind of acting like a parachute through the air.

Edited by Will9761, 24 November 2023 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users