Installation Problems

Xbox One Physical Console

6 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 26 November 2023 - 06:32 PM

Evening.

Haven't posted in a while and didn't think it would be with this.

I got Mechwarrior 5 brand new recently for my Xbox One. Its a base model, but I didn't think that would be an issue. Halo Infinite and Armored Core 6 play just fine on my machine, its great. I picked it up since Steam won't be supporting my OS in the future(Win7) and I will be locked out of playing the games I rightly purchased, and I heard that Mechwarrior 5 also plays on Xbox Ones, so I figured that would be just alright with MW5. Turns out, its not.

I spent a good hour putting the disc in and out of my machine, trying it from a cold start, even clearing space on my console in order to play it, but I still receive the same error message.

Error: 0x87e10013; Incompability.

I eventually went over and asked my Brother if I could try it on their machine, a Xbox Series X; after a minute, the disc kept spinning and began to install without delay. Believing that my machine was at fault, and to make sure it really was Xbox One Compliant as it said on the box,I borrowed a friend's Xbox One X to check as well. No dice. Incompability.

I have more than enough space to play the game my Xbox One is well taken care of. It can play Halo Infinite and Armored Core 6, two games which came within a few years of Mechwarrior 5's release(one before, and one after). Am I doing something wrong here with the installation, or was I tricked by the box blurb?
Am I doing something wrong re?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 02:27 AM

Contact mw5@piranhagames.zendesk.com

good luck!

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 07:32 PM

Well, the error according to Google means it is not compatible with XBox One but works on XBox X/S.

Also on the MW5Mercs homepage it states; Optmized for XBox X/S.

Make what you want out of that...

Getting MW5 on GOG.com should prevent you from being unable to play and if so you have a 30day give back warranty (but you may receive store credit if giving back).
Also all the glorious mods from the MW5 modpages run on the GOG version!

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 November 2023 - 07:33 PM.

#4 Volume

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 10:10 AM

View PostBrenden, on 26 November 2023 - 06:32 PM, said:

Evening.
I picked it up since Steam won't be supporting my OS in the future(Win7) and I will be locked out of playing the games I rightly purchased

Happy new year.
There are ways of getting Steam to keep working on W7, and even prevent it from updating, should Valve push an update that would eventually break it.
https://blog.lightwo...rvival-kit.html
https://steamcommuni.../?id=2967855237
Another option would be a relatively-simple "gamer-oriented" Linux distrobution (possibly something like Nobara, Garuda, EndeavorOS, Mint, for example)

Regardless, I wish Steam hadn't made this change. It caused a lot of trouble when they dropped Win98 and XP support too. It does feel really stupid that I have games from like 1999 that could run on a Pentium 200 with 64MB of RAM, and now the expectation is to install Win10, install Steam (which claims its minimum requirements are a 2.3ghz core 2 duo and 512mb of ram), just to play something like Unreal Tournament '99.

Separate from this issue, yes, if it says it works on Xbox, it should work on Xbox.
It appears you are not the only person to encounter this issue.
https://www.reddit.c..._xbox_one_says/
https://www.reddit.c..._with_xbox_one/
Apparently, it's possible that going to the GamePass store page with the disc in the drive will let you install it from there? Two other people with the same error had this solution work for them. This aligns with what SomersetStriker posted.

Also, another avenue to consider - Thorqemada suggested considering the GOG version. The game is, as you probably already know, available on EGS as well, or the Microsoft Store (if you get it there, the "PlayAnywhere" version should work on X1X, XSX, as well as PC)

If you prefer Steam, perhaps one of the Win7 workarounds will work for you.

I strongly strongly strongly suggest getting the game on PC if you can. MW5 is much better with even just a few mods (YAML, Coyote Missions, TTRulez_AIMod2), and the difference between the base game and with mods is night and day. I've heard you can mod the game on Xbox, but haven't tested it myself.

Anyways, I hope you found one of the avenues / solutions helpful, because despite its flaws, it's a very entertaining game and I hope you get to enjoy it. Some of the DLC missions are excellent, so try it with the DLC if you can't get mods at least.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:48 AM

View PostBrenden, on 26 November 2023 - 06:32 PM, said:

I eventually went over and asked my Brother if I could try it on their machine, a Xbox Series X; after a minute, the disc kept spinning and began to install without delay. Believing that my machine was at fault, and to make sure it really was Xbox One Compliant as it said on the box,I borrowed a friend's Xbox One X to check as well. No dice. Incompability.

I have more than enough space to play the game my Xbox One is well taken care of. It can play Halo Infinite and Armored Core 6, two games which came within a few years of Mechwarrior 5's release(one before, and one after). Am I doing something wrong here with the installation, or was I tricked by the box blurb?
Am I doing something wrong re?

Check if your Xbox One's firmware is up to date. Sometimes games depend on it to be up to at least a certain version (and you can't rely on the fact that a game released later doesn't). If your machine is using custom firmware, that might also be the cause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users