Mwo Status Update And Known Issues - Update 2 - Dec 1St

326 replies to this topic

#261 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:08 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 03 December 2023 - 10:02 PM, said:

Interestingly, one of my accounts cannot get into a match at all, 100% failure. Main account is ~80% success rate. No idea why they are different- if anything I would have thought main with a much larger inventory would have more issues given what we have been told abou the nature of the problem.

The moral of the story is 1) have an alt and 2) there's lot of other games out there.

Props to openly admitting you're violating the TOS. Something tells me they have bigger fish to fry.

#262 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:49 AM

View PostKavaSutra, on 04 December 2023 - 05:08 AM, said:

Props to openly admitting you're violating the TOS. Something tells me they have bigger fish to fry.

Using multiple accounts is not against the CoC

Code of Conduct said:

ALTERNATE ACCOUNT

Under typical circumstances running alternate accounts is not prohibited, unless doing so violates a specific provision of this Code of Conduct. We understand that players may want to run accounts split between Clan and Inner Sphere, or operate a ‘new user’ account alongside their main account.
Be aware that severe violations of the Code of Conduct may result in moderation actions being enforced across all confirmed alternate accounts.

#263 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:56 AM

View PostKS Highlander, on 04 December 2023 - 04:54 AM, said:

If there will be a reduction in 'bolt ons' what will stay and what will go? What about the players that purchased/have those bolt ons that are deleted? Or am I reading this incorrectly?

The way I understand it, they’re just consolidating how things are defined. They’re taking the database and changing “banner pole for the archer, banner pole for the atlas, banner pole for the awesome, banner pole for the annihilator, banner pole for the… and just making all that one entry for “banner pole”. Do this for every game asset and nobody loses anything, but the database records are trimmed down.

#264 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 06:07 AM

In fact, everyone gains, because Bolt-ons will be usable indepently from chassis, as far as I understand it.

#265 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:17 AM

View PostKS Highlander, on 04 December 2023 - 04:54 AM, said:

If there will be a reduction in 'bolt ons' what will stay and what will go? What about the players that purchased/have those bolt ons that are deleted? Or am I reading this incorrectly?

There will be no reduction in 'bolt-ons' and no deletion. Your bolt-ons will stay as they are. The relevant change will hapen server-side; it is the server database that will be modified in the way it handles bolt-ons and other game assets..

#266 Corporal Adrian Shephard

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:57 AM

View Postmartian, on 02 December 2023 - 03:36 AM, said:

Do you have the cockpit glass enabled or disabled?

[color=#959595]disabled[/color]

#267 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:26 AM

View PostCorporal Adrian Shephard, on 04 December 2023 - 08:57 AM, said:

[color=#959595]disabled[/color]

Then maybe running MWO on lower details could help.

#268 F I R S T 1

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:50 AM

Why in the world AU servers work better than EU and NA ?

#269 Keystone Gray

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:30 AM

View PostKavaSutra, on 04 December 2023 - 05:08 AM, said:

For the love of Kerensky, please don't glare down your nose at other people when you haven't actually read the TOS. That's just goofy, extremely rude, and embarrasses you more than anyone else.

Edited by Keystone Gray, 04 December 2023 - 11:32 AM.

#270 Keystone Gray

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:35 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 04 December 2023 - 05:56 AM, said:

The way I understand it, they’re just consolidating how things are defined. They’re taking the database and changing “banner pole for the archer, banner pole for the atlas, banner pole for the awesome, banner pole for the annihilator, banner pole for the… and just making all that one entry for “banner pole”. Do this for every game asset and nobody loses anything, but the database records are trimmed down.

I'd wager the reason it's set up this way in the first place is to make people buy the same cosmetic multiple times for multiple mechs. Guess the chickens are coming home to roost on that one...

#271 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:08 PM

Past few days I see a lot of players who's keep playing even with pings like 500-700 and it make me belive in future of MWO :P

#272 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:46 PM

View PostKeystone Gray, on 04 December 2023 - 11:35 AM, said:

I'd wager the reason it's set up this way in the first place is to make people buy the same cosmetic multiple times for multiple mechs. Guess the chickens are coming home to roost on that one...

tbf hindsight is 20/20

#273 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:46 PM

View Postawoltrooper, on 04 December 2023 - 12:34 PM, said:

I've lost a week of VIP time due to this frustrating oversight. Then to wake up today and see there's still no fix...
Read this update, please: Mwo Status Update And Known Issues - Update 2 - Dec 1St

Please, can we at least get details on when this will be deployed?
The corrective game patch should be out on the 13. XII. 2023.

details on how we'll be compensated for lost game time?

Read this, please:

Piranha Games Inc. said:

Once the fix is deployed, we plan to host an event with compensation as a gesture of appreciation.

The compensation event and all the Holiday events will not be posted or started until the patch is live, and we can confirm on the live environment that everything is back to normal.

#274 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 02:49 PM

Bolt on issue = Bolt on Sale = 70% OFF Posted Image

That will test the fix. Vote yes.

#275 Buguser

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 03:07 PM

So you think, we should give you money for something not working??? so stupid, i only have 4 mechs, and most times all 4 mechs are logged in for reasons you did not testet befor getting the update in game? there was a failur with your boldons in the past, did you not learn from it??? why should i spent any money in your company? getting one match turns out in waiting 30minutes+ and then nothing happens, all you got is logged your mech ingame, and then you choose an other just to get it locked too????? and then the third, and then the 4.??? there is no more fun in your game it was quite goodin the past, but now it is unplayable just if you spent half a day to get 4 matches. you can´t make any progress by that, how should you level your mechs by not getting in the game? stupid desissions, stupid wasting ressorces at the wrong point. if you where at my company and your product would work like this you got fired after the third day, and after that you got punnished by the cort. do something quick.

#276 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 03:42 PM

View PostBuguser, on 04 December 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

So you think, we should give you money for something not working??? so stupid, i only have 4 mechs, and most times all 4 mechs are logged in for reasons you did not testet befor getting the update in game? there was a failur with your boldons in the past, did you not learn from it??? why should i spent any money in your company? getting one match turns out in waiting 30minutes+ and then nothing happens, all you got is logged your mech ingame, and then you choose an other just to get it locked too????? and then the third, and then the 4.??? there is no more fun in your game it was quite goodin the past, but now it is unplayable just if you spent half a day to get 4 matches. you can´t make any progress by that, how should you level your mechs by not getting in the game? stupid desissions, stupid wasting ressorces at the wrong point. if you where at my company and your product would work like this you got fired after the third day, and after that you got punnished by the cort. do something quick.

what kind of court would have jurisdiction over this pray tell

#277 TTB

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2023 - 03:57 PM

Here's hoping we'll see the fix deployed tomorrow (Tuesday)!

#278 Buguser

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:15 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 04 December 2023 - 03:42 PM, said:

what kind of court would have jurisdiction over this pray tell

not in this case if pgi was a actor for my company, and they serve a software not working like hiered for. and yes they would never do any other software afterwards.

#279 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:35 PM

View PostBuguser, on 04 December 2023 - 04:15 PM, said:

not in this case if pgi was a actor for my company, and they serve a software not working like hiered for. and yes they would never do any other software afterwards.

Orange croutons, zoom zoom butterscotch

#280 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:47 PM

And when the patch drops, things are fixed, and they start generously giving out free stuff as an apology… I bet he accepts the stuff. Posted Image

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users