4 replies to this topic

#1 sam wesson

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:19 PM

The new feature where the server is busy and my Mech is locked, but I don't get to play is way OP.

It doing nasty things to my PSR and my sense of inner peace.

3 (Three) in a row today.

Which reminds me, why punish people who have to leave a game anyway? It's just a game. Sometimes life interferes.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:48 PM

View Postsam wesson, on 29 November 2023 - 12:19 PM, said:

The new feature where the server is busy and my Mech is locked, but I don't get to play is way OP.

It doing nasty things to my PSR and my sense of inner peace.

3 (Three) in a row today.

Which reminds me, why punish people who have to leave a game anyway? It's just a game. Sometimes life interferes.

Perhaps you would like to read this post: MWO Status Update And Known Issues - Updated

#3 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:51 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 November 2023 - 12:48 PM, said:

Perhaps you would like to read this post: MWO Status Update And Known Issues - Updated

While this does help, it doesn't change the fact that punishing people for having internet connection issues or having an actual life isn't really good.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:22 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 29 November 2023 - 12:51 PM, said:

While this does help, it doesn't change the fact that punishing people for having internet connection issues or having an actual life isn't really good.

Read this, please:

Piranha Games Inc. said:

Going AFK (away from keyboard)

The absence of even one player in a match can directly impact the playing experience and level of enjoyment for all other players in that match. Initiating the search for a match should be seen as an unspoken commitment to all other players who will be placed into the same match.

We completely understand that life goes on regardless of your participation in a game, but walking away from the computer or alt+tabbing out to browse the internet after initiating a match and not returning in time to provide meaningful assistance to your teammates are considered acts of non-participation.

#5 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 06:29 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 November 2023 - 01:22 PM, said:

Read this, please:

Understandable, but some simple form of AI to take over AFK mech would fix the AFK and disconnects issues, especially for the instances when game literally crashes or your network experiences a failure, which is still happening, even after the recent server update. Punishing for non-participation is fine at it's own, but most of non-participants aren't guilty of their non-participation anyway, vast majority of disconnects are the people who got accidentally kicked out of their MWO client, and shouldn't really be punished for serverside issue.

Edited by JumpingHunter, 30 November 2023 - 06:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users