Lrms At Optimal Range Miss Nearly Every Time

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 February 2024 - 09:57 AM

Went to test a new build commando the other day and found that LRM5's on it miss over 70 to 90 percent of the time. When I commented that this did not exist before the LRM nerf patch was berated about it. See the test results for yourselves. BTW tested the mech in battle it was even worse against live players.

Why does commando have 70 to 90 percent miss rate with lrms? (youtube.com)

Edited by Wesxander, 07 February 2024 - 10:00 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 February 2024 - 07:19 PM

Navid said this wouldn't happen in live combat. Take video of it happening against actual opponents please.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 05:10 AM

Looks fine to me. Silly build, tho.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:29 AM

Jup. Just the flatter trajectory and lots of lost locks. A lot of shots fired before lock was achieved and some instances of low arm tag Beijing blocked bye terrain. Trajectory is back to old path in next patch.

#5 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 09:16 AM

To the person saying this doesn't happen live matches I have seen a jenner targe me lock and fire inside of 400 with lrms and they did not hit passed over just like the example of my commando. The testing grounds is supposed to be exactly same physics as a live battlefield. The commando video you post is 80 percent of your shots above the enemy sailing down into them.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 13 February 2024 - 03:32 AM

Please point out the time stamp when the 80% you claim happen in the video. Traininggrounds also is not on a live server but on your own PC. Did you limit your FPS when playing MWO? This is supposed to help avoid the issue and the supposed reason why it doesn't happen live, since the servers are FPS limited.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 13 February 2024 - 03:39 AM.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 February 2024 - 06:27 AM

^^^

Correct, the difference between training grounds and actual matches is that training grounds is on your PC, whereas the match server is somewhere out on the internet. Big difference between all calculations and hit reg being made locally versus on a remote server.

I'm not saying you're NOT seeing this in live matches, we just need to capture footage of it happening. I personally haven't witnessed it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users