Weapon Changes Excluded From Patch Notes

32 replies to this topic

#21 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 12:19 PM

RACs were not changed in November patch. I just triple checked. Unless OP has numbers to pull out or proof, I wouldn't take his statement as fact.

We are changing RACs in december patch, just increasing the rate of fire and reducing the damage per bullet so the DPS stays the same. Same damage, but feels more like a true minigun.

#22 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 December 2023 - 12:55 PM

You are wrong, Vix. No one needs to call you names.

#23 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 01:05 PM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 05 December 2023 - 12:19 PM, said:

RACs were not changed in November patch. I just triple checked. Unless OP has numbers to pull out or proof, I wouldn't take his statement as fact.

We are changing RACs in december patch, just increasing the rate of fire and reducing the damage per bullet so the DPS stays the same. Same damage, but feels more like a true minigun.

Will RAC quirks get altered? (Please no the Ratchetman is actually fun now)

#24 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 December 2023 - 01:10 PM

I doubt it. Like someone pointed out, the weapons are simply not overperforming - hence their uncommon appearance on the battlefield.

#25 Luckless Horn

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2023 - 06:07 PM

I hope ammo per ton is increased proportionally.

#26 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 01:51 PM

Question: How does this work in re: prior concerns expressed about the number of ballistic projectiles flying around causing strain on the game? It would appear to make that problem worse purely for the sake aesthetics.

#27 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 December 2023 - 03:26 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 06 December 2023 - 01:51 PM, said:

Question: How does this work in re: prior concerns expressed about the number of ballistic projectiles flying around causing strain on the game? It would appear to make that problem worse purely for the sake aesthetics.

I think that's limited to missiles, not bullets.

#28 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 03:59 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 06 December 2023 - 03:26 PM, said:

I think that's limited to missiles, not bullets.

Frost_Byte has said that it was, specifically, a concern in choosing the HAG burst sizes, hence why they can't increase them, hence why they can't make HAGs a spread weapon. Or at least that's the reasoning presented; I don't particularly agree with the idea that you need more shots before they could be a spread weapon.

Edited by foamyesque, 06 December 2023 - 03:59 PM.

#29 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 06:00 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 06 December 2023 - 01:51 PM, said:

Shouldn't pose an issue, the increase was just 2 RPS. If every player logged in at once, all ran 4 RAC mechs in QP, and all dropped into a match at the same time something may come afoot though...

View Postthe check engine light, on 05 December 2023 - 01:05 PM, said:

Will RAC quirks get altered? (Please no the Ratchetman is actually fun now)

No. We're adjusting ammo per ton but that's it. All other RAC quirks and stats remain the same. DPS, heat, range, all of that remains.

#30 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 December 2023 - 11:10 PM

View PostManusDei, on 01 December 2023 - 12:14 PM, said:

I did notice the rate of fire for the rotary 5 has been reduced and the chance of jamming has increased since the last patch. Yet nothing has been placed in the patch notes. The same thing occured with the streaks before they were nerfed into oblivion. Today they are rarely seen in game. And those that do use them have to deal with the stigmatism of no skill boat name calling from haters. So best to avoid weapons where people think you have no skill just because you select a particular weapon. Its never the mech build it always comes down to teamwork. We know the alpha pilots have a different take on that matter. Toxic players and toxic groups will always make waves in this game.

I have not played streak boat in many months. In fact, I only play IS to avoid the wrath of developers with their clan bias in this game.

Does PGI really think nobody notices the smallest of changes to weapons and mech scaling? Not including them in the patch notes is just wrong. There is a clear history of this type of development at PGI.

What do you think?

OP like the dev said they will want absolute proof
if you play enough you will see some crazy stuff in this game
its best to not say anything
if you have proof or not (nothing you say would change anything anyways)

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 11:47 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 06 December 2023 - 11:10 PM, said:

OP like the dev said they will want absolute proof
if you play enough you will see some crazy stuff in this game
its best to not say anything
if you have proof or not (nothing you say would change anything anyways)

Well if OP claims some tinfoil crazy stuff it is up to him to prove it.
And no I'm not saying there aren't some bugs in game and have been there Years and will most likely be there untill servers are shutting down but what OP claims.. different ****.

#32 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 11:23 AM

View PostCurccu, on 06 December 2023 - 11:47 PM, said:

Well if OP claims some tinfoil crazy stuff it is up to him to prove it.
And no I'm not saying there aren't some bugs in game and have been there Years and will most likely be there untill servers are shutting down but what OP claims.. different ****.

I have been waiting since December 1 for the OP to return to this thread.

#33 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,690 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 December 2023 - 06:55 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 December 2023 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have been waiting since December 1 for the OP to return to this thread.

The author of such hits as "Lights Meds unchallenged today" and "Underage mech pilots" will not be returning to this thread.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users