How Many Headshots Do You Have Per Kill?

108 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

I have 792 kills since the latest stat reset. And I have 1 headshot (aka cockpit destruction). I think the statistics were reset some time before UI 2.0 had achievements implemented, but it still gives some indication of how common headshots are.
  • How many headshots do you have?
  • How many kills do you have since the latest stat reset?
  • Do you think headshots should be easier or harder to achieve? Or are they just right?
You'll find your number of kills by clicking your Profile-button on the website, and then Stats. Click here to see how you can find out your number of headshots.

Spoiler

#2 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

1393 kills.
4 headshots.

0,29% headshots.

Edited by Nicolai Kabrinsky, 04 December 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#3 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

I think I have something like 43 headshots? I have 1,800 kills, so...2% of the time.

I'd say they're about right. It's really hard to pull off and when you do, it's a big accomplishment. Then again, I'm not exactly a 1337 sn!p0r, so who knows?

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

3835 / 23
All by accident.

#5 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

99 headshots. They seem about right, however I wish we could get more new mechs in training grounds. Most of mine are from those mechs I was able to practiced on.

Edited by Mickey Knoxx, 04 December 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#6 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

8 out of 2131 so something like 0.3% But I haven't been purposely trying either. Though since I am only 2 away from an achievement I may start giving it a concentrated effort.

As it is I think head hit boxes are, by and large, in a good place.

#7 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

1602 Kills
16 headshots

I guess most of them are "accidents". I mean, I try to aim for the head on most 'mechs (chance for headshot and guarantee for CT) but if I hit a headshot its a bonus.

I have two favorites--one on Caustic where I saw a Shadowhawk pop so I zoomed in on his hill. I charged my Gauss rifles and when he popped up the next time I instagibbed him, talk about a lucky shot. He took it well too--he went to all chat and said "I ain't even mad. Nice shot."

My 2nd favorite was on Canyon Network. I was up high and saw a dual AC20 K2 in the canyon below with friends. I aimed for him first and like always on Catapults I aimed for the cockpit but once agian, dual gauss instagib and I got the achievement for my 10th headshot.

They are rare enough that I think they are fine where they are--if you want to put in the time to study all the 'mechs and find out what actually counts as a headshot then you deserve that edge.

Some 'mechs are incredibly easy compared to others though, Centurions come to mind for an easy headshot while I'd say Atlas is tough. It seems with the Atlas the difficulty lies in the fact that the head hitboxes are actually a little bit outside of the "eyes".

#8 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

5/923, 0.5%
I avoid aiming for the cockpit if I can't make it a one hit kill. With the tiny head hitboxes pulling off two in a row is very unlikely, and I try to avoid wasting time dealing with hostile targets so I go for guaranteed killing or crippling shots.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 04 December 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#9 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

20/1,653

#10 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

I have 14 out of 2,558 kills.

I can almost guarantee all of those except 1 were provided by Jaegers and Stormcrows. I find their cockpits easier to hit and even then, not that easy to hit.

The other 1 I mention was when I turned around to an Adder on my back in a dual gauss DWF, charging up as I turned, and just let it go without any precise aiming and it got him in the head. He was pretty mad. He had 0 structural damage at that point.

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostMoonlander, on 04 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I have 14 out of 2,558 kills.

I can almost guarantee all of those except 1 were provided by Jaegers and Stormcrows. I find their cockpits easier to hit and even then, not that easy to hit.

The other 1 I mention was when I turned around to an Adder on my back in a dual gauss DWF, charging up as I turned, and just let it go without any precise aiming and it got him in the head. He was pretty mad. He had 0 structural damage at that point.

Forgot about Jagers--I have popped them a few times too when they are doing their usual peekabo thing.

#12 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

3088 kills, about 10 headshots. All AFK. :P

#13 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

I got one once, accidentally, when firing from an elevated firing position, but I guess that is the point of aiming at center-of-mass. You can afford to be off by a little bit.

#14 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

3055 kills and 25 HS => 0.8%

#15 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

55/4444 = 1.23%

I don't really actively seek cockpit shots though I may start doing so.

#16 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 04 December 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

I got one once, accidentally, when firing from an elevated firing position, but I guess that is the point of aiming at center-of-mass. You can afford to be off by a little bit.

Got one of those too, jumping 2 ERPPC Summoner versus a Locust. I wasn't even trying and I actually asked in chat to confirm that it just happened. That match ended in a 12-1 loss, by the way.

#17 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

1 HS 890 Kills
Seems appropriate

#18 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

13 out of 2718 kills

#19 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 04 December 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

5/923, 0.5%
I avoid aiming for the cockpit if I can't make it a one hit kill. With the tiny head hitboxes pulling off two in a row is very unlikely, and I try to avoid wasting time dealing with hostile targets so I go for guaranteed killing or crippling shots.

IMO you should always aim for head shot. 90% of the mechs the cockpit is almost CT. And either way if you miss it will either be a ct or side ct if you don't land it anyway.

Not I am not saying stop and stare them down to try and get it. However knowing a catapult cockpit is about 10% above mid ct, cicada and jenner is about the same spot then your going to that area is beneficial. It maybe only result in 1/1000 landing, but if it doesn't its still solid ct damage.

#20 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

So let me get this straight. The average amount of headshots is less than 1%, even for people who have been playing since 2012. Most people don't get them except by accident or against disconnects. But they're fine where they're at.

Y'all crazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users