26 replies to this topic

#1 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:55 AM

Since the patch on the 6th, the game for me has slowed down so much that it is unplayable. When I say slowed down, I mean that I move the mouse and it takes 2 seconds for anything to happen on screen. I went into the testing grounds and twisting my torso took 2 seconds. Moving forward took 3 seconds before the mech started to move. I tried firing and, again, it took 2 seconds.
I used some of the diagnostic tools in Windows 10 and as soon as I start up MWO, the CPU usage goes to 100% and the temp on my CPU jumps at least 10F.

I have no idea what is going on with my computer and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

System details:
Mainboard: MSI PRO Z690-a
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
CPU: Intel i5-12600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX7900 XTX

I didn't have these problems before this last patch. Everything ran real smooth. I did have some problems with my monitor going blank on the 4th. I tracked that problem down to a faulty HDMI cable (odd how those go bad!)

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:04 AM

PGi hates AMD.

Serious note: I have no idea what would do that odd that it would slow your game down, have you tried reinstalling the game , yet? or the repair tool?

Edited by KursedVixen, 07 December 2023 - 10:13 AM.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:08 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 07 December 2023 - 09:55 AM, said:

I have no idea what is going on with my computer and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

You can try the MWO Repair Tool.

It probably will not help, but it should not hurt. Posted Image

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:24 AM

>PGI hates AMD

lol. My rig is Ryzen Radeon on Linux and it runs better than a lot of Intel nVidia Windows setups.

#5 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 07 December 2023 - 03:49 PM

don't know if this helps you but for me it seems running the game in dx9 mode gives me te best performance even with all settings maxed and made my pc run noticably calmer, i figured because its an old game it has te best compatibilty with dx9 but who knows

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 04:45 PM

flush yo' shaders.

on the 7900xt and i dont have this problem.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 04:49 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 07 December 2023 - 10:24 AM, said:

>PGI hates AMD

lol. My rig is Ryzen Radeon on Linux and it runs better than a lot of Intel nVidia Windows setups.

what distro?

been using debian bookworm upstairs. i think i finally found a distro i can live with. will switch on my daily driver when win10 goes eol.

#8 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 05:54 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 December 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

what distro?

been using debian bookworm upstairs. i think i finally found a distro i can live with. will switch on my daily driver when win10 goes eol.

Mint XFCE 21.2

It's about as easy as Linux gets really. I tinker with other distros on a different computer.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 December 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

what distro?

The newest thread, from Oct 2023.

https://mwomercs.com...roton-and-wine/

#10 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:53 PM

The Repair Tool is one of the first things I did. I tried it even before the Win 10 diagnostics.

View PostLordNothing, on 07 December 2023 - 04:45 PM, said:

flush yo' shaders.

on the 7900xt and i dont have this problem.

How do I flush the shaders?

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:24 PM

View Post1Exitar1, on 07 December 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

The Repair Tool is one of the first things I did. I tried it even before the Win 10 diagnostics.

How do I flush the shaders?
You delete it manually in your MWO Saved games directory. But If you ran the MWO Repair already, then you do not have to delete Shaders, because the Repair tool did it for you.

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:50 PM

View Postmartian, on 07 December 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

You delete it manually in your MWO Saved games directory. But If you ran the MWO Repair already, then you do not have to delete Shaders, because the Repair tool did it for you.

im not sure its the default setting though, so go into options and make sure its checked.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 December 2023 - 09:50 PM, said:

im not sure its the default setting though, so go into options and make sure its checked.
It seems to be the default setting on my version of the MWO Repair tool.

#14 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,894 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 December 2023 - 10:18 PM

View Postaardappelianen, on 07 December 2023 - 03:49 PM, said:

don't know if this helps you but for me it seems running the game in dx9 mode gives me te best performance even with all settings maxed and made my pc run noticably calmer, i figured because its an old game it has te best compatibilty with dx9 but who knows

Been running dx11 and it never occurred to me to drop back to dx9 and see if I could recover some performance...

Yes this worked great for the maps that were lagging for me before like river city and solaris and parts of free worlds.

Can't really find any difference in the look of the game either with a maxed out user config. Before with max settings river city would drop down into the 60~70 range at 4k on a 3090 and now it barely dips under a locked 120 sometimes dropping to the high 90's in a few of the denser spots.

#15 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:10 AM

I deleted the Shaders Folder and ran the repair tool again then immediately started up MWO. I instantly noticed that the problem was still there as my selections were still taking 2 seconds to do anything. I tried a trial match and it's still unplayable.

I'm beginning to think it isn't the game itself that is causing the problem, but something hardware related. That would make it a CPU or GPU problem. Considering the GPU is practically brand new, I doubt if it is that.

#16 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:12 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 08 December 2023 - 10:10 AM, said:

I deleted the Shaders Folder and ran the repair tool again then immediately started up MWO. I instantly noticed that the problem was still there as my selections were still taking 2 seconds to do anything. I tried a trial match and it's still unplayable.

I'm beginning to think it isn't the game itself that is causing the problem, but something hardware related. That would make it a CPU or GPU problem. Considering the GPU is practically brand new, I doubt if it is that.
The most recent update adding stuff to the mech bay slows down loading a bit. as for your problem i have no idea. have you tried turning on anti-lag in the AMD Settings?

Edited by KursedVixen, 08 December 2023 - 10:12 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:30 AM

View Postmartian, on 07 December 2023 - 09:55 PM, said:

It seems to be the default setting on my version of the MWO Repair tool.

i wasn't sure about that, i seem to recall having to enable it manually. but i got old man brain with a little weed sprinkled on top.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 December 2023 - 10:31 AM.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 01:00 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 December 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

i wasn't sure about that, i seem to recall having to enable it manually. but i got old man brain with a little weed sprinkled on top.
It is quite possible that some game patch has changed the Repair Tool's default settings.

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:18 PM

Did you somehow end up using your onboard graphics chip from your I5 12600 processor instead of your dedicated graphics card? Would explain why your CPU temps shoot up

Edited by Vxheous, 08 December 2023 - 10:18 PM.

#20 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2023 - 02:00 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 08 December 2023 - 10:10 AM, said:

Any other application giving you any Problems ?
Changed any HW lately ?
run memcheck ( check integrity of your RAM ) .
Made sure cooling for GPU/System is ok/unobstructed ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users