Anyone Mind Telling Me Why I Didn't Get A Pilot Skill Increase Here?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:34 PM

View PostBesh, on 14 December 2023 - 05:42 AM, said:

I seem to recall that , when looking at Class avges, Lights get the short Straw despite outliers being able to do impressive things ?

Class averages doesn't mean anything when the average light player stands still and dies instantly because they don't know how to play the game.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 December 2023 - 03:42 PM

Anecdotal PSR observations for playing many QP games:

Winning Team PSR changes:
Anecdotal PSR observations: the bottom two players on the winning side gets a "red arrow" for PSR down, as a general rule of thumb.

Losing Team PSR changes:
Anecdotal PSR observations: the top two players (1st & 2nd) on the losing side gets a "green arrow" for PSR up.
Anecdotal PSR observations: the top 3rd player (3rd) on the losing side gets a "yellow arrow" for no PSR up or no PSR down).
Everyone else on the losing team gets a "red arrow" for PSR down.

Focus on your total damage dealt (aim for 300+ damage to start off with; the more the merrier), and Kill Assists (aim for 8+).
Killing Blows actually matter very little to your PSR rankings.
A well placed UAV would also help your match score.
This would also pad up your match score, thus giving you more CBills and XP!

It's very well documented that your PSR is determined by:
~How well you do in the overall 24-player ranking from both teams.
~How well you do in your 12-player team.

Edited by w0qj, 15 December 2023 - 03:59 PM.

#23 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 04:04 PM

View Postw0qj, on 15 December 2023 - 03:42 PM, said:

This would also pad up your match score, thus giving you more CBills and XP!

Cbill and XP rewards are not directly coupled to match score. Some, for example AMS, gives the former, without any effect on MS. Some, such as protected light/medium, add about 1 point to MS, but can we worth 10,000 credits.

The only thing people should be interested in farming is credits and XP. Trying to farm MS to artificially inflate your PSR is just going to lead to more threads of people wondering why they are getting farmed in matches by- and I quote all those previous threads "sweaty tier 1 comp tryhards". Even though they are just people who don't take bracket builds and play like total potatoes.

#24 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 04:29 PM

View PostJobalisk, on 12 December 2023 - 01:32 PM, said:

I've been doing upwards of 250 damage most games in lights and getting multiple assists, scoutings, uav destroyed, uav spottings, ect. Yet I still continuously seem to be on a downward spiral. I feel this games scoring system is really heavily in favor of assaults.
Latest game:

https://imgur.com/a/0XZR43M

Because you need to shoot stuff more.

#25 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 05:11 PM

View PostJobalisk, on 12 December 2023 - 01:32 PM, said:

I've been doing upwards of 250 damage most games in lights and getting multiple assists, scoutings, uav destroyed, uav spottings, ect. Yet I still continuously seem to be on a downward spiral. I feel this games scoring system is really heavily in favor of assaults.
Latest game:

https://imgur.com/a/0XZR43M

You need to do more damage. Play Selfish. Use teammates as shields. Sacrifice teammates. Bring mid to long range builds every drop. Don't cap, don't obj, and output lots of dmg. Lights are actually stacked to get more Match Score due to protected and other things.

Edited by -Winter, 15 December 2023 - 05:46 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users