Advent Event Phase Two Live Now!

60 replies to this topic

#21 EDACRA

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 06:08 PM

Steam show I have over 2200 hours in this game.

I have 16 headshots to my name in that time.

Sure, anything is possible, but highly unlikely.

It is the principle of the matter that irks me.

#22 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 December 2023 - 07:21 PM

View PostOriffel, on 13 December 2023 - 02:46 PM, said:

Do you just have to hit them in the head, or do you need to land a killing blow headshot?
i assum what peopl have already said is true, somehow i got it and didn't realize it...

#23 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 15 December 2023 - 08:09 PM

removed this headshot requirement, it's complete nonsense to include it in an event

#24 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 15 December 2023 - 08:53 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 December 2023 - 07:56 AM, said:

400 missiles i thought cauldron hated missiles... especially lrms.

i died to a lrm headshot today, plz nerf lrms

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 09:45 PM

View PostEDACRA, on 15 December 2023 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostAl_Bundy, on 15 December 2023 - 08:09 PM, said:

removed this headshot requirement, it's complete nonsense to include it in an event

You still have more than two weeks to achieve that one headshot.

#26 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 15 December 2023 - 11:31 PM

I did my headshot few days ago, but it was someone who disconnected during a fight, Posted Image so it felt bad. But yesterday I was lucky enough to make another one and this time it wasnt cheating! Posted Image And now I have 11 headshots ! Posted Image
I am super bad at this game, so I am sure with bit of luck and trying anyone can do that. I think doing headshots is really fun in this game. So having one as a challenge is cool. Posted Image

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 12:39 AM

View Postaardappelianen, on 15 December 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

i died to a lrm headshot today, plz nerf lrms

LRMs are OP.

From this time forward, I am not leaving underground places such as tunnels (Crimson), overhanging rocks (Tourmaline) and caves (Forest Colony). Just to be on the safe side. Posted Image

#28 DrFeelBad

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 03:58 AM

got my headshot with the juggernaut.

#29 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2023 - 05:28 AM

thats really nice for all of you guys who got that lucky strike but for most other players that quest aint any fun and undoable ... unless you think that jumping from match to match to find that "lucky" dc to get it done doable

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 08:12 AM

View PostDrFeelBad, on 16 December 2023 - 03:58 AM, said:

got my headshot with the juggernaut.

Congratulations!

#31 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 December 2023 - 12:05 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 14 December 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

Headshot challenge = ******* move.

Knock it the **** off. You got flak for it before for a reason.

View PostEDACRA, on 15 December 2023 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostAl_Bundy, on 15 December 2023 - 08:09 PM, said:

But you DO know it's a color they already gave away, right? It's not like they're locking the new Commando behind the head shot challenge. And if you really are that salty about not getting the yellow, the Stocking Stuffer event hands out enough MC to purchase it even at full price.

#32 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 16 December 2023 - 02:46 PM

I think I like headshots in this game, in some other games I played it was all about shooting in the head, and it was often very easy that even I managed to do them a lot, it also felt a bit boring Posted Image ? Since every shot was always a headshot.

But here having such huge machine destroyed by simply poking it in the head would be a bit anticlimactic. So you need to find that super secret spot and poke it right in the eye and then boom! happy chemicals Posted Image.

I was once looking for something and I found this picture (PS: how do I post picture directly?) it must be related to this game, because that picture looks veeeery familiar Posted Image but I dont know where is it from or if you can turn it on somehow.
But I think this option would be super cool, you still need to hit the correct spot, but at least this way you can learn where to aim.

Its kinda difficult for people to know where to aim, when all you are told "head is up" I saw some picture here on this forum, where someone showed where all the different body parts "actually" are and its crazy. I was super confused early on when I shot someone in the head and the head didnt light up, because the head isnt head, but some side of the neck is head. Posted Image
Knowing where the actual thing is, would be super helpful. Posted Image

Edited by torsie, 16 December 2023 - 02:49 PM.

#33 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2023 - 01:48 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 December 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

But you DO know it's a color they already gave away, right? It's not like they're locking the new Commando behind the head shot challenge. And if you really are that salty about not getting the yellow, the Stocking Stuffer event hands out enough MC to purchase it even at full price.

You do know that this logic is kind of ... stupid? If the requirement for an event is like spinning the wheel of fortune it is bad. No matter if someone can get it done with enough luck or even get the "loot" for money. Next they come up with "kill all 4 original Founder Mechs to get an unique something" and you are like ... oh well, no problem at all. Just buy it.

Edited by Tarys, 17 December 2023 - 01:48 AM.

#34 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 02:42 AM

View PostTarys, on 17 December 2023 - 01:48 AM, said:

You do know that this logic is kind of ... stupid?
His logic actually seems quite sound to me.

If the requirement for an event is like spinning the wheel of fortune it is bad.
The usual spinning wheel of fortune stops at random. You spin it and you can not influence where it stops.

To achieve a headshot in MWO, you just need a steady hand and suitable loadout. Your success is literally in your hands.

So both situations are polar opposites.

No matter if someone can get it done with enough luck or even get the "loot" for money.
As I said above, this is not only about luck, but about your gunnery skill too.

Some players have even unlocked the "Guillotine" achievement.

Next they come up with "kill all 4 original Founder Mechs to get an unique something" and you are like ... oh well, no problem at all. Just buy it.
Nonsense.

You have no influence if you see any Founder's 'Mech in the game. On the other hand, you can be sure that you will see twelve enemy 'Mechs that you can try to headcap.

Also, you can buy the Angelic Yellow colour in the store any time you wish.

#35 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2023 - 02:51 AM

View Postmartian, on 17 December 2023 - 02:42 AM, said:

His logic actually seems quite sound to me.

The usual spinning wheel of fortune stops at random. You spin it and you can not influence where it stops.

To achieve a headshot in MWO, you just need a steady hand and suitable loadout. Your success is literally in your hands.

So both situations are polar opposites.

As I said above, this is not only about luck, but about your gunnery skill too.

Some players have even unlocked the "Guillotine" achievement.

Nonsense.

You have no influence if you see any Founder's 'Mech in the game. On the other hand, you can be sure that you will see twelve enemy 'Mechs that you can try to headcap.

Also, you can buy the Angelic Yellow colour in the store any time you wish.

I have as much influence of getting a headshot than i have over getting specific enemy mechs: zero
In both cases you need the perfect setup (angle, range, dps, hopefully some teammates who distract or dont rush in to get the ct kill) vs. needed matches to get the mechs.

And if you like it so much: you should prolly buy every event reward in store. Saves you some time, helps the game running and wait ... aint events there to get more people into playing the game, actually enjoying it and the event they came up with and maybe even make them spend some money? Guess i am getting old.

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:41 AM

View PostTarys, on 17 December 2023 - 02:51 AM, said:

I have as much influence of getting a headshot than i have over getting specific enemy mechs: zero
In both cases you need the perfect setup (angle, range, dps, hopefully some teammates who distract or dont rush in to get the ct kill) vs. needed matches to get the mechs.
Obviously, it is doable, since some players in this thread have managed to get exactly such headshot.

View PostTarys, on 17 December 2023 - 02:51 AM, said:

And if you like it so much: you should prolly buy every event reward in store. Saves you some time, helps the game running and wait ... aint events there to get more people into playing the game, actually enjoying it and the event they came up with and maybe even make them spend some money? Guess i am getting old.
Why would I do that? I headcapped enemy 'Mech in the game three days ago. Actually deploying and trying to get some headshots is more productive than saying "I can't do that".

In the end, it is your choice.

#37 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:50 AM

There is a difference between "i cant do that" and "you need tons of luck". Why is your last headshot 3 days ago and not on a daily basis? If it is so easy you should get at least one per day. And that only goes for the people playing a few games per day and not just on f.e. weekends

Edited by Tarys, 17 December 2023 - 03:56 AM.

#38 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:22 AM

View PostTarys, on 17 December 2023 - 03:50 AM, said:

There is a difference between "i cant do that" and "you need tons of luck". Why is your last headshot 3 days ago and not on a daily basis? If it is so easy you should get at least one per day. And that only goes for the people playing a few games per day and not just on f.e. weekends
I run various 'Mechs with diverse loadouts; some of them are more suitable for achieving headshots than others. And of course, I do not try to get headshots in every single game.

This challenge requires obtaining one headshot, so I aimed for enemy cockpit to get that headshot. And I got it.

#39 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 17 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

Headshot...done. Just drop in a mech with 2 AC20s. I prefer my JM6-A due to its HSL+1. Have both 20s in the same weapons group and fire away. Finished the headshot last night in something like 6 matches. You even touch someone's cockpit with that and they are done.

#40 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 09:41 AM

View PostKatrina Steiner, on 17 December 2023 - 09:40 AM, said:

Headshot...done. Just drop in a mech with 2 AC20s. I prefer my JM6-A due to its HSL+1. Have both 20s in the same weapons group and fire away. Finished the headshot last night in something like 6 matches. You even touch someone's cockpit with that and they are done.

Good job! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users