No replies to this topic

#1 xR1pp3Rx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 200 posts
  • Locationpacific north west

Posted 19 December 2023 - 10:36 AM

I propose that since one or more of the DEVs decided to basically destroy the game mechanics making all terrain unmanageable in a bipedal Mech, we should henceforth remove the legs on all mech variants and replace them with tracks. add a few roads to a couple of maps and wah-lah, we could just have TANKWARRIOR>

In all seriousness, in the last yr or so, there has been a terrible reverse-creep in a mechs capabilities. It began early on in the alpha testing days when the beta cucks complained until you mitigated hill humping, and it's remained an asinine Idea that has over time continued to destroy the very idea of a mech. Lets leave out the discussion of it being a sci-fi universe and focus on the fact that the game claims to be a simulator. Thus, in its most basic form, the game as intended, should simulate a bipedal robot that assumes all of the physical attributes of its pilot. if the pilot asks his mech to step up a steep incline it should be able to do so. conversely, if a pilot needed to step onto things bigger than a pebble it should also be able to do so. With the way Devs have it now, there is no amount of hill climb skill tree additions that could make a difference.

Why also is it, that if we are simulating certain engine outputs by size and type that the game offers, do they not effect a mechs ability to traverse certain terrain obstacles? It never made sense and now days seems smarter to take the joke of an idea above and make it reality.

One last observation. While the franchise lives in a pretend universe, It's our future universe. As in mankind's. Therefore, the basic laws of physics should apply in the Battletech future as it does for humans currently. Future discoveries like fantasy muscle fibers notwithstanding. In any known application, humans look to horsepower to solve limitations on physics. I could post pictures how a small tractor is replaced time and time again with bigger more powerful tractors. rockets replaced with larger ones so they can travel further into the air. BB gun vs High caliber Rifles, infantry vs artillery... Come on DEVs, you want to keep this game alive?? Let's start revamping some of these (terrible) original decisions and make moves to make the game better playable and more realistic.

Here is a freebie. Advanced zoom should remove all cockpit shake while jump sniping. just think about how it is in today's advance weaponry. You think a gunner in a C130 warship isn't shaking around and bebopping through the air and misses the shots because of it? why would a WW1 biplane be able to shoot stuff down but a mech 700 yrs in the future not be able to do so? It's silly. Make Advanced optics an MC item. If you insist on screen shake leave it to people who haven't skilled up yet, thus can't afford such equipment.

But I digress, if we just turn the game into TANKWARRIOR, we could keep todays antiquated targeting systems they use in old tanks and stuff, and still hit targets accurately while racing over uneven terrain while not lifting a toe!!

At this point you just have this whole thing wrong, and it keeps snowballing in the wrong direction. today I got stuck again trying to crest a simple ramp on a well-established map.
the nonsense makes me want to play MW5 exclusively but sadly you haven't made it multi player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users